- The report contains detailed information about Henry Schein Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Henry Schein Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Henry Schein Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Henry Schein Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Henry Schein Inc. business.
About Henry Schein Inc.
Henry Schein, Inc. distributes healthcare products and services primarily to office-based healthcare practitioners worldwide.
The company operates its business through two segments, Healthcare Distribution and Technology.
The Healthcare Distribution segment aggregates its dental, medical (including animal health) and international operating segments. This segment consists of consumable products, small equipment, laboratory products, large dental and medical equipment, equipment repair services, branded and generic pharmaceuticals, vaccines, surgical products, diagnostic tests, infection-control products, and vitamins.
The companys dental group serves office-based dental practitioners, schools and other institutions in the combined United States and Canadian dental market. Its medical group serves office-based medical practitioners, surgical centers, other alternate-care settings, animal health clinics, and other institutions throughout the United States. The companys international group serves 21 countries outside of North America.
The company has 192 equipment sales and service centers worldwide that provide repair, installation, and technical services for its healthcare customers. Its ProRepair technicians provide installation and repair services for dental handpieces; dental, medical and animal health small equipment; table top sterilizers; and dental equipment.
The company offers consumable dental products, dental laboratory products, and small equipment, such as X-ray products, infection-control products, handpieces, preventatives, impression materials, composites, anesthetics, teeth, dental implants, gypsum, acrylics, articulators, and abrasives. It also offers dental equipment, such as dental chairs, delivery units and lights, X-ray equipment, equipment repair, and high-tech equipment.
The company also offers medical products, such as branded and generic pharmaceuticals, vaccines, surgical products, diagnostic tests, infection-control products, X-ray products, equipment, and vitamins. It also offers animal health products, such as branded and generic pharmaceuticals, and surgical and consumable products and services and equipment.
The Technology segment provides software, technology, and other value-added services to healthcare practitioners, primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand. The companys value-added practice solutions include practice management software systems for dental and medical practitioners and animal health clinics. Its technology group offerings also include financial services, on a non-recourse basis, e-services, and continuing education services for practitioners.
The company sells practice management software systems to its dental, medical, and animal health customers. Its practice management software solutions provide practitioners with patient treatment history, billing, accounts receivable analyses and management, appointment calendars, electronic claims processing, and word processing programs. As of December 26, 2009, the company had an active user base of approximately 65,000 practices, including Dentrix, Easy Dental, Oasis, and EXACT for dental practices; MicroMD for physician practices; and AVImark for animal health clinics.
The company offers its customers solutions in operating their practices by providing access to various financial services and products, including non-recourse financing for equipment, technology and software products; non-recourse patient financing; and collection services and credit card processing.
The companys primary competitors, in the sale of its dental products, include the Patterson Dental division of Patterson Companies, Inc. and Benco Dental Supply Company. Its primary competitors in the sale of medical products are the General Medical division of McKesson Corp.; PSS World Medical, Inc.; and the Allegiance division of Cardinal Health, Inc. In the animal health market, its primary competitors are MWI Veterinary Supply Inc. and the Webster Veterinary division of Patterson Companies, Inc. With regard to its dental practice management software, the company competes against various companies, including PracticeWorks, Inc. and Patterson Dental division. In the animal health practice management market, its primary competitor is IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. In medical practice management and electronic medical records market, the company competes with various companies, such as NextGen Healthcare Information Systems, Inc.; eClinicalWorks, Allscripts, LLC; and athenahealth, Inc.
The company also faces significant competition internationally, where it competes on the basis of price and customer service against various competitors, including the GACD Group; Pluradent AG & Co.; Planmeca Oy; Omega Pharma NV; Billericay Dental Supply Co. Ltd.; National Veterinary Services; and Alcyon SA.
Henry Schein, Inc. was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HENRY SCHEIN INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HENRY SCHEIN INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HENRY SCHEIN INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HENRY SCHEIN INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HENRY SCHEIN INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Henry Schein Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Henry Schein Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Henry Schein Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Henry Schein Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Henry Schein Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HENRY SCHEIN INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HENRY SCHEIN INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HENRY SCHEIN INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HENRY SCHEIN INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HENRY SCHEIN INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HENRY SCHEIN INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Henry Schein Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Henry Schein Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Henry Schein Inc. Major Shareholders
Henry Schein Inc. History
Henry Schein Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Henry Schein Inc. Offices and Representations
Henry Schein Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Henry Schein Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Henry Schein Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Henry Schein Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Henry Schein Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Henry Schein Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Henry Schein Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Henry Schein Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Henry Schein Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Henry Schein Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Henry Schein Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Henry Schein Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?