- The report contains detailed information about Healthetech Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Healthetech Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Healthetech Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Healthetech Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Healthetech Inc. business.
About Healthetech Inc.
Healthetech, Inc. engages in the design, development and marketing of handheld medical devices and software for the measurement and monitoring of important health parameters. The companys health monitoring devices measure oxygen consumption (oxygen uptake) to calculate resting metabolic rate, or RMR.
The companys health monitoring devices include MedGem for the medical market and BodyGem for the weight management, nutrition monitoring and fitness markets. The companys BalanceLog software allows users to create a weight management system that incorporates RMR measurements from its devices. Its BalanceLog Pro software allows health and fitness professionals to directly monitor a BalanceLog clients food, nutrition and exercise data over time and provide feedback to the client.
Health Monitoring Devices
The companys health monitoring devices are based on advanced technologies that enable healthcare professionals and wellness advisors to determine resting metabolic rate, or RMR, by accurately measuring oxygen consumption. This information is then used by healthcare professionals, wellness advisors and fitness professionals to help determine the caloric requirements of each patient or client.
The companys portfolio of health monitoring devices includes:
MedGem: MedGem is intended for use by healthcare professionals for the measurement of oxygen uptake to calculate resting metabolic rate in clinical and research applications. This information can then be used for medically supervised weight management programs and medical nutritional assessment and therapy. MedGem displays both oxygen uptake in milliliters per minute and RMR in calories per day. MedGem can be used in acute care, long-term care, home care and clinic-based care settings such as physician offices, rehabilitation centers or ambulatory surgery centers.
BodyGem: BodyGem is intended for use in non-medical weight management, nutrition monitoring and health and fitness programs to assist individuals in developing appropriate dietary and exercise regimens. BodyGem displays RMR and is intended for use by wellness advisors in commercial weight management programs, health and fitness clubs, and home-based settings.
The companys software products include:
BalanceLog: The companys consumer software package is called BalanceLog. RMR measurements from the BodyGem or MedGem device can be used in conjunction with its BalanceLog software application for a complete nutritional assessment, weight management and fitness and exercise solution. BalanceLog integrates the users personal profile information with specific weight management objectives. It allows the user to log calories consumed and lifestyle and exercise information in order to develop a personalized program to monitor and manage his or her nutrition and weight. BalanceLog has over 4,000 foods and 300 exercises stored in its database, including brand name foods and menus from major fast food restaurants.
BalanceLog Pro: BalanceLog Pro is a software application that allows health and fitness professionals to directly monitor a BalanceLog clients food, nutrition and exercise data over time and provide feedback to the client.
RMR and MedGem Analyzer Software: With RMR Analyzer, users can measure and track breath-by-breath airflow and RMR on a real time basis. The software generates graphs, reports and patient or client records, all available for printout. Additionally, the MedGem Analyzer software also displays oxygen consumption. The companys MedGem analyzer software is intended for use by medical professionals.
The companys major markets include:
Medical: This market consists primarily of healthcare professionals providing nutrition and health monitoring services, including medically supervised weight management programs, in such places as physician offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics and nursing homes.
Commercial Weight Management: This market consists of companies that provide structured weight management programs.
Commercial Fitness: This market primarily consists of corporate owned, franchised and independent commercial fitness centers.
Corporate Wellness Programs: The corporate wellness market consists of corporations that have developed internal programs to encourage health and fitness among their employees as well as vendors who provide these programs on an outsourced basis to corporations that have adopted these programs.
Day Spas and Resorts: This market consists of stand-alone facilities as well as those located within hotels and other recreational destinations. These facilities typically provide a range of beauty, wellness and physical therapies and treatments.
Healthetech.com Web Site: Consumers may purchase the companys BalanceLog software directly from its web site.
In 2003, the companys major customers were Microlife Corporation, Bally Total Fitness Corporation and Mead Johnson & Company.
The companys competitors include: companies that develop, manufacture or market metabolic carts and other devices used to derive metabolic rates, such as SensorMedics Corporation, a subsidiary of VIASYS Healthcare, Medical Graphics Corporation, a subsidiary of Angeion Corporation, and Puritan Bennett Ltd., a subsidiary of Tyco International; companies that develop, manufacture or market metabolic monitors such as KORR Medical Technologies, Medical Graphics Corporation, SensorMedics Corporation, P.K. Morgan Ltd. and COSMED S.r.l.; and companies that develop and sell software applications that track nutritional and caloric information and are targeted at consumers, such as DietMaster Systems, Inc., NutriCounter, Inc. and Vivonic.
Healthetech, Inc. was incorporated in Delaware in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HEALTHETECH INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HEALTHETECH INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HEALTHETECH INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HEALTHETECH INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HEALTHETECH INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Healthetech Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Healthetech Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Healthetech Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Healthetech Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Healthetech Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HEALTHETECH INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HEALTHETECH INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HEALTHETECH INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HEALTHETECH INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HEALTHETECH INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HEALTHETECH INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Healthetech Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Healthetech Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Healthetech Inc. Major Shareholders
Healthetech Inc. History
Healthetech Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Healthetech Inc. Offices and Representations
Healthetech Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Healthetech Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Healthetech Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Healthetech Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Healthetech Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Healthetech Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Healthetech Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Healthetech Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Healthetech Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Healthetech Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Healthetech Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Healthetech Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?