- Trends in companion diagnostics partnering deals
- Companion diagnostics partnering agreement structure
- Companion diagnostics partnering contract documents
- Top companion diagnostics deals by value
- Most active companion diagnostics dealmakers
This report provides details of the latest Companion Diagnostics agreements announced in the life sciences since 2010.
The report takes the reader through a comprehensive review Companion Diagnostics deal trends, key players, top deal values, as well as deal financials, allowing the understanding of how, why and under what terms, companies are entering Companion Diagnostics partnering deals.
The report presents financial deal term values for Companion Diagnostics deals, listing by headline value, upfront payments, milestone payments and royalties, enabling readers to analyse and benchmark the financial value of deals.
The middle section of the report explores the leading dealmakers in the Companion Diagnostics partnering field; both the leading deal values and most active Companion Diagnostics dealmaker companies are reported allowing the reader to see who is succeeding in this dynamic dealmaking market.
One of the key highlights of the report is that over 350 online deal records of actual Companion Diagnostics deals, as disclosed by the deal parties, are included towards the end of the report in a directory format – by company A-Z, stage of development, deal type, therapy focus, and technology type - that is easy to reference. Each deal record in the report links via Weblink to an online version of the deal.
In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners. Whilst many companies will be seeking details of the payment clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered – contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Companion Diagnostics dealmaking. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Companion Diagnostics dealmaking since 2010, including details of headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading Companion Diagnostics deals since 2010. Deals are listed by headline value. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 25 most active companies in Companion Diagnostics dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of Companion Diagnostics deals announded by that company, as well as contract documents, where available.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Companion Diagnostics partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010, where a contract document is available in the public domain. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Companion Diagnostics partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010. The chapter is organized by specific Companion Diagnostics technology type. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each deal on demand.
A comprehensive series of appendices is provided organized by Companion Diagnostics partnering company A-Z, stage of development, deal type, and therapy focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each deal on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in Companion Diagnostics partnering and dealmaking since 2010.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of Companion Diagnostics technologies and products.
Global Companion Diagnostics Partnering 2010-2017: Deal trends, players, financials and forecasts provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of Companion Diagnostics deal trends since 2010
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Analysis of the structure of Companion Diagnostics agreements with numerous real life case studies
- Detailed access to actual Companion Diagnostics contracts entered into by leading biopharma companies
- Identify most active Companion Diagnostics dealmakers since 2010
- Insight into terms included in a Companion Diagnostics partnering agreement, with real world examples
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
Global Companion Diagnostics Partnering 2010-2017: Deal trends, players, financials and forecasts is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to Companion Diagnostics trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Companion Diagnostics Partnering Terms and Agreements includes:
- Trends in Companion Diagnostics dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2010
- Analysis of Companion Diagnostics deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Case studies of real-life Companion Diagnostics deals
- Access to Companion Diagnostics contract documents
- Leading Companion Diagnostics deals by value since 2010
- Most active Companion Diagnostics dealmakers since 2010
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy target
- Technology type
The Global Companion Diagnostics Partnering 2010-2017: Deal trends, players, financials and forecasts report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 350 Companion Diagnostics deals.
Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How aresalesand payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
CHAPTER 2 – TRENDS IN COMPANION DIAGNOSTICS DEALMAKING
2.2. Companion Diagnostics partnering over the years
2.3. Most active Companion Diagnostics dealmakers
2.4. Companion Diagnostics partnering by deal type
2.5. Companion Diagnostics partnering by therapy area
2.6. Deal terms for Companion Diagnostics partnering
2.6.1 Companion Diagnostics partnering headline values
2.6.2 Companion Diagnostics deal upfront payments7
2.6.3 Companion Diagnostics deal milestone payments
2.6.4 Companion Diagnostics royalty rates
CHAPTER 3 – LEADING COMPANION DIAGNOSTICS DEALS
3.2. Top Companion Diagnostics deals by value
CHAPTER 4 – MOST ACTIVE COMPANION DIAGNOSTICS DEALMAKERS
4.2. Most active Companion Diagnostics dealmakers
4.3. Most active Companion Diagnostics partnering company profiles
CHAPTER 5 – COMPANION DIAGNOSTICS CONTRACTS DEALMAKING DIRECTORY
5.2. Companion Diagnostics contracts dealmaking directory
CHAPTER 6 – COMPANION DIAGNOSTICS DEALMAKING BY TECHNOLOGY TYPE
CHAPTER 7 – PARTNERING RESOURCE CENTER
7.1. Online partnering
7.2. Partnering events
7.3. Further reading on dealmaking
Appendix 1 – Companion Diagnostics deals by company A-Z
Appendix 2 – Companion Diagnostics deals by stage of development
Appendix 3 – Companion Diagnostics deals by deal type
Appendix 4 – Companion Diagnostics deals by therapy area
Appendix 5 –Deal type definitions
About Wildwood Ventures
Recent report titles from Current Partnering
Companion diagnostics partnering over the years
Companion diagnostics partnering has significantly increased in frequency since 2007, to a peak in 2011.
In 2011, 74 companion diagnostics partnering deals were being reported in a year.
Big pharma companion diagnostics dealmaking activity
Big pharma companies play a minor role in signing deals involving companion diagnostics assets, although interest has been growing in recent years as indicated by the recent acquisition of companion diagnostics company assets.
Companion diagnostics deals by value
The list includes deals irrespective of whether the deal is pure licensing or a multicomponent collaborative R&D deal. In general, multicomponent deals attract the highest value. This is because the subject of the deal is normally focused in the development and commercialization of target compound(s) using a platform technology. As such the revenues contributing to the deal headline value is probably a combination of upfront, milestone and royalty payments as opposed to potential immediate, guaranteed revenues.
Unlike mainstream pharma and biotech partnering, the list is not dominated by bigpharma companies.
The list also suggests that the time for high value companion diagnostics deals has now passed. Whilst this may be true for the present time, it is likely that such deals will return as the development of companion diagnosticss emerges for costly biotech treatments in the next decade.
The material was prepared in October, 2013.
Figure 1: Companion Diagnostics partnering since 2010
Figure 2: Active Companion Diagnostics dealmaking activity since 2010
Figure 3: Companion Diagnostics partnering by deal type since 2010
Figure 4: Companion Diagnostics partnering by disease type since 2010
Figure 5: Companion Diagnostics deals with a headline value
Figure 6: Companion Diagnostics deals with an upfront value
Figure 7: Companion Diagnostics deals with a milestone value
Figure 8: Companion Diagnostics deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 9: Top Companion Diagnostics deals by value since 2010
Figure 10: Most active Companion Diagnostics dealmakers since 2010
Figure 11: Online partnering resources
Figure 12: Forthcoming partnering events