- The report contains detailed information about Edwards Lifesciences Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Edwards Lifesciences Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Edwards Lifesciences Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Edwards Lifesciences Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Edwards Lifesciences Corp. business.
About Edwards Lifesciences Corp.
Edwards Lifesciences Corporation offers products and technologies designed to treat advanced cardiovascular disease. The company is focused specifically on technologies that treat structural heart disease and critically ill patients.
Product and Technology Offerings
The company's products and technologies to treat advanced cardiovascular disease are categorized into four main areas: Heart Valve Therapy; Critical Care; Cardiac Surgery Systems; and Vascular.
Heart Valve Therapy
The company offers heart valve therapy. It manufactures tissue heart valves and repair products, which are used to replace or repair a patient's diseased or defective heart valve. The company produces pericardial and porcine valves from biologically inert animal tissue sewn onto proprietary wireform stents.
The core of Edwards Lifesciences' surgical tissue heart valve product line is the Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT pericardial valve, including the line of PERIMOUNT Magna valves, the newest generation pericardial valves for aortic and mitral replacement. The PERIMOUNT valve is prescribed tissue heart valve in the world due to its proven durability and performance. The company's additions to the PERIMOUNT product line include the Magna mitral valve and the PERIMOUNT Magna Ease aortic valve. The durability of Edwards Lifesciences' tissue valves is extended through the use of its proprietary ThermaFix and XenoLogiX tissue treatment processes. Edwards Lifesciences also sells porcine valves and stentless tissue valves. The company offers the next generation Carpentier-Edwards Physio II mitral valve repair ring.
For aortic valve replacement, the company has developed the Edwards SAPIEN transcatheter heart valve (THV), which is delivered using the RetroFlex 3 delivery system for transfemoral approaches, and the Ascendra delivery system for transapical approaches. Both are minimal access, beating heart procedures. In the area of transcatheter mitral valve repair, the company is developing the MONARC mitral repair system.
The company offers hemodynamic monitoring equipment that is used to measure a patient's heart function in surgical and intensive care settings. Hemodynamic monitoring enables a clinician to balance the oxygen supply and demand of a critically ill patient and plays an important role in assuring that the cardiovascular function of millions of patients who have pre-existing cardiovascular conditions or other critical illnesses is optimized before they undergo a surgical procedure.
The company's hemodynamic monitoring technologies are deployed before, during, and after open-heart, major vascular, major abdominal, neurological, and orthopedic surgical procedures. It manufactures and markets the Swan-Ganz line of hemodynamic monitoring products, and the PreSep venous oximetry catheter for measuring central venous oxygen saturation. Its hemodynamic monitoring product line includes the PediaSat oximetry catheter, the real-time, continuous venous oxygen saturation monitoring device designed specifically for children. The company also offers the FloTrac continuous cardiac output monitoring system, a cardiac monitoring technology.
The company also offers disposable pressure monitoring devices and has a line of products enabling closed-loop arterial blood sampling to protect both patients and clinicians from the risk of infection. Central venous catheters are the primary route for fluid and medication delivery to patients undergoing major surgical procedures and/or intensive care.
The company has a third-party partnership to jointly develop automated, real-time glucose monitoring technologies for intensive care hospital settings.
Cardiac Surgery Systems
The Cardiac Surgery Systems product line offers technologies that complement the company's Heart Valve Therapy product line, including products used in conducting cardiac surgery procedures. The company provides cannulae, which are used during cardiac surgery in venous drainage, aortic dispersion and cardioplegia delivery. The company's EMBOL-X intra-aortic filtration system is designed to capture emboli released at both application and release of the aortic cross clamp during on-pump cardiac surgery.
The company's minimally invasive surgery (MIS) product line includes the PORT-ACCESS products, such as the proprietary EndoCPB system for minimally invasive heart valve surgery, which comprises soft tissue retractors, venous and arterial cannulae, vent and coronary sinus catheters, and reusable instruments for performing port-access cardiac valve procedures.
The company manufactures and sells various products used to treat endolumenal occlusive disease, including balloon-tipped, catheter-based embolectomy products, surgical clips, and clamps. Its Fogarty line of embolectomy catheters remove blood clots from peripheral blood vessels.
Sales and Marketing
The United States: In the United States, the company sells its products through its direct sales force.
International: The company sells its products in approximately 100 countries, and its major international markets include Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Spain, and United Kingdom.
In Heart Valve Therapy, primary competitors include St. Jude Medical, Inc., Medtronic, Inc. and Sorin Group. In Critical Care, Edwards Lifesciences competes primarily with ICU Medical, Inc. and various other companies in specific product categories including PULSION Medical Systems AG, LiDCO Group PLC and Becton, Dickinson and Co. In Cardiac Surgery Systems, Edwards Lifesciences competes primarily with Medtronic, Inc.
Edwards Lifesciences Corporation was founded in 1999.
1. EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Edwards Lifesciences Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Edwards Lifesciences Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Major Shareholders
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. History
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Offices and Representations
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?