- The report contains detailed information about CR Bard Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CR Bard Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CR Bard Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CR Bard Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CR Bard Inc. business.
About CR Bard Inc.
C. R. Bard, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, packaging, distribution and sale of medical, surgical, diagnostic, and patient care devices. The company sells a range of products worldwide to hospitals, individual healthcare professionals, extended care facilities, and alternate site facilities. Its products are intended to be used once and then discarded or implanted either temporarily or permanently. The company operates in various markets, including vascular, urology, oncology, and surgical specialty products.
The company's vascular products cover a range of devices for the treatment of peripheral vascular disease and heart arrhythmias. These products include percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) catheters, guidewires, introducers and accessories; peripheral vascular stents and stent grafts, vena cava filters, and biopsy devices; electrophysiology products, including electrophysiology laboratory systems and diagnostic, therapeutic, and temporary pacing electrode catheters; and fabrics, meshes, and implantable vascular grafts.
The company's low-profile catheter and high-pressure balloon technology have made Conquest Atlas and Dorado PTA catheters choices of clinicians for the treatment of arterial venous access stenosis and peripheral artery disease. Its line of stent and stent-graft devices includes the Flair AV (arterial venous) Access Stent Graft, ELuminexx Iliac Stent, and the LifeStent family of stents. In February 2009, the company received Pre-Market Approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration for superficial femoral artery and proximal popliteal artery indications for the LifeStent product. The company's vena cava filters product line includes devices for permanent implant or removal after the threat of blood clots traveling from the lower extremities to a patients lungs has passed.
In December 2009, the company launched a vacuum-assisted biopsy device called Finesse which takes multiple samples with a single insertion of the biopsy needle. In Europe, the company sells its HD (high-density) Mesh Ablation Catheter for the diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, the most commonly diagnosed sustained cardiac arrhythmia.
The company's urology products include basic drainage products, continence products, and urological specialty products. The company offers Foley catheters, a urology product, which includes the infection control Foley catheter (Bardex I.C. Foley catheter). Other urology products include surgical slings used to treat stress urinary incontinence; natural and synthetic devices for the treatment of pelvic floor and vaginal prolapse; brachytherapy services, devices, and radioactive seeds used to treat prostate cancer; intermittent urinary drainage catheters, urine monitoring and collection systems; ureteral stents; and specialty devices for ureteroscopic procedures and stone removal.
In 2008, the company launched its Dignicare line of fecal incontinence products. The company also markets the proprietary line of StatLock catheter stabilization devices.
The company's oncology products cover a range of devices used in the treatment and management of various cancers and other diseases and disorders. These include specialty access catheters, ports, vascular access ultrasound devices and enteral feeding devices. The companys specialty vascular access products are used primarily for chemotherapy. The companys PowerPICC catheters and PowerPort devices can also be used to inject contrast media at high flow rates. The company's Site-Rite vascular access ultrasound device and Sherlock tip locator system help nurses place a PICC catheter at a patients bedside.
Surgical Specialty Products
The company's surgical specialty products include implanted patches and fixation systems for hernia and other soft tissue repairs, irrigation devices for orthopedic, laparoscopic, and gynecological procedures and products for topical hemostasis. Soft tissue repair products consist primarily of hernia repair implants, including both synthetic and natural-tissue configurations, and hernia implant fixation devices. Within the hernia implants line, products, such as the company's PerFix plug and 3D Max are used for inguinal or groin hernia repair procedures. The company also markets products for the repair of ventral or abdominal hernias, including the Ventralex, Composix LP, and Allomax hernia patches.
In 2008, the company launched the Ventrio line of ventral hernia repair patches, which includes a resorbable self-deployment ring. The company's line of natural-tissue hernia products, including the Collamend FM and Allomax patches, are used to repair complex ventral hernias. In 2009, the company acquired the rights to the XenMatrix product, a non-cross linked xenograft patch for complex hernia repair. The company also acquired the rights to sell the Allomax patch for breast reconstruction following mastectomy procedures. The company launched its new SorbaFix device, a bioresorbable-tack fixation device for use in laparoscopic and open surgical procedures.
The company markets its products through subsidiaries and joint ventures in approximately 100 countries outside the United States. The companys principal international markets are in Europe and Japan.
Sales and Marketing
The companys products are distributed domestically directly to hospitals and other healthcare institutions, as well as through various hospital/surgical supply and other medical specialty distributors with whom the company has distribution agreements. In international markets, products are distributed either directly or through distributors with the practice varying by country.
C. R. Bard, Inc. was founded in 1907.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CR BARD INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CR BARD INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CR BARD INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CR BARD INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CR BARD INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CR Bard Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CR Bard Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CR Bard Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CR Bard Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CR Bard Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CR BARD INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CR BARD INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CR BARD INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CR BARD INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CR BARD INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CR BARD INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CR Bard Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CR Bard Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CR Bard Inc. Major Shareholders
CR Bard Inc. History
CR Bard Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CR Bard Inc. Offices and Representations
CR Bard Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CR Bard Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CR Bard Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CR Bard Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
CR Bard Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CR Bard Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CR Bard Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CR Bard Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CR Bard Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CR Bard Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CR Bard Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CR Bard Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?