Del Global Technologies Corp. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Del Global Technologies Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Del Global Technologies Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Del Global Technologies Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Del Global Technologies Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Del Global Technologies Corp. business.
About Del Global Technologies Corp.
Del Global Technologies Corp. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of medical and dental imaging systems, and power conversion subsystems and components.
The companys products include stationary and portable medical and dental diagnostic imaging systems and electronic systems and components, such as electronic filters, transformers and capacitors.
The company operates in two segments, Medical Systems Group and Power Conversion Group.
MEDICAL SYSTEMS GROUP
This segment engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and sale of medical and dental diagnostic imaging systems, including stationary and portable imaging systems, radiographic/fluoroscopic systems, dental imaging systems, and digital radiography systems.
In November 2009, the company sold its DynaRad product line and the remainder of its Del Medical U.S. business unit, including its Del Medical and UNIVERSAL product lines.
This segment designs, manufactures, markets and sells medical and dental diagnostic imaging systems worldwide in various markets, including hospitals, teaching institutions, medical clinics, private practitioners, dental offices, government, orthopedic facilities, and imaging centers. The companys medical imaging systems are sold under the Villa brand name.
General Radiographic Systems: The company produces various conventional radiographic products used in outpatient facilities, as well as x-ray systems used in hospitals and clinics.
The Moviplan product line manufactured under the Villa brand includes various configurations that fit a range of markets, spanning from small private practices to hospitals, with a specific accent on emerging countries.
Radiographic/Fluoroscopic Systems: The company produces various radiographic/fluoroscopic or R/F systems for x-ray examinations. Remote controlled systems like the Apollo R/F system are also used in connection with its digital acquisition system, DIVA, to perform digital image acquisition and real time angiographic examinations with a choice of image acquisition and post-processing tools. The DIVA system can also be equipped with DICOM functionalities that enable images to be sent to centralized archival units, image reviewing workstations, laser imagers, and in general allow the system to be fully integrated into PACS (Picture Archival and Communication Systems) networks within a hospital.
Portable and Mobile Medical X-Ray Systems Mobile units are manufactured and distributed under the Villa brand and include the Visitor product line with generators up to 30 kilowatts that are typically used in hospitals to take radiographic images directly at the patients bed.
Dental Systems: The company produces a range of DC and AC powered intra-oral (commonly known as bite wing) x-ray systems at its Villa facility. In addition, its Rotograph Plus and Strato-2000 systems are utilized to perform panoramic images for dental applications using both analog and digital image capture technology. It also offers Rotograph Evo panoramic, which inherits the Rotograph name.
Mammography Systems: The company resells the Melody II system outside of the U.S. The Melody II unit is manufactured by a European-based manufacturer and sold under the Villa brand.
Surgical C-Arms: The company sells a mobile C-arm unit called Arcovis 3000 under the Villa brand. The product is manufactured by a European company that also sells similar products to other customers.
Marketing and Distribution
The companys medical imaging systems are sold in the U.S. and internationally, principally by a network of worldwide distributors.
The companys competitors include GE Healthcare Systems, a division of General Electric Company; Siemens Medical Solutions, a division of Siemens AG; and Philips Medical Systems, a division of Philips Electronics N.V.
POWER CONVERSION GROUP
This segment designs, manufactures, markets, and sells high voltage precision components and sub-assemblies and electronic noise suppression components for various applications. These products are utilized by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) who build systems that are used in a range of markets. Its products are sold under various industry brands, such as RFI, Filtron, Sprague, and Stanley. This segment consists of electronic systems and components.
This segment designs and manufactures key electronic components, such as transformers, magnetics, noise suppression filters and high voltage capacitors for use in precision regulated high voltage applications. Noise suppression filters and components are used to help isolate and reduce the electromagnetic interference (referred to as noise) among the different components in a system sharing the same power source. Systems that use the companys noise suppression products include aviation electronics, mobile and land-based telecommunication systems and missile guidance systems.
The Power Conversion Group provides subsystems and components which are used in the manufacture of medical electronics, military and industrial applications as follows:
Military Applications Through its relationships with the federal governments defense suppliers, such as Raytheon, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and Northrop Grumman, the company supplies electronic components for classified and unclassified programs, including radar systems, guidance systems, weapons systems, and communication electronics.
Industrial Applications: The companys high voltage power components and EMI filters are used in various high technology scientific and industrial applications by OEMs, universities and private research laboratories. Some industrial applications using high voltage subsystems include DNA sequencing, molecular analysis, printed circuit board inspection, structural inspection, food and mail sterilization, and semiconductor capital equipment.
The company markets its Power Conversion Group products through in-house sales personnel, independent sales representatives in the U.S., and international agents in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Canada, and Australia.
Del Global Technologies Corp. was founded in 1954.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DEL GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DEL GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DEL GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DEL GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DEL GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Del Global Technologies Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Del Global Technologies Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Del Global Technologies Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Del Global Technologies Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Del Global Technologies Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. DEL GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DEL GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DEL GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DEL GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DEL GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DEL GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Del Global Technologies Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Del Global Technologies Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Del Global Technologies Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Del Global Technologies Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Del Global Technologies Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Del Global Technologies Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Del Global Technologies Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Del Global Technologies Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Del Global Technologies Corp. Major Shareholders
Del Global Technologies Corp. History
Del Global Technologies Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Del Global Technologies Corp. Offices and Representations
Del Global Technologies Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Del Global Technologies Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Del Global Technologies Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Del Global Technologies Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment and Supplies Industry Statistics
Del Global Technologies Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Del Global Technologies Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?