- The report contains detailed information about Escalon Medical Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Escalon Medical Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Escalon Medical Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Escalon Medical Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Escalon Medical Corp. business.
About Escalon Medical Corp.
Escalon Medical Corp. engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, and distribution of medical devices and pharmaceuticals in the areas of ophthalmology, diabetes and hematology in the healthcare market.
Drew is a diagnostics company engaging in the design, manufacture, and distribution of instruments for blood cell counting and blood analysis. Drew is focused on providing instrumentation and consumables for the physician office and veterinary office laboratories. Drew also supplies the reagent and other consumable materials needed to operate the instruments. Drew owns JAS Diagnostics, Inc. (JAS), which manufactures a range of liquid stable and diagnostics chemistry reagents used in IVD tests.
Diabetes Testing: Drew sells two diabetic testing products: the DS5 and the Hb-Gold. The DS5 instrument, dispenser and associated reagent kit measure long-term glucose control in diabetic patients. The system is used for main laboratory, clinic or satellite laboratory settings. The Hb-Gold instrument and associated reagent kit provides for the in vitro measurement of certain genetic diseases of the blood. In the United States, this instrument is available for research only.
Hematology: Drew offers equipment for use in the field of human and veterinary hematology. Drews Excell product lines are for use in the field of human hematology, whereas the Hemavet product line is for use in the veterinary field. The acquisition of Biocode Hycel added proprietary hematology reagents to the Drew hematology reagent portfolio of products.
Sonomed develops, manufactures and markets ultrasound systems for diagnostic or biometric applications in ophthalmology. The systems are of four types, including A-Scans, B-Scans, High Frequency B-Scans (UBMs), and pachymeters.
A-Scans: The A-Scan provides information about the internal structure of the eye by sending a beam of ultrasound along a fixed axis through the eye and displaying the various echoes reflected from the surfaces intersected by the beam. The principal echoes occur at the cornea, both surfaces of the lens and the retina. The system displays the position and magnitudes of the echoes on an electronic display. The A-Scan also includes software for measuring distances within the eye. This information is primarily used to calculate lens power for implants.
B-Scans: The B-Scan is primarily a diagnostic tool that supplies information to physicians where the media within the eye are cloudy or opaque. Whereas physicians normally use light, which cannot pass through such media, the ultrasound beam is capable of passing through the opacity and displaying an image of the internal structures of the eye. Unlike the A-Scan, the B-Scan transducer is not in a fixed position, it swings through a 60 degree sector to provide a two-dimensional image of the eye.
UBM: The UBM is an ultrasound device, designed to provide information of the anterior segment of the eye. The UBM is used for glaucoma evaluation, tumor evaluation and differentiation, pre and post-intraocular lens implantation and corneal refractive surgery. The device allows the surgeons to do precise measurements within the anterior chamber of the eye.
Pachymeters: The pachymeter uses the same principles as the A-Scan, but the system is tailored to measure the thickness of the cornea.
EMI markets a CFA (Color/Fluorescein Angiography) digital imaging system, designed specifically for ophthalmology. This diagnostic tool, ideal for use in detecting retinal problems in diabetic and elderly patients, provides a high-resolution image.
Medical/Trek manufactures and distributes the following ophthalmic surgical products under the companys and/or Trek Medical Products names. Vitreoretinal ophthalmic surgeons primarily utilize these products.
Ispan Intraocular Gases
The company distributes two intraocular gas products C3F8 and SF6, which are used by vitreoretinal surgeons as a temporary tamponade in detached retina surgery. Under a distribution agreement with Scott Medical Products (Scott), the company distributes packages of Scott gases in canisters containing up to 25 grams of gas. Along with the intraocular gases, it manufactures and distributes a patented disposable universal gas kit, which delivers the gas from the canister to the patient.
Viscous Fluid Transfer System
The company markets viscous fluid transfer systems and related disposable syringe products, which aid surgeons in the process of injecting and extracting silicone oil. adjustable pressures and vacuums provided by the equipment allow surgeons to manipulate the flow of Silicone Oil during surgery.
Fiber Optic Light Sources
Light source and fiber optic products are used by vitreoretinal surgeons during surgery. The company offers surgeons a line of light sources along with various fiber optic probes and illuminated tissue manipulators.
In April 2010, the company sold its Vascular business.
The companys competitors for medical devices and ophthalmic pharmaceuticals include Bausch & Lomb, Inc., Alcon Laboratories, Inc., Paradigm Medical, Inc., Quantel, Inc. and Accutome, Inc. Sonomeds principal competitors are Alcon Laboratories, Inc, Quantel, Inc., and Accutome, Inc. Drews principal competition is Beckman Coulter and Bayer Diagnostics in the human market and IDDEX in the veterinary market.
Escalon Medical Corp. was founded in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ESCALON MEDICAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ESCALON MEDICAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ESCALON MEDICAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ESCALON MEDICAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ESCALON MEDICAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Escalon Medical Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Escalon Medical Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Escalon Medical Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Escalon Medical Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Escalon Medical Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. ESCALON MEDICAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ESCALON MEDICAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ESCALON MEDICAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ESCALON MEDICAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ESCALON MEDICAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ESCALON MEDICAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Escalon Medical Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Escalon Medical Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Escalon Medical Corp. Major Shareholders
Escalon Medical Corp. History
Escalon Medical Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Escalon Medical Corp. Offices and Representations
Escalon Medical Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Escalon Medical Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Escalon Medical Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Escalon Medical Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Escalon Medical Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Escalon Medical Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Escalon Medical Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Escalon Medical Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Escalon Medical Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Escalon Medical Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Escalon Medical Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Escalon Medical Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?