- The report contains detailed information about CONMED Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CONMED Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CONMED Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CONMED Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CONMED Corporation business.
About CONMED Corporation
CONMED Corporation operates as a medical technology company. The company focuses on surgical devices and equipment for minimally invasive procedures and monitoring.
The companys products serve the clinical areas of arthroscopy, powered surgical instruments, electrosurgery, cardiac monitoring disposables, endosurgery, and endoscopic technologies. They are used by surgeons and physicians in various specialties, including orthopedics, general surgery, gynecology, neurosurgery, and gastroenterology.
The company offers a range of devices and products for use in arthroscopic surgery. Arthroscopic procedures are performed on the knee and shoulder, and hip, as well as smaller joints, such as the hand, wrist and ankle. The companys arthroscopy products include powered resection instruments, arthroscopes, reconstructive systems, tissue repair sets, metal and bioabsorbable implants and related disposable products and fluid management systems.
The company also offers a line of video Endoscopy products suitable for use in multi-specialty clinical environments beyond orthopedic arthroscopy, including laparoscopy, ENT, gynecology and urology, as well as integrated operating room systems and equipment.
Powered Surgical Instruments
The companys line of powered instruments is sold principally under the Hall Surgical brand name, for use in large and small bone orthopedic, arthroscopic, oral/maxillofacial, podiatric, plastic, ENT, neurological, spinal and cardiothoracic surgeries. Large bone, neurosurgical, spinal and cardiothoracic powered instruments are sold primarily to hospitals while small bone arthroscopic, otolaryngological and oral/maxillofacial powered instruments are sold to hospitals, outpatient facilities and physicians offices.
The companys powered instruments product line also includes the MPower Battery System. This orthopedic power system is specifically designed to meet the requirements of most orthopedic applications. The system also provides a multitude of battery technologies to meet the varying needs of hospitals worldwide.
An electrosurgical system consists of three main components: an electrosurgical generator or ESU, an active electrode in the form of an electrosurgical pencil or instrument that is used to apply concentrated energy to the target tissues, and a dispersive electrode that grounds the patient and provides feedback to the ESU. Electrosurgery can be used in almost all surgical procedures including specialties such as general, gynecology, orthopedics, cardiology, thoracics, urology, neurology, and dermatology. Also included in its portfolio of energy-based products is the Argon Beam Coagulation (ABC) technology.
These systems consist of a smoke evacuation unit which suctions surgical smoke from the operative site and filters the smoke plume. It is connected to the ESU and uses specific electrosurgical smoke evacuation pencils.
The companys patient care product line offering includes a line of vital signs and cardiac monitoring products including pulse oximetry equipment & sensors, ECG electrodes and cables, cardiac defibrillation & pacing pads and blood pressure cuffs. The company also offers a line of suction instruments & tubing for use in the operating room, as well as a line of IV products for use in the critical care areas of the hospital.
Endosurgery (also referred to as minimally invasive surgery or laparoscopic surgery) is surgery performed without a major incision. The trocar cannula provides access into the abdomen for camera systems and surgical instruments. Its endosurgical instruments are reposable, meaning that the instrument has a disposable and a reusable component.
The companys Endosurgical products include the Reflex and PermaClip clip appliers for vessel and duct ligation, Universal S/I (suction/irrigation) and Universal Plus laparoscopic instruments, specialized suction/irrigation electrosurgical instrument systems for use in laparoscopic surgery and the OnePort which incorporates a blunt-tipped version of a trocar.
The OnePort dilates access through the body wall rather than cutting with the sharp, pointed tips of conventional trocars thus resulting in smaller wounds, and less bleeding. The company also offers cutting trocars, suction/irrigation accessories, laparoscopic scissors, dissectors and graspers, active electrodes, insufflation needles and linear cutters and staplers for use in laparoscopic surgery. The companys disposable skin staplers are used to close large skin incisions with surgical staples. ConMed EndoSurgery also offers uterine manipulator called VCARE for use in increasing the efficiency of laparoscopic hysterectomies.
The company offers a comprehensive line of minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic products used in conjunction with procedures which require flexible endoscopy. The companys principal customers include GI endoscopists, pulmonologists, and nurses who perform both diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures in hospitals and outpatient clinics.
The companys products are distributed domestically directly to approximately 6,000 hospitals and other healthcare institutions, as well as through medical specialty distributors and surgeons.
The companys competitors include Smith & Nephew, plc; Arthrex, Inc.; Stryker Corporation; ArthroCare Corporation; Johnson & Johnson; Mitek Worldwide; Medtronic, Inc.; The Anspach Effort, Inc.; MicroAire Surgical Instruments, LLC; Covidien Ltd.; Valleylab; 3M Company; ERBE Elektromedizin GmbH; Johnson & Johnson; Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc.; Boston Scientific Corporation; Wilson-Cook Medical, Inc.; Olympus America, Inc.; and U.S. Endoscopy.
CONMED Corporation was founded in 1970.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CONMED CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CONMED CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CONMED CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CONMED CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CONMED CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CONMED Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CONMED Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CONMED Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CONMED Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CONMED Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. CONMED CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CONMED CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CONMED CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CONMED CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CONMED CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CONMED CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CONMED Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CONMED Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CONMED Corporation Major Shareholders
CONMED Corporation History
CONMED Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CONMED Corporation Offices and Representations
CONMED Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CONMED Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CONMED Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
CONMED Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
CONMED Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CONMED Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CONMED Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CONMED Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
CONMED Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
CONMED Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CONMED Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CONMED Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?