- The report contains detailed information about Essilor International that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Essilor International. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Essilor International financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Essilor International competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Essilor International business.
About Essilor International
Essilor International engages in the design and manufacture of lenses for all types of visual disorders, including myopia, hypermetropia, presbyopia, and stigmatism. The company also engages in the manufacture and sale of optical instruments, which are mainly machines used to edge finished lenses and diagnose visual disorders.
The company supplies and markets finished and semi-finished lense products worldwide. Its finished lenses are both side single-vision lenses and are mass-produced in Essilor Group plants. Additional coatings are also applied in the plants that include scratch-proof coatings, anti-reflective coatings, anti-smudge coatings, and photochromic properties.
The company offers a range of lenses under the Varilux, Crizal, Essilor and Definity brands to correct myopia, hyperopia, presbyopia and astigmatism.
The Varilux Physio F-360°: The Varilux Physio (a lens designed using wavefront management technology and produced through digital surfacing) was significantly enhanced during the year 2007. The new addition to the lineup, the Varilux Physio f-360° is a dual-side progressive lens. The front side incorporates the degree of correction for presbyopia, while the back side integrates the required degree of correction for any visual defect (astigmatism, hyperopia or myopia) and takes five fitting parameters into account: the distance between the eyes, the fitting height at the pupil center, the lens-eye distance, the lens inclination, and the angle of curvature of the frame.
Varilux Sport: Following the specialized Varilux Computer and Varilux Road Pilot lenses, the company introduced Varilux Sport, a progressive lens purpose-designed for such sports as mountain biking, sailing, skiing and golf. Its design, which integrates digital surfacing technology, delivers vision and an enlarged visual field. Made of polycarbonate material for its resistance, lightness and UV protection, it is also available as a sun lens.
The company, in 2007, introduced two new corrective sun lens ranges: the first, Sports solutions, which are designed for users who practice outdoor sports that require specific solar filters, such as skiing, fishing, golf, mountain climbing and sailing. The second, Airwear Melanine, is tinted using melanin pigment to protect the eyes and skin from ultra-violet rays. It also filters blue light, thus improving contrast and visual acuity. These two products were introduced in Europe in 2007 and in North America, Australia and New Zealand in February 2008.
The company, in January 2007, introduced Crizal Sun in the United States and Canada. It is a coating created for sun lenses that combines anti-reflective protection on the back side of the lenses with Crizal Alizés scratch-resistance and cleaning properties on both sides.
Essilor International was founded in 1849.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ESSILOR INTERNATIONAL COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ESSILOR INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ESSILOR INTERNATIONAL SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ESSILOR INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ESSILOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Essilor International Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Essilor International and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Essilor International and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Essilor International Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Essilor International Industry Position Analysis
6. ESSILOR INTERNATIONAL NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ESSILOR INTERNATIONAL EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ESSILOR INTERNATIONAL ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ESSILOR INTERNATIONAL IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ESSILOR INTERNATIONAL PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ESSILOR INTERNATIONAL VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Essilor International Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Essilor International Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Essilor International Major Shareholders
Essilor International History
Essilor International Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Essilor International Offices and Representations
Essilor International SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Essilor International Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Essilor International Capital Market Snapshot
Essilor International Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Essilor International Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Essilor International Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Essilor International Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Essilor International 1-year Stock Charts
Essilor International 5-year Stock Charts
Essilor International vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Essilor International vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Essilor International Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?