- The report contains detailed information about ICU Medical, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ICU Medical, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ICU Medical, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ICU Medical, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ICU Medical, Inc. business.
About ICU Medical, Inc.
ICU Medical, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of disposable medical connection systems for use in vascular therapy applications in the United States and internationally. Its disposable medical devices protect patients from catheter related bloodstream infections and healthcare workers from exposure to diseases through accidental needlesticks or hazardous drugs. The company also engages in the production of custom infusion sets. In addition, the company manufactures critical care medical devices, including catheters, angiography kits and cardiac monitoring systems.
I.V. therapy lines, used in hospitals, and ambulatory clinics, consist of a tube running from a bottle or plastic bag containing an I.V. solution to a catheter inserted in a patients vein. The tube typically has several injection ports or Y-sites to which a secondary I.V. line can be connected to permit constant intravenous administration of medications, fluids and nutrients, and to allow instantaneous intravenous administration of emergency medication.
CLAVE Products: Prior to the introduction of needle-safe connectors, a conventional I.V. line terminated with a male luer connector to which a hollow-bore needle would be attached to penetrate a latex or non-latex rubber covered injection port to make a primary or secondary I.V. connection. With the CLAVE system, instead of attaching a hollow-bore needle to the male luer, a CLAVE is used in place of the injection port and the male luer, without a needle, is simply threaded into the CLAVE with a half turn. The CLAVE consists of a cylindrical housing, which contains a silicone compression seal and an internal blunt cannula.
The Y-CLAVE is designed to be integrated directly into primary and secondary I.V. sets, thus eliminating the need for special adapters, pre-slit injection ports, or metal needles when making piggyback I.V. connections. The Y-CLAVE is marketed to I.V. set manufacturers, such as Hospira, to build directly into their I.V. sets or used by it in its custom I.V. sets. The MicroCLAVE is intended for use on all peripheral and central catheters, which allows it to be used throughout the Hospital and reduces line items that the Hospital may need to carry and the educational burden of having multiple devices. The MicroCLAVE is being marketed as an extension of the CLAVE product line for use where the infection control, neutral displacement, and saline flush features are advantageous.
The company's custom sets include custom infusion sets, custom oncology sets, and custom critical care sets. Under an agreement with Hospira, the company manufactures custom infusion sets for sale by Hospira, and the two companies jointly promote the products under the name SetSource.
CLC2000: The CLC2000 is a one piece, swabbable connector used to connect I.V. lines to catheters, which is engineered to have a positive displacement of fluid on disconnection which in turn will prevent the back-flow of blood into the catheter. The CLC2000 also contains no natural rubber latex. The CLC2000 consists of a T shaped cylindrical housing, which contains a poppet that is depressed as the luer tip enters the CLC2000. The CLC2000 is typically used on central venous catheters where catheter occlusion is most prevalent.
Standard Critical Care Products
Standard critical care products are used to monitor vital signs, as well as specific physiological functions of key organ systems. In 2005, the company acquired Hospiras Salt Lake City manufacturing facility and entered into an agreement with Hospira to produce their critical care products, including invasive monitoring, angiography products, and certain other products they had manufactured at that facility. On August 31, 2009, the company purchased the commercial rights and physical assets from Hospiras critical care product line which provide the control over all aspects of the company's critical care product line.
The standard critical care products the company manufactures are invasive hemodynamic monitoring systems that are used to monitor cardiac function and blood flow in critically ill patients. They inc
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ICU MEDICAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ICU MEDICAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ICU MEDICAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ICU MEDICAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ICU MEDICAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ICU Medical, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ICU Medical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ICU Medical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ICU Medical, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ICU Medical, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ICU MEDICAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ICU MEDICAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ICU MEDICAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ICU MEDICAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ICU MEDICAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ICU MEDICAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ICU Medical, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ICU Medical, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ICU Medical, Inc. Major Shareholders
ICU Medical, Inc. History
ICU Medical, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ICU Medical, Inc. Offices and Representations
ICU Medical, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ICU Medical, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ICU Medical, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ICU Medical, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
ICU Medical, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ICU Medical, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ICU Medical, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ICU Medical, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ICU Medical, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ICU Medical, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ICU Medical, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ICU Medical, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?