- The report contains detailed information about Coloplast A/S that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Coloplast A/S. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Coloplast A/S financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Coloplast A/S competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Coloplast A/S business.
About Coloplast A/S
Coloplast A/S engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of medical devices and services.
The company principally operates in five product areas, including ostomy products for people whose intestinal outlet has been surgically rerouted through the abdominal wall; continence care products for people with problems controlling their bladder or bowel movements; dressings for treatment of chronic wounds; skin care products for prevention and treatment; and breast forms and special textiles for women after breast surgery.
Coloplasts ostomy business comprises products and services for people with a surgically created opening in the abdominal wall for the ureter or bowel. People diagnosed with chronic intestinal diseases or cancer may need ostomy surgery. Ostomy bags are for one-time use or drainable, and they consist either of a skin adhesive with integrated bag or of two separate parts for coupling. The company markets its products in Germany, Great Britain and France.
The companys major competitors are ConvaTec and Hollister, Inc.
Coloplast engages in the manufacture and sale of appliances to people with problems controlling their bladder or bowel movements. Its key customer group is people with spinal-cord injuries. Its main product groups are catheters for emptying the bladder, urine bags, urisheaths and products to help overcome loss of bowel control. The company markets its products in Great Britain and France. Coloplast initiated a partnership with British Ranier Technology Ltd. to engage in the development and marketing of a new permanent catheter concept.
The companys main competitors in the global marketplace are Astra Tech AB; Mentor Corporation; and Hollister, Inc.
Coloplasts wound care business engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, and sale of wound care products supporting the healing of diagnosis-related chronic wounds. Coloplast gives advice to nurses on which indications and wound stages to apply the individual products for. Coloplast is addressing the market defined as the moist wound-healing market, including improved and active products for the healing of chronic wounds. Its product range comprises dressings based on hydrocolloids, hydrogel, foam, alginate and active substances, the main agent being silver.
The companys major competitors include ConvaTec; Smith & Nephew; Molnlycke; and Johnson & Johnson.
Coloplasts skin health business engages in the development, manufacturing, global marketing, and sales in USA. Its primary target groups are health professionals and elderly people with skin health problems. Its main products protect skin exposed to body liquids, retain moisture, bathe and cleanse skin, and treat wounds. Its products are sold as accessories for appliances from other Coloplast product areas. The skin health business unit is responsible for sales of Coloplasts wound care products in the USA as, in this market, these two areas of care are often handled by the same nurses.
The companys major competitors include ConvaTec; Smith & Nephew; and 3M.
Coloplasts breast care business engages in the development, manufacture, and distribution of external breast forms for women who have had a breast surgically removed. The companys business area also includes underwear, swimsuits, and skin care products especially designed for this target group. Its products are sold under the Amoena brand, through bandagists and specialist shops. Its main markets are the USA, Germany, France, and Great Britain.
The companys major competitors are Anita Dr. Helbig GmbH and TruLife.
The company principally markets its products in three regions: Europe, North and South America, Asia-Pacific region.
Coloplast A/S was founded in 1957.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COLOPLAST A/S COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COLOPLAST A/S BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COLOPLAST A/S SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COLOPLAST A/S FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COLOPLAST A/S COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Coloplast A/S Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Coloplast A/S and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Coloplast A/S and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Coloplast A/S Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Coloplast A/S Industry Position Analysis
6. COLOPLAST A/S NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COLOPLAST A/S EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COLOPLAST A/S ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. DENMARK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COLOPLAST A/S IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COLOPLAST A/S PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COLOPLAST A/S VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Coloplast A/S Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Coloplast A/S Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Coloplast A/S Major Shareholders
Coloplast A/S History
Coloplast A/S Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Coloplast A/S Offices and Representations
Coloplast A/S SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Coloplast A/S Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Coloplast A/S Capital Market Snapshot
Coloplast A/S Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Coloplast A/S Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Coloplast A/S Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Coloplast A/S Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Coloplast A/S 1-year Stock Charts
Coloplast A/S 5-year Stock Charts
Coloplast A/S vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Coloplast A/S vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Coloplast A/S Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?