- The report contains detailed information about Derma Sciences Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Derma Sciences Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Derma Sciences Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Derma Sciences Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Derma Sciences Inc. business.
About Derma Sciences Inc.
Derma Sciences, Inc. engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of dermatological related product lines. The companys product lines include wound care, wound closure and specialty securement devices, and skin care.
Advanced/Active Wound Care
Medihoney is a line of patented dressings, consisting of an Active Leptospermum Honey. Medihoney dressings are suitable for the management of non-chronic and hard-to-heal wounds, including chronic ulcers, burns, and post-operative wounds. The dressings are non-toxic and have been shown in a randomized controlled study to promote healing.
Bioguard is a line of patented barrier dressings that contain an active antimicrobial compound. This compound, a cationic biocide, is intrinsically bound to the dressing through a proprietary process resulting in the inability for the compound to separate from the dressing. These dressings are suitable for prophylactic use in the prevention of hospital or community acquired infections through wound sites.
Algicell Ag is a proprietary antimicrobial dressing utilizing ionic silver as its active ingredient. The dressing can absorb approximately 20 times its weight in wound fluid. Xtrasorb is a proprietary dressing that utilizes a super absorbent polymer.
TCC-EZ is a patented dressing system for the management of diabetic foot ulcers. It is considered a total contact casting (TCC) system. Other advanced wound care products include a range of moist, occlusive dressings such as hydrocolloids, foams, hydrogels, alginates, additional silver antimicrobial dressings, cleansers and its proprietary Dermagran products.
Traditional Wound Care
The companys traditional wound care line consists of gauze sponges and bandages, non-adherent impregnated dressings, retention devices, paste bandages and other compression devices. It also manufactures and markets a line of adhesive bandages and related first aid products for the medical, industrial, privae label and retail markets.
The company manufactures private label wound care and adhesive bandages for a number of United States and international customers.
Wound Closure and Specialty Securement Devices
The company markets a line of wound closure strips, nasal tube fasteners and various catheter fasteners to doctors, clinics, nursing homes, hospitals and other institutions. Its specialty securement and closure device products incorporate its proprietary polyamide fabrics in combination with a pressure sensitive skin-friendly adhesive. The company also markets a line of traditional rigid wound closure strips.
The company markets general purpose and specialized skin care products to nursing homes, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and other institutions. These products include barrier creams and ointments, antibacterial cleansing foams and sprays, shampoos and body washes, hand sanitizers, bath additives, body oils, and moisturizers
The company develops DSC127, an angiotensin analog licensed from the University of Southern California for use in wound healing and scar reduction. The compound has shown activity in these areas in pre-clinical animal model testing. The compound completed a phase I human trial and is undergoing phase II human trials. It has various ongoing product development programs involving line-extensions of is key brands, including Medihoney, Bioguard, and Xtrasorb.
The companys customers consist of various health care agencies and institutions, such as wound care centers, long-term care facilities, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, physicians offices, and closed door pharmacies. It also sells its products through retail channels, such as retail pharmacies, other retail outlets, and first-aid kit manufacturers.
In May 2010, Derma Sciences Inc. has established an international subsidiary, Derma Sciences Europe.
In the United States, the companys basic wound care products compete in a commodity oriented marketplace with Covidien and Medical Action. In the advanced wound care products marketplace, it competes principally with Convatec, Smith & Nephew, MoInlycke, Systagenix, and Johnson & Johnson.
The companys adhesive bandage and related first aid products competes with Medline, ASO, and Dynerex in the medical market, Medline and ASO in the industrial market, ASO, Medline and Liberty in the private label market and Johnson & Johnson, 3M, and Medline in the retail market. The most dominant competitor in the suture strip market is 3M. Its skin care products compete in a commodity oriented marketplace with Medline and Provon. In Canada, the companys basic wound care products compete in a commodity-oriented marketplace with Covidien, Medicom, and Medical Mart.
Derma Sciences, Inc. was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DERMA SCIENCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DERMA SCIENCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DERMA SCIENCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DERMA SCIENCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DERMA SCIENCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Derma Sciences Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Derma Sciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Derma Sciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Derma Sciences Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Derma Sciences Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DERMA SCIENCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DERMA SCIENCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DERMA SCIENCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DERMA SCIENCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DERMA SCIENCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DERMA SCIENCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Derma Sciences Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Derma Sciences Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Derma Sciences Inc. Major Shareholders
Derma Sciences Inc. History
Derma Sciences Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Derma Sciences Inc. Offices and Representations
Derma Sciences Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Derma Sciences Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Derma Sciences Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Derma Sciences Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Derma Sciences Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Derma Sciences Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Derma Sciences Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Derma Sciences Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Derma Sciences Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Derma Sciences Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Derma Sciences Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Derma Sciences Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?