- The report contains detailed information about Fonar Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fonar Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fonar Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fonar Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fonar Corp. business.
About Fonar Corp.
Fonar Corporation engages in the research, development, production, and marketing of medical scanning equipment, which uses principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) for the detection and diagnosis of human diseases.
The company conducts its business in two segments, medical equipment segment, and physician management and diagnostic services segment.
Medical Equipment Segment
The company engages in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners, which utilize MRI technology for the detection and diagnosis of human disease. Its target markets include scanning centers and hospitals.
The companys products include principal products are the Upright MRI and the Fonar 360.
The Upright MRI is a whole-body open MRI system that enables positional MRI (pMRI) applications, such as weight-bearing MRI studies. It permits MRI diagnosis to be made in the weight-bearing state, which allows patients to be scanned while standing, sitting, or reclining, either horizontally or at an angle. This means that an abnormality or injury, such as a slipped disk, would be able to be scanned under full weight-bearing conditions and in the position in which the patient experiences pain. An application of the Fonar Upright(R) technology is in the evaluation and diagnosis of patients with the Arnold-Chiari syndrome. The company has targeted orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons, particularly spine surgeons, as primary markets for the Upright(R) MRI.
The Fonar 360 includes the Open Sky MRI. It is an enlarged room sized magnet in which the floor, ceiling, and walls of the scan room are part of the magnet frame. It also functions as an MRI guided interventional scanner, for the purpose of performing intra-operative, interventional, and therapeutic procedures with MR compatible instrumentation.
Physician Management and Diagnostic Services Segment
The companys wholly owned subsidiary Health Management Corporation of America (HMCA) provides management services to medical providers. HMCA provides management services, administrative services, office space, equipment, repair, maintenance service, and clerical and other non-medical personnel to medical providers. The services the company provides include development, administration, leasing of office space, facilities and medical equipment, provision of supplies, staffing and supervision of non-medical personnel, legal services, accounting, billing and collection, and development and implementation of practice growth and marketing strategies. As of June 30, 2010, HMCA managed 10 MRI diagnostic imaging facilities located in the states of New York, Georgia, and Florida.
Physician and Diagnostic Management Services
HMCA's services to the facilities it manages encompass their business operations. Each facility is controlled by the physician owner and all medical services are performed by the physician owner and medical services are performed by the physicians and other medical personnel under the physician owner's supervision. HMCA is the management company and performs services of a non-professional nature.
Offices and Equipment: HMCA identifies, negotiates leases for, and provides office space and equipment to its clients. This includes medical equipment. HMCA also provides improvements to leaseholds, assistance in site selection and advice on improving, updating, expanding, and adapting to new technology.
Personnel: HMCA staffs the non-medical positions of its clients with its own employees, eliminating the client's need to interview, train, and manage non-medical employees. HMCA processes the necessary tax, insurance, and other documentation relating to employees.
Administrative: HMCA assists in the scheduling of patient appointments, purchasing of medical supplies, equipment, and handling of reporting, accounting, processing, and filing systems. It prepares and files the physician portions of forms to enable its clients to participate in managed care programs and to qualify for insurance reimbursement. The company assists the clients to implement programs and procedures for regulatory compliance and appropriate cost reimbursement under no-fault insurance and workers' compensation guidelines, as well as compliance with other applicable governmental requirements and regulations, including HIPAA and other privacy requirements.
Billing and Collections: HMCA is responsible for the billing and collection of revenues from third-party payors, including those governed by no-fault and workers' compensation statutes. HMCA is using a third party to perform its billing and collection services for clients.
Cost Saving Programs: Based on available volume discounts, HMCA seeks to obtain pricing for medical supplies, equipment, contrast agents, such as gadolinuim, and other inventory for its clients.
Diagnostic Imaging and Ancillary Services: HMCA could offer access to diagnostic imaging equipment through diagnostic imaging facilities it manages.
Marketing Strategies: HMCA is responsible for developing marketing plans for its clients.
Expansion Plans: HMCA assists the clients in developing expansion plans, including the opening of new or replacement facilities where appropriate.
HMCA advises clients on aspects of their businesses, including expansion where it is a reasonable objective, on a continuous basis. HMCA's objective is to free physicians from non-medical duties as is practicable. HMCA provides its services pursuant to negotiated contracts with its clients.
Diagnostic Imaging Facilities and Other Ancilliary Services
Diagnostic imaging facilities managed by HMCA provide diagnostic imaging services to patients referred by physicians who are either in private practice or affiliated with managed care providers, or other payor groups. Imaging services are performed in an outpatient setting by trained medical technologists under the direction of physicians. Following diagnostic procedures, the images are reviewed by the interpreting physicians who prepare a report of these tests and their findings. These reports are transcribed by HMCA personnel and then delivered to the referring physician.
Fonar Corporation was founded in 1978.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FONAR CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FONAR CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FONAR CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FONAR CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FONAR CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fonar Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fonar Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fonar Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fonar Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fonar Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. FONAR CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FONAR CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FONAR CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FONAR CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FONAR CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FONAR CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fonar Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fonar Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fonar Corp. Major Shareholders
Fonar Corp. History
Fonar Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fonar Corp. Offices and Representations
Fonar Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fonar Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fonar Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Fonar Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Fonar Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fonar Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fonar Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fonar Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Fonar Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Fonar Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fonar Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fonar Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?