- The report contains detailed information about CAS Medical Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CAS Medical Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CAS Medical Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CAS Medical Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CAS Medical Systems Inc. business.
About CAS Medical Systems Inc.
CAS Medical Systems, Inc., a medical technology company, develops, manufactures, and markets non-invasive patient monitoring products that are vital to patient care.
The company has various categories of products and services, including Critical Care Monitoring; Blood Pressure Measurement Technology; Bedside Monitoring; and Supplies and Service.
Critical Care Monitoring
The Critical Care Monitoring category includes sales of the FORE-SIGHT cerebral oximeter monitors, sensors and accessories. The FORE-SIGHT Cerebral Oximeter measures absolute cerebral tissue oxygen levels, enabling clinicians to identify and quickly react to instances of lowered brain oxygen levels before the situation becomes critical. With one or two single-use disposable sensors placed on the patients forehead, FORE-SIGHT utilizes the companys LASER-SIGHT Optical Technology to project near infrared light into the brain to provide an absolute measurement indicating cerebral tissue oxygen saturation. The companys proprietary technology allows the clinician to use the FORE-SIGHT monitor to get absolute cerebral oximetry information at any point during a procedure, as there is no measured or assumed baseline needed. During 2009, the company received 510(k) clearances from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to market a medium size FORE-SIGHT sensor and to expand the indications for use of its FORE-SIGHT Small sensor to include the entire neonatal patient population below 8Kg. Additional studies using FORE-SIGHT in cardiac, thoracic, vascular, orthopedic, and other surgeries, as well as in the adult, pediatric and neonatal intensive care setting are underway in the U.S. and Europe.
Blood Pressure Measurement Technology
The Blood Pressure Measurement Technology category includes sales to original equipment manufacturers (OEM) of the companys proprietary non-invasive blood pressure technology (MAXNIBP) sold as a discrete module to be included in the OEM customers own multi-parameter monitors, and associated blood pressure cuffs and accessories for the OEM market. The company has a multi-year supply agreement with its major OEM customer Medtronic Physio-Control.
The company offers aline of non-invasive vital signs monitoring products for various general care settings in hospitals, such as outpatient medical surgical units, recovery, procedure labs, physician offices and emergency response settings. It manufactures two platforms of vital signs monitors based around its proprietary MAXNIBP non-invasive blood pressure technology and incorporating various combinations of other measurement parameters. In addition to the companys proprietary MAXNIBP technology, measurement options include pulse oximetry, electro-cardiography, temperature, and capnography. CASMED monitors are ideal for a range of clinical settings (both human and veterinary), including emergency medical service, medical/surgical units, out-patient care, and procedural sedation. The company has a blanket agreement with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for purchase of its vital signs monitors through December 2010. Other products included in the bedside monitoring category are a line of cardio-respiratory monitors used to monitor apnea in home-based and hospital settings and products developed and manufactured by Analogic Corporation, or otherwise supplied through Analogic.
Supplies and Service
The company offers a line of disposable and reusable blood pressure cuffs that can be used with any manufacturers monitoring equipment. The product line includes cuffs and pressure infusors manufactured by Statcorp, Inc. The blood pressure cuffs, including UltraCheck Reusable Cuffs, and SoftCheck Disposable Cuffs, can be used on patients from neonate through adult, as well as on veterinary patients, and complement the companys MAXNIBP blood pressure measurement technology. The companys Unifusor line of infusor cuffs are used to infuse intra-venous fluids into a patient. It has various private-label versions of both the blood pressure and infusor cuffs available for OEM partners.
Also in the supplies and services category are a line of specialty neonatal supplies manufactured in its Branford, CT facility. These single patient use products are designed specifically to meet the needs of neonatal intensive care. The varied product line includes Klear-Trace ECG Electrodes, NeoGuard skin temperature probes, and adhesive reflectors.
The company's major customer is Medtronic, Inc.
Sales and Marketing
The companys critical care FORE-SIGHT cerebral oximeters are sold via a direct sales force and key manufacturers representatives groups within the U.S. and via distribution partners outside the U.S. Outside the United States, the company has four sales consultants located in Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim focused on FORE-SIGHT sales, selling to select markets via distribution partners. It sells its non-invasive blood pressure technology, in the form of sub-assemblies to be assembled into other OEM companys multi-parameter monitors. The companys bedside monitoring products and consumable cuff products are sold within the U.S. via manufacturers representatives and distributors. International sales are conducted through distributors in the European, African, the Middle Eastern, Pacific Rim, and Latin American regions, and Canada.
CAS Medical Systems, Inc. was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CAS MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CAS MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CAS MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CAS MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CAS MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CAS Medical Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CAS Medical Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CAS Medical Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CAS Medical Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CAS Medical Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CAS MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CAS MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CAS MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CAS MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CAS MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CAS MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CAS Medical Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CAS Medical Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CAS Medical Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
CAS Medical Systems Inc. History
CAS Medical Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CAS Medical Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
CAS Medical Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CAS Medical Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CAS Medical Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CAS Medical Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
CAS Medical Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CAS Medical Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CAS Medical Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CAS Medical Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CAS Medical Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CAS Medical Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CAS Medical Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CAS Medical Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?