- The report contains detailed information about Elekta AB that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Elekta AB. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Elekta AB financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Elekta AB competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Elekta AB business.
About Elekta AB
Elekta AB serves as an international medical technology company. It engages in the development and marketing of treatment solutions and equipment for use within radiation oncology and neurosurgery. Elektas systems and solutions are used at approximately 2,000 hospitals around the world to treat cancer and to diagnose and treat brain disorders, including tumors, vascular malformations and functional disorders. The company offers different clinical solutions in Precision Radiation Therapy, Image Guided Radiation Therapy, Stereotactic Radiation Therapy, Gamma Knife surgery, Stereotactic Neurosurgery and Functional Mapping.
Elekta Synergy is a digital linear accelerator, equipped with an integrated solution for resolution, three dimensional images of the patients soft tissue taken in the treatment position at the time of treatment. The system can operate in PlanarView (2D images), MotionView (sequential images) and VolumeView (3D images). These images make it possible to see also soft tissue, such as tumors and sensitive organs.
Elekta Precise offers a system for radiation therapy, which has been specifically designed to be easily integrated with other systems. The system also supports radiation therapy techniques, such as intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT).
In addition to offering the linear accelerators Elekta Precise and Elekta Synergy, Elekta also supplies a range of accessory products for treatment and workflow.
The OmniWedge combines the use of a universal wedge, virtual wedge and open field to produce a wedged field in any orientation and allows the user to achieve a precise fit without wedge orientation becoming a limiting factor.
Elekta also offers iViewGT, a portal imaging system, which can register the patients position in relation to the radiation field during treatment.
PrecisePLAN is a solution for threedimensional and IMRT dose planning. This is one of a number of Elekta solutions that integrate and thereby increase efficiency in the planning of cancer treatment.
Desktop Pro is the integrated linear accelerator recording and verification control system, which simplifies the departments administration of patient, clinical and treatment data.
The network software solution, PreciseNET, integrates the entire workflow within the hospital from activities in the radiation therapy department to the hospitals information management and archiving tools.
The company offers Leksell Stereotactic System, a three-dimensional stereotactic localization system, which is attached to the patient's head; and is used to facilitate minimally invasive brain surgery. It offers the Precise Treatment System - with digital linear accelerator, patient table, and a registration system; Leksell Gamma Knife, a gentle form of treatment for the patient with out opening the skull; and intensity modulated radiotherapy. Leksell Gamma Knife is used for treatment of vascular malformations, benign tumors, metastases and other malignant tumors, as well as functional disorders.
The company also offers Precise Table, Stereotactic Body Frame, Active Breathing Coordinator, Desktop, PrecisePLAN, Leksell GammaPlan, Leksell SurgiPlan, Stereotactic Guide, Brain Atlas, and Neuromag Vectorview. It launched Elekta MicroDrive as an integrated part of Leksell Stereotactic System, designed to find the optimal electrode position for treatment of certain functional disorders. The development of Elekta Synergy S is a result of Elektas commitment to cross-fertilize the areas of radiation therapy and neurosurgery. The company has also developed components, such as disposable biopsy needles and fixation screws. Elekta Neuromag is a magnetoencephalograph, a diagnostic system, which registers nerve cell activity in the brain in real time.
Elekta also provides customer support services, such as training and finance. The company offers both traditional financing forms through, export credits or various leasing products and fee-for-use arrangements. Customer financing is arranged through banks, leasing companies and other external parties, such as development banks and international aid agencies.
The primary markets for Elektas products are Europe and North America, followed by Asia and Japan. It has subsidiaries in 16 countries.
The company has formed an investment company, Global Medical Investments with Swedfund International AB for financing and establishment of cancer care projects in developing countries. Global Medical Investments, GMI, would invest, develop and support the establishment of cancer management programs in developing countries across the world in cooperation with local healthcare providers and partners.
Elekta AB was founded in 1972 by the Lars Leksell.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ELEKTA AB COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ELEKTA AB BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ELEKTA AB SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ELEKTA AB FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ELEKTA AB COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Elekta AB Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Elekta AB and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Elekta AB and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Elekta AB Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Elekta AB Industry Position Analysis
6. ELEKTA AB NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ELEKTA AB EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ELEKTA AB ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWEDEN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ELEKTA AB IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ELEKTA AB PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ELEKTA AB VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Elekta AB Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Elekta AB Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Elekta AB Major Shareholders
Elekta AB History
Elekta AB Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Elekta AB Offices and Representations
Elekta AB SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Elekta AB Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Elekta AB Capital Market Snapshot
Elekta AB Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Elekta AB Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Elekta AB Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Elekta AB Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Elekta AB 1-year Stock Charts
Elekta AB 5-year Stock Charts
Elekta AB vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Elekta AB vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Elekta AB Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?