- The report contains detailed information about Diomed Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Diomed Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Diomed Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Diomed Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Diomed Holdings Inc. business.
About Diomed Holdings Inc.
Diomed Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the development and commercialization of medical procedures that employ its laser technologies and associated disposable products. The company also develops and markets lasers and disposable products for photodynamic therapy (PDT) cancer procedures and products for other clinical applications, including dental and general surgical procedures.
The company focuses on the development and growth of EVLT sales both domestically and internationally. The company also expanded its product offerings to include VeinViewer to physicians performing sclerotherapy, phlebectomies or varicose vein treatments, in North American and the United Kingdom.
Endovenous Laser Treatment
The company commercialized EVLT as a laser procedure for the treatment of varicose veins resulting from reflux of the greater saphenous vein. The causes of varicose veins are commonly genetic. The company developed the EVLT product line as a complete clinical solution and marketing model, including a laser, disposable kit and a training and marketing plan to assist physicians, clinics and hospitals in responding to the demand for treatment of varicose veins.
Cancer Treatments Utilizing Photodynamic Therapy
Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is an effective palliative treatment for late-stage lung and esophageal cancers and is under study for treatment of various other cancers throughout the body. Photodynamic therapy is based on the discovery that certain chemicals can kill one-celled organisms in the presence of light. The company's photodynamic therapy product line of photodynamic therapy solutions uses its own proprietary laser technology. When used in combination with a photosensitizing drug, photodynamic therapy provides the cancer therapy.
Fibers and Disposable Items
The company offers physicians an integrated clinical solution, including a laser and disposable procedure kits or individual fibers. Optical fiber is the necessary system that delivers the laser light during surgical, endovenous laser treatment and photodynamic therapy procedures. These sterile fibers generally used only once to ensure sterility. The company sells self-contained EVLT kits of disposable items, which include an optical fiber, a sheath that acts as an introducer for the fiber, a needle, a guidewire, a tray cloth and protective packaging.
Other Clinical Applications
The company's technologies are also used in general surgical applications as well as in dental applications. The company's focuses on the development of specific clinical applications, such as varicose vein treatment with EVLT, other medical applications can be, and are being, performed with its lasers.
The company's clinical applications include: Nasal Polypectomy, Turbinate Reduction, Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR), Ontological Surgery, Uvulopalatoplasty (LAUP), Vaporization of Tumors, Gastro-Intestinal Cancer, Lung Tumors, Vascular Lesions, Neurosurgery, Urology, and Interstitial Therapy.
The company's wholly-owned subsidiaries include Diomed, Inc. and Diomed, Ltd.
Sales and Marketing
In the United States, the companys sales focus is the commercialization of EVLT. Internationally, the company sells, markets, and distributes its products and services through a combination of direct sales representatives and a global network of distributors. The company also develops and maintains strategic marketing alliances for international sales and marketing. These alliances exist under agreements with companies, such as Olympus Medical Systems Corporation.
The company has strategic alliances with photodynamic therapy drug companies to bring new treatments to market. In addition, the Company maintains original equipment manufacture (OEM) relationships with companies such as Olympus in Japan, which uses its technology for surgical applications, and with Dentek Medical Systems GmbH, which uses its laser module for dental applications.
In the vein treatment market, the company's competitors include manufacturers and marketers of surgical and radiofrequency devices, and pharmaceutical companies that provide drugs used in sclerotherapy and other vascular diseases. Within the specific endovenous laser treatment market that the company's EVLT products serve, Biolitec A.G., AngioDynamics, Inc., Vascular Solutions, Inc., New Star Lasers, Inc., d/b/a CoolTouch, Inc. and Dornier MedTech GmbH are its competitors for surgical diode lasers.
The company's competitor in VNUS Technologies, Inc., Diomeds EVLT treatment is a faster procedure. Within the specific photodynamic therapy market, Lumenis, Laserscope and Biolitec are the company's main competitors.
Diomed Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DIOMED HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DIOMED HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DIOMED HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DIOMED HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DIOMED HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Diomed Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Diomed Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Diomed Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Diomed Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Diomed Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DIOMED HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DIOMED HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DIOMED HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DIOMED HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DIOMED HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DIOMED HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Diomed Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Diomed Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Diomed Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
Diomed Holdings Inc. History
Diomed Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Diomed Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
Diomed Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Diomed Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Diomed Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Diomed Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Diomed Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Diomed Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Diomed Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Diomed Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Diomed Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Diomed Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Diomed Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Diomed Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?