- The report contains detailed information about EDAP TMS SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EDAP TMS SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EDAP TMS SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EDAP TMS SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EDAP TMS SA business.
About EDAP TMS SA
EDAP TMS S.A. engages in the development, production, marketing, distribution, and maintenance of a portfolio of medical devices for the treatment of urological diseases. The company produces devices for treating stones of the urinary tract and localized prostate cancer. It has operations in Europe, the Americas, Asia, and the rest of the world.
The company operates in two divisions, High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) and Urology Devices and Services (UDS).
The HIFU division is engaged in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of medical devices based on HIFU technology for the treatment of urological and other clinical indications. HIFU technology uses a high-intensity convergent ultrasound beam generated by high power transducers to produce heat. HIFU technology is intended to allow the surgeon to destroy a defined area of diseased tissue without damaging surrounding tissue and organs. In addition to developing, manufacturing, and marketing HIFU devices, the HIFU division also leases equipment, as well as sells of disposables, spare parts, and maintenance services. The companys HIFU mobile treatment option provides access to the HIFU devices without requiring hospitals and clinics to make an up-front investment in the equipment.
The company's commercial product utilizing HIFU technology is the Ablatherm, an ultrasound guided HIFU device for the treatment of organ-confined prostate cancer, referred to as T1-T2 stage. Ablatherm can be used for patients who are not candidates for surgery or who have failed a radiotherapy treatment. Ablatherm is approved for commercial distribution in the European Union, South Korea, Canada, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, the Philippines, Mexico, Brazil, and Russia. Clinical trials in the United States are underway. The HIFU division had an installed base of 83 Ablatherm machines worldwide (with an additional 8 used for clinical studies and other research and training purposes) and 244 trained clinical sites were using this technology as of December 31, 2009. The Ablatherm consists of a treatment module, a control table with a computer and a computer screen, and a diagnostic ultrasound device connected to the treatment module.
HIFU Division Sales and Distribution of Products
The HIFU division maintains direct marketing and sales forces in France, Germany, Russia, and Italy. Additionally, the HIFU division markets and sells its products through its distribution platform in South Korea and southeast Asia. The HIFU divisions customers are located worldwide and include public and private hospitals and urology clinics.
The UDS division is engaged in the development, marketing, manufacturing, and servicing of medical devices for the diagnosis or treatment of urological disorders, mainly urinary stones, and other clinical indications.
The UDS divisions primary business is producing and marketing devices, known as lithotripters, for the treatment of urinary tract stones by means of extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy (ESWL) technology. ESWL uses extracorporeal shockwaves, which can be focused at urinary stones within the human body to fragment the stones, thereby permitting their natural elimination and preventing the need for incisions, transfusions, general anaesthesia, and the resulting complications.
In addition to its manufacturing and selling of lithotripters, the UDS division also leases lithotripters, as well as sells of disposables, spare parts and maintenance services. The UDS division through its Japanese and Italian subsidiaries also distributes Prostatron parts and related services under the distribution agreement entered into with Urologix Inc.
UDS Division Products
The UDS division manufactures three models of lithotripters: the Sonolith Praktis, which is available for commercial distribution in the European Union, Japan, Canada and the United States; the Sonolith Vision, which is available for commercial distribution in the European Union, Japan, and Canada; and the Sonolith I-Sys, which is available in the European Union, Korea, Canada, the United States, Japan, and Australia.
The UDS division offers the Sonolith Praktis to small and mid-size hospitals, while the Sonolith I-Sys and the Sonolith Vision are offered to large hospitals. The UDS division also sells disposable parts for lithotripters, including the piezo-electric elements of the LT02 and the electrodes of the Sonolith line, which need to be replaced approximately every year and approximately every 10 treatments, respectively. The Sonolith Praktis, the Sonolith Vision and the Sonolith I-Sys rely on an electroconductive technology for shockwave generation.
UDS Division Sales and Distribution of Products
The UDS division markets, sells and services its products through its direct sales and service platform in France, Italy, Germany, the United States, Japan, South Korea, and Malaysia and markets its products through agents and third-party distributors in various other countries. The UDS divisions ESWL customers are located worldwide and include public and private hospitals, urology clinics, and research institutions.
The UDS divisions major competitors in developed countries are Siemens, Storz, and Dornier.
EDAP TMS S.A. was founded in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EDAP TMS SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EDAP TMS SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EDAP TMS SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EDAP TMS SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EDAP TMS SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EDAP TMS SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EDAP TMS SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EDAP TMS SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EDAP TMS SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EDAP TMS SA Industry Position Analysis
6. EDAP TMS SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EDAP TMS SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EDAP TMS SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EDAP TMS SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EDAP TMS SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EDAP TMS SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EDAP TMS SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EDAP TMS SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EDAP TMS SA Major Shareholders
EDAP TMS SA History
EDAP TMS SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EDAP TMS SA Offices and Representations
EDAP TMS SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EDAP TMS SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EDAP TMS SA Capital Market Snapshot
EDAP TMS SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
EDAP TMS SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EDAP TMS SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EDAP TMS SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EDAP TMS SA 1-year Stock Charts
EDAP TMS SA 5-year Stock Charts
EDAP TMS SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EDAP TMS SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EDAP TMS SA Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?