- The report contains detailed information about Continucare Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Continucare Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Continucare Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Continucare Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Continucare Corp. business.
About Continucare Corp.
Continucare Corporation provides primary care physician services. The company, through its network of 18 medical centers, provides primary care medical services on an outpatient basis. It also provides medical management services to independent physician affiliates (IPAs). Its medical centers and IPAs are located in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Hillsborough Counties, Florida.
As of June 30, 2010, the company provided services to or for approximately 25,700 patients on a risk basis and approximately 9,000 patients on a limited or non-risk basis. Additionally, it also provided services to approximately 6,000 patients on a non-risk fee-for-service basis. It also operates and manages sleep diagnostic centers in various states.
At the companys medical centers, physicians who are its employees or independent contractors act as primary care physicians practicing in the area of general, family, and internal medicine with medical specialty services provided in certain of its centers. A typical medical center is operated in an office space that ranges from 5,000 to 8,000 square feet although two of its medical centers comprise approximately 23,000 and 49,000 square feet of space. In addition, certain of its medical centers provide diagnostic imaging services.
The company provides management assistance to IPAs. Its services include providing assistance with medical utilization management, pharmacy management, and specialist network development. It also provides financial reports for its IPAs to further assist with their practices. These services relate primarily to those patients served by the IPAs who are enrolled in health plans offered by Humana and Vista. As of June 30, 2010, these IPAs provided services to approximately 3,000 patients.
Medicare and Medicaid Considerations
The company provides services to Medicare-eligible patients and Medicaid-eligible patients.
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Affiliates
The company provides medical services to various health maintenance organizations (HMOs). Its HMO affiliates are Humana Medical Plans, Inc. (Humana); Vista Healthplan of South Florida, Inc. and its affiliated companies including Summit Health Plan, Inc. (Vista); and Wellcare Health Plans, Inc. (Wellcare).
Humana: The company has three agreements with Humana under which it provides medical services to members of Humanas Medicare, Medicaid, commercial, and other group health care plans; a Physician Practice Management Participation Agreement (the Humana PPMP Agreement) and an Integrated Delivery System Participation Agreement (the IDS Agreement). Under these agreements it provides or arranges for the provision of covered medical services to each Humana member.
Vista: The company provides medical services to members of Vistas Medicare, Medicaid, commercial and individual health care plans. Under its agreements with Vista, the company provides or arranges for the provision of covered medical services to each Vista member.
Wellcare: The company is a party to two agreements with Wellcare under which it provides or arranges for the provision of medical services to each member of Wellcares Medicare plans. One of these agreements is the Physician Provider agreement and other agreement also a risk arrangement for Wellcares Medicare members. It has contracts with Wellcare and its affiliates for the provision of care for members of their Medicaid plans.
In August 2010, the company acquired a South Florida-based sleep diagnostic center business. Through Seredor Corporation, a subsidiary established to conduct sleep service activities, the company operates and manages sleep diagnostic centers in Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, West Virginia, Virginia, Colorado, and Ohio.
Continucare Corporation was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CONTINUCARE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CONTINUCARE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CONTINUCARE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CONTINUCARE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CONTINUCARE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Continucare Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Continucare Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Continucare Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Continucare Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Continucare Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CONTINUCARE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CONTINUCARE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CONTINUCARE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CONTINUCARE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CONTINUCARE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CONTINUCARE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Continucare Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Continucare Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Continucare Corp. Major Shareholders
Continucare Corp. History
Continucare Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Continucare Corp. Offices and Representations
Continucare Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Continucare Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Continucare Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Continucare Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Continucare Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Continucare Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Continucare Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Continucare Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Continucare Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Continucare Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Continucare Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Continucare Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?