- The report contains detailed information about Curon Medical Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Curon Medical Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Curon Medical Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Curon Medical Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Curon Medical Inc. business.
About Curon Medical Inc.
Curon Medical, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of proprietary products for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders. The companys products consist of radiofrequency generators and single-use disposable devices.
The Stretta System: Treatment of GERD
The companys proprietary Stretta System provides physicians with the tools to perform a minimally invasive and outpatient procedure for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD. The companys medication, the Stretta procedure treats GERD, rather than managing the symptoms by neutralizing or inhibiting acid secretion in the stomach. The Stretta procedure is commonly an outpatient procedure with minimal side effects. The companys Stretta System consists of the Stretta Catheter, which is a disposable flexible catheter with needle electrodes, and the Curon Control Module, which is a radiofrequency energy generator.
The Secca System: Treatment of Bowel Incontinence
The Secca System provides a minimally invasive, and outpatient procedure for the treatment of bowel incontinence. The Secca procedure utilizes the same radiofrequency technology and treatment concepts as the Stretta System. Using the companys Curon Control Module and handheld disposable device called the Secca Handpiece, physicians deliver radiofrequency energy into the muscle of the anal sphincter to improve its barrier function.
The company has developed a suite of products incorporating proprietary design features for use in the Stretta and Secca procedures. These products consist of a disposable catheter and a disposable handpiece for delivery of controlled radiofrequency energy to tissue, and a radiofrequency generator, known as the Curon Control Module. Both products and products under development utilize proprietary software to interface with the companys Curon Control Module.
Single-use disposable devices: Both the Stretta Catheter and the Secca Handpiece are disposable products incorporating designs that enable a physician to access the treatment site and deliver radiofrequency energy into the tissue. Features include: a balloon in the Stretta Catheter, which is inflated once the Stretta Catheter reaches the lower esophageal sphincter to maintain catheter positioning; four electrode needles, which are deployed into the tissue at the treatment site for delivery of radiofrequency energy; thermocouples located at each needle tip and base, which provide continuous temperature readings to the Curon Control Module, enabling precise temperature control; irrigation ports located at the base of each electrode, which deliver water to the surface tissue during treatment; and an illuminated clear window in the Secca Handpiece that enables the physician to view the treatment area.
Curon Control Module: The Stretta System and the Secca System both incorporate the companys radiofrequency energy generator, the Curon Control Module. The Curon Control Module has four channels, each of which independently control the four needle electrodes on the Stretta Catheter and Secca Handpiece. An integrated pump delivers water to surface tissue during the procedure. The Stretta System and the Secca System each utilize proprietary software installed onto the Curon Control Module. The software provides a distinct graphical user interface and the functions and parameters that are required for the particular procedure.
Radiofrequency energy: The companys products are based on radiofrequency energy delivery. Radiofrequency energy has been cleared by the FDA for many therapies involving tissue heating, tissue remodeling and nerve pathway interruption, including: shrinking prostatic tissue to treat enlarged prostates; interrupting nerve pathways in the heart to treat irregular heartbeats; shrinking tissue in the shoulder joint to prevent repeated shoulder dislocation; and shrinking tissue in the base of the tongue to alleviate obstructive sleep apnea.
The companys primary competitors are large medical device manufacturers such as Ethicon Endo Surgery and United States Surgical, manufacturers of instrumentation for anti-reflux surgery and NDO Surgical, which manufactures an endoscopic sewing device for treating GERD. It also competes with AstraZeneca, Takeda Abbott Pharmaceutical, Wyeth Laboratories, and Eisai. The company, in the bowel incontinence market, competes with American Medical Systems and Medtronic.
Curon Medical, Inc. was incorporated in 1997.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CURON MEDICAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CURON MEDICAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CURON MEDICAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CURON MEDICAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CURON MEDICAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Curon Medical Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Curon Medical Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Curon Medical Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Curon Medical Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Curon Medical Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CURON MEDICAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CURON MEDICAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CURON MEDICAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CURON MEDICAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CURON MEDICAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CURON MEDICAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Curon Medical Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Curon Medical Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Curon Medical Inc. Major Shareholders
Curon Medical Inc. History
Curon Medical Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Curon Medical Inc. Offices and Representations
Curon Medical Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Curon Medical Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Curon Medical Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Curon Medical Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Curon Medical Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Curon Medical Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Curon Medical Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Curon Medical Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Curon Medical Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Curon Medical Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Curon Medical Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Curon Medical Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?