- The report contains detailed information about Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV business.
About Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV
Grupo Casa Saba, S.A.B. de C.V. operates as a multi-channel, multi-product national wholesale distributor in Mexico. The company distributes pharmaceutical products, health, beauty aids and consumer goods, publications, general merchandise, and other products. The company distributes the majority of these products on a non-exclusive basis.
The company distributes approximately 15,000 different products, including approximately 5,400 pharmaceutical products; 5,100 health and beauty products; 450 general merchandise and other products, such as food and toiletries; and 4,000 publications.
The company distributes these products throughout Mexico through its nationwide distribution network to clients in various segments, including approximately 14,450 pharmacies owned by private individuals; approximately 4,200 privately-owned pharmacy chains and approximately 475 government pharmacies; approximately 2,900 regional and national supermarkets; approximately 400 racks and 170 nationwide agents; approximately100 department stores; and approximately 400 major wholesalers and approximately 5,000 convenience stores.
The company operates approximately 160 pharmacies in Mexico, primarily in the states of Jalisco, Guanajuato, Michoacán, Nuevo Leon, Coahuila and the metropolitan area of Mexico City and 71 pharmacies in the states of Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo in Brazil through which it sells pharmaceutical products, as well as health and beauty aids and other related consumer goods.
The companys operations are organized into four business divisions, including the Private Pharma business division, the Government Pharma business division, the HBCG/Other Products Division and the Publications business division.
Private Sector Pharmaceutical Distribution (Private Pharma)
The companys private sector customers consist primarily of privately owned pharmacies, as well as national and regional pharmaceutical and supermarket chains and the pharmacies associated with private hospitals.
Public Sector Pharmaceutical Distribution (Government Pharma)
The companys public sector customers consist of Mexican government institutions. The Mexican government has a network of hospitals, clinics and pharmacies on a national level, as well as specialized health institutions, to which it caters. The government institutions purchase products from the company.
ISSSTE The Instituto de Seguridad y Servicios Sociales para los Trabajadores del Estado, the health and social security institution for Mexican federal government employees.
PEMEX The hospitals and pharmacies operated by Petroleos Mexicanos, the Mexican national oil company.
IMSS The hospitals and pharmacies of the Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, the health and social security institution for Mexican employees of private companies.
State Health Institutions The hospitals, clinics and pharmacies of each of the States of Mexico. The government employees of the States of Mexico have the right to go to these institutions for their healthcare needs.
Retail Pharmacy Business
The companys retail pharmacy business consists of its operation of approximately 150 pharmacies in the states of Jalisco, Mexico, Guanajuato, Michoacan, Coahuila and Mexico City, through Farmacias ABC, 10 pharmacies in certain northern states of Mexico, including Nuevo Leon, Coahuila and Chihuahua, through Farmacias Provee de Especialidades and approximately 71 pharmacies in the states of Río de Janeiro and Sao Paulo in Brazil, through Drogasmil.
The companys pharmacies under the name Farmacias Provee de Especialidades are mostly located at or near health centers, including hospitals in the Monterrey metropolitan area. Its pharmacies under the name Farmacias ABC are located throughout the Guadalajara metropolitan area, the Mexico City metropolitan area and in the states of Guanajuato, Michoacán, Jalisco, and Coahuila.
In Brazil, the company purchases pharmaceutical products mainly from the three wholesale distributors, which deliver the products directly to its stores using a just-in-time system, enabling it to receive its products. Through its pharmacies in Bra
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GRUPO CASA SABA SAB DE CV COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GRUPO CASA SABA SAB DE CV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GRUPO CASA SABA SAB DE CV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GRUPO CASA SABA SAB DE CV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GRUPO CASA SABA SAB DE CV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Industry Position Analysis
6. GRUPO CASA SABA SAB DE CV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GRUPO CASA SABA SAB DE CV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GRUPO CASA SABA SAB DE CV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. MEXICO PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GRUPO CASA SABA SAB DE CV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GRUPO CASA SABA SAB DE CV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GRUPO CASA SABA SAB DE CV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Major Shareholders
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV History
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Offices and Representations
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Capital Market Snapshot
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV 1-year Stock Charts
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV 5-year Stock Charts
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Grupo Casa Saba SAB de CV Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?