- The report contains detailed information about Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA business.
About Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA operates as a kidney dialysis company. The company operates in both the field of dialysis products and the field of dialysis services.
The companys dialysis business is vertically integrated, providing dialysis treatment at its own dialysis clinics and supplying these clinics with a range of products. In addition, the company sells dialysis products to other dialysis service providers.
As of December 31, 2009, the company provided dialysis treatment to 195,651 patients in 2,553 clinics worldwide located in approximately 35 countries. In the U.S. the company also performs clinical laboratory testing and provides inpatient dialysis services and other services under contract to hospitals. In 2009, the company provided approximately 29.4 million dialysis treatments.
The company also develops and manufactures a range of equipment, systems and disposable products, which the company sells to customers in approximately 115 countries.
The company provides dialysis treatment and related laboratory and diagnostic services through its network of 2,553 outpatient dialysis clinics, 1,784 of which are in North America (including Mexico), and 769 of which are in approximately 32 countries outside of North America. At its clinics, the company provides hemodialysis treatments at individual stations through the use of dialysis machines and disposable products. As part of the dialysis therapy, the company provides various services to ESRD patients at its dialysis clinics in the U.S. These services include administering EPO, a synthetic engineered hormone that stimulates the production of red blood cells. EPO is used to treat anemia, a medical complication that ESRD patients frequently experience, and the company administer EPO to most of its patients in the U.S.
The companys clinics also offer services for home dialysis patients, the majority of whom receive peritoneal dialysis treatment. For those patients, the company provides materials, training and patient support services, including clinical monitoring, follow-up assistance and arranging for delivery of the supplies to the patients residence. The company also makes dialysis services available to patients during vacations in resorts and on cruise ships.
The company also provides dialysis services under contract to hospitals in the U.S. on an as needed basis for hospitalized ESRD patients and for patients suffering from acute kidney failure. The company services these patients either at their bedside, using portable dialysis equipment, or at the hospitals dialysis site.
Fresenius UltraCare Program
The UltraCare program of its North America dialysis services group represents its commitment to deliver care to patients through various programs, technology, quality improvement, and a focus on patient service. The basis for this form of treatment is the Optiflux polysulfone single-use dialyzer. Optiflux single use dialyzers are combined with its 2008 Hemodialysis Delivery System series, which has advanced online patient monitoring and Ultra Pure Dialysate.
The company provides laboratory testing and marketing services in the U.S. through Spectra Laboratories (Spectra). Spectra provides blood, urine, and other bodily fluid testing services to determine the appropriate individual dialysis therapy for a patient and to assist physicians in determining whether a dialysis patients therapy regimen, diet, and medicines remain optimal. Spectra, the renal clinical laboratory provider in North America, provides testing for dialysis related treatments in its two operating laboratories located in New Jersey and northern California. As of December 31, 2009, Spectra performed approximately 57 million tests for approximately 158,000 dialysis patients in approximately 2,300 clinics across the U.S., including clinics that the company owns or operate.
The company offers a hemodialysis product line, including HD machines, modular components for dialysis machines, polysulfone dialyzers, bloodlines, HD solutions and concentrates, needles, connectors, machines for water tre
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG & CO. KGAA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG & CO. KGAA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG & CO. KGAA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG & CO. KGAA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG & CO. KGAA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Industry Position Analysis
6. FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG & CO. KGAA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG & CO. KGAA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG & CO. KGAA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG & CO. KGAA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG & CO. KGAA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG & CO. KGAA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Major Shareholders
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA History
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Offices and Representations
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Capital Market Snapshot
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA 1-year Stock Charts
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA 5-year Stock Charts
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?