- The report contains detailed information about IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. business.
About IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. develops, designs, manufactures, and distributes products for veterinary, and food and water testing markets. The company also sells a line of portable electrolytes and blood gas analyzers for the human point-of-care medical diagnostics market.
The companys primary products and services are: point-of-care veterinary diagnostic products, comprising rapid assays and instruments and consumables; veterinary laboratory and consulting services used by veterinarians; practice information systems and services and digital radiography systems used by veterinarians; diagnostic and health-monitoring products for production animals; products that test water for certain microbiological contaminants; products that test milk for antibiotic residues; products that test milk for antibiotic residues and other contaminants; and point-of-care electrolytes and blood gas analyzers used in the human medical diagnostics market.
The company operates through three segments, including Companion Animal Group (CAG), Water Quality Products (Water), and Production Animal Segment (PAS).
COMPANION ANIMAL GROUP
This segment offers diagnostic and information technology products and services for the veterinary market.
Instruments and Consumables
The company markets an integrated suite of in-house laboratory analyzers for use in veterinary practices, the IDEXX VetLab suite of analyzers. The IDEXX VetLab suite includes instrument systems, as well as associated proprietary consumable products.
Blood and Urine Chemistry: The company sells two analyzers, the Catalyst Dx Chemistry Analyzer and the VetTest Chemistry Analyzer, that are used by veterinarians to measure levels of certain enzymes and other substances in blood or urine for assistance in diagnosing physiologic conditions. Both instruments use consumables manufactured for IDEXX by Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. (Ortho), a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, based on Orthos dry slide technology (dry chemistry slides, VetTest slides, Catalyst Dx slides or slides). In addition to dry chemistry slides, the Catalyst Dx Analyzer also uses electrolyte consumables manufactured by IDEXX at OPTI Medical. Blood tests commonly run on these analyzers include glucose, alkaline phosphatase, ALT (alanine aminotransferase), creatinine, BUN (blood urea nitrogen), and total protein. Tests are sold individually and in prepackaged panels. Both analyzers also run a urine test called urine protein: creatinine ratio, which assists in the detection of early renal disease.
The Catalyst Dx analyzer is the company's chemistry analyzer, which was launched in 2008. The Catalyst Dx analyzer provides menu relative to the VetTest analyzer, including the ability to run electrolytes. The Catalyst Dx analyzer allows a veterinarian to run multiple patient samples simultaneously; to run different sample types including whole blood, plasma, serum and urine; to perform 27 different chemistry and electrolyte parameter tests; and to automatically calculate other parameters and ratios important to blood chemistry analysis.
The companys VetLyte Electrolyte Analyzer measures three electrolytessodium, potassium and chlorideto aid in evaluating acid-base and electrolyte balances and assessing plasma hydration.
The companys VetStat Electrolyte and Blood Gas Analyzer measures electrolytes, blood gases, glucose and ionized calcium, and calculates other parameters, such as base excess and anion gap. These measurements aid veterinarians in diagnosing various disease states and evaluating fluid therapy choices and measuring respiratory function. The VetStat analyzer runs single-use disposable cassettes that contain various configurations of analytes.
Hematology: The company sells three hematology analyzers: the LaserCyte Hematology Analyzer, which uses laser-flow cytometry technology to analyze cellular components of blood, including red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets (also called a complete blood count (CBC)); the Coag Dx Analyzer, which permits the detection and diagnosis of blood clotting disorders; and the IDEXX VetAutoread Hematology Analyzer, which also pro
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Major Shareholders
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. History
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Offices and Representations
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?