- The report contains detailed information about Hooper Holmes Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hooper Holmes Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hooper Holmes Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hooper Holmes Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hooper Holmes Inc. business.
About Hooper Holmes Inc.
Hooper Holmes, Inc. provides outsourced risk assessment services to the life and health insurance industry. The company provides paramedical and medical examinations, personal health interviews and record collection, and laboratory testing, which help life insurance companies evaluate the risks associated with underwriting policies. It also conducts wellness screenings for wellness companies, disease management organizations and health plans.
The companys Health Information Division (HID) consists of various service lines, including Portamedic, Heritage Labs, Health & Wellness, and Hooper Holmes Services.
The company performs paramedical and medical examinations of individuals, primarily on behalf of insurance companies in connection with the offering or rating of insurance coverage (mainly life insurance), along with medical examinations of health plan participants to provide medical information on plan members to the plan sponsors.
The company assists insurance companies, their affiliated agents, independent agents and brokers, in gathering this data. It provides its paramedical examination services through a network of paramedical examiners, consisting of phlebotomists, registered nurses, licensed practitioner nurses, emergency medical technicians (EMTs), and other medically trained professionals.
In 2009, the company expanded its service offering of providing medical exam assessments to senior individuals who are enrolled in Medicare Advantage healthcare plans. It provides these services utilizing its network of licensed and trained physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Heritage Labs performs tests of blood, urine and/or oral fluid specimens, the results of which are used primarily in connection with the life insurance underwriting process and, to a lesser extent, in the health insurance underwriting process.
Heritage Labs provides testing services that consist of certain specimen profiles designed to provide its customers with specific information of relevance to the assessment of a persons health profile, such as the presence of antibodies to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV); cholesterol and related lipids; liver or kidney disorders; the presence of antibodies to hepatitis; prostate specific antigens; immune disorders; tobacco/nicotine use; and the use of certain medications, cocaine and other drugs.
In addition to performing lab testing services, Heritage Labs assembles blood/urine kits, urine-only kits and oral fluid kits. The kits are primarily sold to paramedical examination companies, including its Portamedic business, which then bill their insurance company customers for the kits they use. Heritage Labs also assembles kits for various other companies.
Heritage Labs markets a line of self-collected finger stick test kits under the trade name Appraise. The kits are used for the testing of glycosylated (glycated) hemoglobin (hemoglobin A1c), which has been implicated in diabetes and damage to, or disease of, the kidneys and non-inflammatory damage to the retina of the eye.
Health & Wellness
The companys Health & Wellness service line collects health information through onsite biometric screenings, self collection laboratory tests kits and health risk assessments for health and care management companies, including wellness companies, disease management organizations and health plans.
The companys Health & Wellness services include scheduling of individual and group screenings; provision and fulfillment of needed supplies (examination kits, blood pressure cuffs, stadiometers, scales, and centrifuges) at screening events; end-to-end event management; biometric screenings (height, weight, body mass index, the taking of a persons hip, waist and neck measurements, as well as pulse and blood pressure) and blood draws through venipuncture or fingerstick all performed by certain of its paramedical examiners; lab testing of blood specimens utilizing its Heritage Labs laboratory; and data processing and transmission.
In 2009, the company expanded the services it offers at its biometric screening events to include influenza
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HOOPER HOLMES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HOOPER HOLMES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HOOPER HOLMES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HOOPER HOLMES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HOOPER HOLMES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hooper Holmes Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hooper Holmes Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hooper Holmes Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hooper Holmes Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hooper Holmes Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HOOPER HOLMES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HOOPER HOLMES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HOOPER HOLMES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HOOPER HOLMES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HOOPER HOLMES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HOOPER HOLMES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hooper Holmes Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hooper Holmes Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hooper Holmes Inc. Major Shareholders
Hooper Holmes Inc. History
Hooper Holmes Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hooper Holmes Inc. Offices and Representations
Hooper Holmes Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hooper Holmes Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hooper Holmes Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Hooper Holmes Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Hooper Holmes Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hooper Holmes Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hooper Holmes Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hooper Holmes Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Hooper Holmes Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Hooper Holmes Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hooper Holmes Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hooper Holmes Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?