- The report contains detailed information about Celesio AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Celesio AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Celesio AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Celesio AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Celesio AG business.
About Celesio AG
Celesio AG operates as a pharmaceutical distribution company in Europe. The company offers pharmaceutical manufacturers logistics and distribution solutions through a pan-European network of subsidiaries with its AVS Health Distribution business unit. The company operates in approximately 15 countries.
The company conducts its business in three divisions: wholesale division, pharmacies division, and solutions division. The companys wholesale division comprises the wholesale trading activities that it conducts with third party customers. The companys pharmacies division includes all activities related to the services provided by pharmacies belonging to the Celesio group. The companys solutions division comprises performing services closely related to pharmaceuticals, such as logistics and distribution, as well as trading activities.
As of December 31, 2004, the company operated 122 wholesale branches principally in France, Germany, United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Norway, Portugal, Ireland, Czech Republic, and Italy. The company operates as a major supplier of services to pharmacy chains in the United Kingdom, through its wholesale company, AAH.
As of December 31, 2004, the companys portfolio of pharmacies comprises 1,883 pharmacies in seven European countries. It principally operates in the United Kingdom, Norway, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Begium, and Czech Republic.
The company offers logistics and administrative services for pharmaceutical manufacturers. The company engages in the logistics and distribution activities for pharmaceutical manufacturers under the name of AVS Health Distribution to form the first business unit of the new Solutions division. It primarily operates in Spain, the Czech Republic, Germany, and the United Kingdom. The Solutions division would address other participants in the healthcare market with a specific range of services, such as hospitals or other institutions requiring pharmaceuticals.
The services Celesio offers to the pharmaceutical industry through AVS Health Distribution focus mainly on logistics and distribution. These are available to pharmaceutical manufacturers on a national, international or pan-European basis, depending on their needs. The range of services includes basic logistical services such as transportation, warehouse storage and warehouse management, as well as customer-specific services, such as the nationwide supply of refrigerated vaccines to doctors or deliveries to individual customers of a pharmaceutical manufacturer within a few hours. By using external service partners, pharmaceutical manufacturers are able to reduce their own administrative costs, make use of the benefits of economies of scale and concentrate on their core competencies.
AVS Health Distribution supports the pharmaceutical industry with other administrative services, such as order processing, invoice collection, monitoring of the flow of products and goods and the provision of personnel resources as well as assistance with the drug registration process. In the 2004 Celesio Solutions was active in eight countries with its AVS Health Distribution business unit through Farillon and Castlereagh in the United Kingdom, Depots Generaux in France, Sanova in Austria, Cahill May Roberts in Ireland, NMD in Norway, Seur Pharma in Spain, Realpol in the Czech Republic and AVS Health in Germany.
Celesio AG was founded by Franz Ludwig Gehe in 1835 in Dresden. The company was formerly known as GEHE AG and changed its name to Celesio AG in April 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CELESIO AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CELESIO AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CELESIO AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CELESIO AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CELESIO AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Celesio AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Celesio AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Celesio AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Celesio AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Celesio AG Industry Position Analysis
6. CELESIO AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CELESIO AG EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CELESIO AG ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CELESIO AG IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CELESIO AG PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CELESIO AG VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Celesio AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Celesio AG Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Celesio AG Major Shareholders
Celesio AG History
Celesio AG Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Celesio AG Offices and Representations
Celesio AG SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Celesio AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Celesio AG Capital Market Snapshot
Celesio AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Celesio AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Celesio AG Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Celesio AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Celesio AG 1-year Stock Charts
Celesio AG 5-year Stock Charts
Celesio AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Celesio AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Celesio AG Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?