- The report contains detailed information about Immucor Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Immucor Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Immucor Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Immucor Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Immucor Inc. business.
About Immucor Inc.
Immucor, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of reagents and automated systems to detect and identify certain properties of the cell and serum components of human blood for the purpose of blood transfusion. The company's offerings are targeted at hospitals, donor centers, and reference laboratories.
The company's reagent products are used in tests to identify the blood group (A, B, AB, O) and type (Rh positive or negative); to detect and identify red cell antibodies or red cell antigens; to detect and identify platelet antibodies; and to determine blood compatibility (crossmatch).
Instruments and Instrument Systems
The company offers customers a selection of automated analyzers, marketed as Scalable Solutions, which meet the various needs of low, medium, and high-volume testing facilities. While the company designs and owns the rights to its instruments, it contracts with third-party manufacturers for their production.
The companys serology instruments use both its proprietary solid phase technology, marketed under the name Capture, as well as certain manual reagents to perform tests. In its proprietary solid phase blood test system, red cell or platelet antigens are bound to a microtitration plate as a solid support (the solid phase), and the bound reactant captures other reactants in a fluid state and binds those fluid reactants to the solid phase. It has approval or clearance for the Capture-P products for platelet testing, the Capture-R products for red cell testing, and one infectious disease test, Capture-CMV (acute cytomegalovirus).
NEO: The NEO, targeted at donor centers, large-volume hospitals, and reference laboratories, provides an automated solution to perform all routine blood bank tests, including blood grouping, antibody screening, crossmatch, direct antiglobulin test (DAT), and antibody identification. NEO is its fourth generation automated instrument.
Echo: Echo is targeted at small- to medium-sized hospitals, as well as at integrated delivery networks (both hospital and lab systems) in combination with NEO. Like NEO, Echo has a test menu and uses both its proprietary capture reagents, as well as certain traditional reagents to perform its testing. With the capacity to load 20 samples at a time, Echo can perform approximately 14 type-and-screen tests an hour.
Capture Workstation (Semi-automated Processor): The Capture Workstation has semi-automated components for performing its proprietary Capture assays manually. It is marketed as a back-up system for its automated NEO and Echo instruments, or as a test system for small laboratories looking to standardize testing.
The companys molecular immunohematology technology, which was obtained through its acquisition of BioArray Solutions, is marketed the BeadChip system. BioArray developed a technology platform that allows for various multiplex DNA-based testing, combining DNA amplification (PCR) with BeadChip detection and data analysis software. The platform combines semiconductor technology, microparticle chemistry and molecular biology. BeadChip kits include Multiplex Human Erythrocyte Antigen (HEA) and Human Platelet Antigen (HPA). The BeadChip system is available for research use in the U.S.
Array Imaging System and Basis (Semi-automated): The molecular testing using its BeadChip technology is a semi-automated process. The testing itself is primarily manual while the reading and interpretation of test results is automated with its Array Imaging System and BASIS database. The company is developing a next generation instrument that would automate the manual testing process.
The company has a direct sales presence in the United States, Canada, western Europe, and Japan. It sells through distributors in other regions of the world.
In the United States and Canada, the companys major competitor includes Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho), a Johnson & Johnson company. In western Europe, its principal competitors include Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. and Ortho. Its principal competitor in Japan is Ortho.
Immucor, Inc. was founded in 1982.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IMMUCOR INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IMMUCOR INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IMMUCOR INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IMMUCOR INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IMMUCOR INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Immucor Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Immucor Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Immucor Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Immucor Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Immucor Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. IMMUCOR INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IMMUCOR INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IMMUCOR INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IMMUCOR INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IMMUCOR INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IMMUCOR INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Immucor Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Immucor Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Immucor Inc. Major Shareholders
Immucor Inc. History
Immucor Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Immucor Inc. Offices and Representations
Immucor Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Immucor Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Immucor Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Immucor Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Immucor Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Immucor Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Immucor Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Immucor Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Immucor Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Immucor Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Immucor Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Immucor Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?