- The report contains detailed information about Given Imaging Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Given Imaging Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Given Imaging Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Given Imaging Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Given Imaging Ltd. business.
About Given Imaging Ltd.
Given Imaging Ltd. develops, manufactures, and markets diagnostic products for the visualization and detection of disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
The companys principal product, which incorporates its core technology, is the Given System, a proprietary wireless imaging system that uses its disposable video capsules (the PillCam capsules). The PillCam capsules can be ingested by patients and move naturally through the gastrointestinal tract without discomfort while wirelessly transmitting to a portable recorder, enabling the gastroenterologist to view video, images and data on a RAPID workstation, utilizing its proprietary RAPID software. The company also has developed the AGILE Patency Capsule and system, which is a dissolvable capsule that enables physicians to determine whether there are obstructions or strictures in the gastrointestinal tract that may prevent passage of its PillCam SB capsule.
PillCam capsules: The PillCam capsules are miniaturized disposable color video cameras encased in a plastic shell incorporating one or more specially developed imaging devices based on complementary metal oxide semiconductor, or CMOS, technology. Other components include optics, white-light emitting diodes for illumination, an application-specific integrated circuit device for control and image transmission, high-capacity silver oxide batteries, an antenna and other discrete electronic components.
PillCam SB: The companys initial capsule for the Given System was the PillCam SB video capsule for visualization and detection of abnormalities of the small bowel in patients ages two years and older. The PillCam SB capsule transmits images at a rate of two images per second for approximately eight hours, resulting in approximately 50,000 images.
PillCam ESO: PillCam ESO capsule is used for visualization of the esophageal mucosa. The PillCam ESO capsule contains an imaging device and light source at both ends of the capsule. The patient ingests the PillCam ESO capsule in the physicians office. It also offers its esophageal capsule, PillCam ESO 2.
PillCam COLON: PillCam COLON is the third video capsule the company developed. It contains an imaging device and light source at both ends of the capsule. The platform for PillCam COLON includes some of the same elements as PillCam SB and PillCam ESO, including a sensor array and data recorder. The PillCam COLON capsule procedure includes a colon cleansing and preparation procedure, as well as additional cleansing agents to enhance capsule propulsion.
AGILE Patency System: The AGILE Patency System consists of the AGILE Patency capsule, a dissolvable capsule the same size as the PillCam SB capsule, with a radio frequency identification, or RFID, tag packed in a lactose and barium powder. The AGILE Patency capsule is ingested by the patient and allows physicians to confirm free passage of a PillCam capsule in a patients gastrointestinal tract. The reusable component of the AGILE Patency System is a hand-held Patency Scanner, which detects the signal from the RFID tag.
Data Recorder and Sensor Array
After ingestion by the patient, the PillCam capsule transmits information from the body to a proprietary wireless data recorder.
In 2009, the company launched the latest generation of its data recorder, DR3. This is its first data recorder that enables communication to the capsules in addition to receiving capsule images.
In 2009, the company launched SensorBelt, a new antenna in which the sensors are incorporated within a belt. This new antenna is used for capsule endoscopy of the small bowel with its PillCam SB capsule.
The companys proprietary RAPID software processes the capsule data stored in the data recorder using various proprietary algorithms relating to the visual presentation of this data. The RAPID software contains various proprietary algorithms the company developed designed to display relevant images.
Bravo pH Monitoring
The Bravo pH monitoring system consists of various primary components, including a small pH capsule about the size of a gel cap that is attached to the wall of the esophagus and transmits data to the receiver; a proprietary delivery system that is used to place the Bravo capsule in the esophagus; a pager-sized receiver worn by the patient that receives pH data from the Bravo capsule; and proprietary pH analysis software used to perform the diagnosis.
Marketing and Distribution
The company's sales and marketing operations are organized in three geographical regions, including Americas (the United States, Canada and Latin America); EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa); and the Asia-Pacific/Japan (Japan, Australia, New Zealand and the rest of Asia).
The company's competitors include GE Healthcare, Siemens Medical Solutions, Philips Medical Systems, Toshiba Corporation, Sierra Scientific, Sandhill, Medical Measurement Systems, Olympus, Hoya, and Fuji Film Corporation.
Given Imaging, Ltd. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GIVEN IMAGING LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GIVEN IMAGING LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GIVEN IMAGING LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GIVEN IMAGING LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GIVEN IMAGING LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Given Imaging Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Given Imaging Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Given Imaging Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Given Imaging Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Given Imaging Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. GIVEN IMAGING LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GIVEN IMAGING LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GIVEN IMAGING LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ISRAEL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GIVEN IMAGING LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GIVEN IMAGING LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GIVEN IMAGING LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Given Imaging Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Given Imaging Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Given Imaging Ltd. Major Shareholders
Given Imaging Ltd. History
Given Imaging Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Given Imaging Ltd. Offices and Representations
Given Imaging Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Given Imaging Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Given Imaging Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Given Imaging Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Given Imaging Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Given Imaging Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Given Imaging Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Given Imaging Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Given Imaging Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Given Imaging Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Given Imaging Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Given Imaging Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?