- The report contains detailed information about Coventry Health Care Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Coventry Health Care Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Coventry Health Care Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Coventry Health Care Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Coventry Health Care Inc. business.
About Coventry Health Care Inc.
Coventry Health Care, Inc. operates as a diversified national managed healthcare company. The company operates health plans, insurance companies, network rental and workers compensation services companies.
The company provides a range of risk and fee-based managed care products and services to individuals, employer and government-funded groups, government agencies, and other insurance carriers and administrators. It operates local health plans that serve 23 markets, primarily in the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest and Southeast United States. Its health plans are operated under the names Altius Health Plans, Carelink Health Plans, Coventry Health Care, Coventry Health and Life, Group Health Plan, HealthAmerica, HealthAssurance, HealthCare USA, OmniCare, PersonalCare, Southern Health, Vista and WellPath. The companys health plans generally are located in small to mid-sized metropolitan areas.
The companys divisions include Health Plan and Medical Services Business, Specialized Managed Care Business, and Workers Compensation Business divisions.
HEALTH PLAN AND MEDICAL SERVICES DIVISION
Health Plan Commercial Risk Products: The companys health plans offer employer groups a range of commercial risk products. Its health plans also offer major medical and high-deductible products to individual consumers.
Health Maintenance Organizations: The companys health plan HMO products provide health care benefits, including ambulatory and inpatient physician services, hospitalization, pharmacy, mental health, ancillary diagnostic and therapeutic services.
Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) and Point of Service (POS): The companys health plan risk-based PPO and POS products also provide managed health care benefits and allowing members to choose their health care providers at the time medical services are required. Its health plans also offer high deductible products in conjunction with its consumer directed products.
Stop-Loss Insurance: The company offers stop-loss insurance to enable it to serve as an integrated, single source for the managed care needs of its self-insured clients. Stop-loss policies help curtail the risk assumed by its self insured clients by covering, such clients expenses after they have paid out a predetermined amount. Stop-loss policies are written through its wholly-owned insurance subsidiaries and can be written for specific and/or aggregate stop-loss insurance.
Commercial Management Services Products
The companys health plans offer management services and access to their provider networks to employers that self-insure their employee health benefits. The management services provided under these administrative services only (ASO) arrangements typically includes medical claims administration, pharmacy benefits management, utilization management and quality assurance. Other features commonly provided to fully insured customers (such as value-added wellness benefits) are generally also available to ASO customers. These ASO arrangements, through which its health plans typically do not assume underwriting risk, include a fixed fee for these management services and access to its provider networks. As of December 31, 2009, its health plans had approximately 685,000 non-risk health plan members.
In addition, the company provides management services to plans in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP), an employer-sponsored group health program in the United States. The company provides management services and/or serves as the plan administrator to multiple FEHBP plan sponsors, including the Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP), its major client. The MHBP offers health care benefits under the FEHBP to federal employees and annuitants nationwide.
Medicare Advantage: As of December 31, 2009, the companys health plans operated 13 Medicare Advantage coordinated care plans in 16 states. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) pays a county-specific fixed premium per member per month (PMPM) under its health plan Medicare contracts. The companys health plans may also receive a monthly premium from their Medicare members and/or their employer.
As of Decembe
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COVENTRY HEALTH CARE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COVENTRY HEALTH CARE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COVENTRY HEALTH CARE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COVENTRY HEALTH CARE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COVENTRY HEALTH CARE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Coventry Health Care Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Coventry Health Care Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Coventry Health Care Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Coventry Health Care Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Coventry Health Care Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COVENTRY HEALTH CARE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COVENTRY HEALTH CARE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COVENTRY HEALTH CARE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COVENTRY HEALTH CARE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COVENTRY HEALTH CARE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COVENTRY HEALTH CARE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Coventry Health Care Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Coventry Health Care Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Coventry Health Care Inc. Major Shareholders
Coventry Health Care Inc. History
Coventry Health Care Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Coventry Health Care Inc. Offices and Representations
Coventry Health Care Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Coventry Health Care Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Coventry Health Care Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Coventry Health Care Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Coventry Health Care Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Coventry Health Care Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Coventry Health Care Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Coventry Health Care Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Coventry Health Care Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Coventry Health Care Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Coventry Health Care Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Coventry Health Care Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?