China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ASSESSMENT
COVID-19 impact is taken into consideration during the analysisChina BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Fundamental Company Report provides a complete overview of the company’s affairs. All available data is presented in a comprehensive and easily accessed format. The report includes financial and SWOT information, industry analysis, opinions, estimates, plus annual and quarterly forecasts made by stock market experts. The report also enables direct comparison to be made between China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. and its competitors. This provides our Clients with a clear understanding of China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. position in the Healthcare Industry.
- The report contains detailed information about China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. business.
About China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc.
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in pharmaceutical distribution, retail pharmacy, and manufacture of pharmaceuticals and medical-related products primarily in the Peoples Republic of China. The company's subsidiaries include Guangxi Liuzhou Baicaotang Medicine Limited (Liuzhou BCT); Hefeng Pharmaceutical Co. Limited (Hefeng Pharmaceutical); and Guangxi Liuzhou Baicaotang Medicine Retail Limited (BCT Retail).
The company operates in the following segments: Pharmaceutical Distribution; Retail Pharmacy; and Hefeng Pharmaceutical.
The company's principal business is pharmaceutical distribution. It conducts its wholesale business through Liuzhou BCT by purchasing pharmaceutical products from suppliers and then distributing them to its wholesale customers, including hospitals, retail drug stores, other pharmaceutical wholesalers, clinics, medical centers, and individuals. The companys pharmaceutical distribution business is focused on the market of Guangxi province, which includes major cities, such as Nanning, Liuzhou, and Guilin.
BCT Retail operates a regional retail network in Guangxi province, consisting of 66 directly owned retail stores in Guangxi province under the registered name Baicaotang. The companys retail stores provide pharmaceutical services, and supply various medicines, including western medicine, traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), dried Chinese herbal medicine, processed Chinese herbal medicine, family planning products, and seasonal medicine. A typical retail drug store of Retail Chain carries approximately 2,800 to 3,200 different products.
Hefeng Pharmaceutical has a manufacturing facility located on approximately 40,000 square meters of land, and manufactures four products units: a Chinese herbal medicine abstraction unit for raw material and medicine paste with 100 tons of annual abstraction capacity; a granular formulation unit with an annual production capacity of 2 billion packages; a pill formulation unit with an annual production capacity of 3 billion pills; and a liquid formulation unit with an annual production capacity of 0.1 billion injections.
Hefeng Pharmaceutical produces and sells pharmaceutical products under the registered name Asio, including traditional anti-inflammatory and antibacterial drugs, cancer treatment drugs, cardio-vascular disease drugs, and hepatitis drugs.
Products Offered by Hefeng Pharmaceutical
Corydalis Saxicola Bunting (Yanhuanglian): Corydalis Saxicola Bunting is an important component in various prescriptions in TCM. Yanhuanglian has been demonstrated to possess various pharmacological activities, including antibacterial, antiviral, and anticancer activities. The active fractions are dehydrocavidine, coptisine, dehydroapocavidine and tetradehydroscoulerine. The company is the licensed producer for this drug in China.
Tabellae Sarcandrae: Tabellae Sarcandrae, a TCM protected drug, has similar anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects as anti-biotics in western medicine. Tabellae Sarcandrae possessed marked inhibition effect to auricular inflammation in mice caused by croton oil, footpad inflammation in rats caused by carragheenin and granuloma in mice by cotton ball.
Hydroxycamptotbecine Injection: Hydroxycamptotbecine Injection is used to treat cancers, such as esophagus cancer, carcinoma ventriculi, carcinoma hepatic, and colon cancer. The company is a licensed producer of this drug in China.
Levodopa: Levodopa is used to treat the stiffness, tremors, spasms, and poor muscle control of Parkinsons disease. Levodopa is also used to treat these same muscular conditions when they are caused by drugs, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), fluphenazine (Prolixin), perphenazine (Trilafon), and others.
Ethacridine Lactate Injection: This is used for second trimester pregnancy termination from week 12-26 at hospitals. The company is a licensed producer in China.
Yinge Tongmai Tea: Yinge Tongmai Tea is made of gingko biloba, kudzu rot, and Chinese tea and is used to clear up blood vessels and treat cardio-vascular diseases.
Products and services offered by Retail Chain
Packaged Western and TCM: The company offers approximately 2,750 packaged drugs, including prescription and OTC drugs.
Chinese Herbal Medicine: The company offers approximately 450 types of various drinkable herbal remedies and packages of assorted herbs for making soup, which are used by consumers as health supplements.
Family Planning Products: The company offers approximately 40 family planning products, which include family care products, such as portable medical devices for family use, birth control and early pregnancy test products, and convenience products. The companys family planning products also include seasonal and promotional items tailored to local consumer demand.
Products offered by its Pharmaceutical Distribution Segment
The companys pharmaceutical distribution segment provides retail chain with the majority of the pharmaceutical products sold in retail drugstores. It distributes approximately 8,000 products from approximately 4,000 suppliers through its wholesale distribution. The pharmaceutical distribution segment also distributes its products to other retail networks.
The companys main competitors in Guangxi province are Sinopharma Liuzhou Branch and Sinopharma Nanning Branch, and Liuzhou Medical and Pharmaceutical Limited on wholesale side; and Shenzhen Accordance Pharm. Chain Store Inc., and Hunan Laobaixing Pharmacy Chain on retail side.
The company was formerly known as China Baicaotang Medicine Limited and changed its name to China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. in March 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHINA BCT PHARMACY GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHINA BCT PHARMACY GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHINA BCT PHARMACY GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHINA BCT PHARMACY GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHINA BCT PHARMACY GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHINA BCT PHARMACY GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHINA BCT PHARMACY GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. CHINA BCT PHARMACY GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHINA BCT PHARMACY GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHINA BCT PHARMACY GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHINA BCT PHARMACY GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Key Executives
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. History
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Industry Statistics
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
China BCT Pharmacy Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?