- The report contains detailed information about CareFusion Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CareFusion Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CareFusion Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CareFusion Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CareFusion Corporation business.
About CareFusion Corporation
CareFusion Corporation, a medical technology company, provides various healthcare products and services in the United States and internationally. The company offers product lines in the areas of intravenous, or IV, infusion, medication and supply dispensing, respiratory care, infection prevention and surgical instruments. The company is a subsidiary of Cardinal Health, Inc.
The companys primary product brands include Alaris IV infusion systems that feature its proprietary Guardrails software, an application that alerts the clinician when a parameter is outside the institutions pre-established limitations for that medication, thereby helping to reduce IV medication errors; Pyxis automated medication dispensing systems that provide medication management and Pyxis automated medical supply dispensing systems; AVEA and Pulmonetic Systems ventilation and respiratory products, and Jaeger and SensorMedics pulmonary products; ChloraPrep products that help prevent vascular and surgical-site infections and MedMined software and surveillance services that help target and reduce hospital-acquired infections, or HAIs; and V. Mueller surgical instruments and related products and services.
The companys segments include Critical Care Technologies and Medical Technologies and Services.
Critical Care Technologies Segment
Critical Care Technologies segment develops, manufactures, and market equipment and related supplies for infusion, medication and supply dispensing, and respiratory care. Critical Care Technologies includes the companys infusion, dispensing and respiratory care businesses that develop, manufacture and sell capital equipment and related dedicated and non-dedicated disposables.
The companys products in this segment are integrated with other information systems within the hospital, including financial and business systems that support patient admissions, discharges and transfers, operational systems that include inventory management and clinical systems that include pharmacy information and electronic medical records.
In addition to its range of infusion and dispensing systems and respiratory products, the company offers a group of value-added services and programs, software technical services and clinical education.
The company also offers a field service organization, as well as customer call centers to support its customers before, during and after product installation. Its field service organization provides on-site expertise to resolve customers service issues, and operates various customer call centers to provide additional support to its customers.
The companys products include intravenous medication safety and infusion therapy delivery systems comprising disposables, software applications, and related patient monitoring equipment; automated dispensing machines and related applications for distributing and managing medication and medical supplies; and equipment and supplies for ventilation and respiratory and sleep diagnostics.
Infusion: The company designs, develops, and markets IV medication technology, including IV infusion systems that deliver medications and other fluids directly into a patients veins in precise, measured quantities over a range of infusion rates. It sells infusion products primarily to hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers and transport services.
The companys Alaris system enables healthcare professionals to administer intravenous fluids and monitoring vital signs, such as respiratory activity and blood oxygen levels. The Guardrails software application alerts a clinician when a parameter is outside the institutions pre-established limitations (known as a data set) for that medication, thereby helping to reduce IV medication errors. It offers a range of disposable IV administration sets and accessories.
Dispensing: The company provides point-of-care systems that automate the dispensing of medications and supplies in hospitals and other healthcare facilities in the United States, where about one out of every two acute care hospitals use its primary product line, the Pyxis MedStation system. It sells its dispensing products primarily to hospita
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CAREFUSION CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CAREFUSION CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CAREFUSION CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CAREFUSION CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CAREFUSION CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CareFusion Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CareFusion Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CareFusion Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CareFusion Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CareFusion Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. CAREFUSION CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CAREFUSION CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CAREFUSION CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CAREFUSION CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CAREFUSION CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CAREFUSION CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CareFusion Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CareFusion Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CareFusion Corporation Major Shareholders
CareFusion Corporation History
CareFusion Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CareFusion Corporation Offices and Representations
CareFusion Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CareFusion Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CareFusion Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
CareFusion Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
CareFusion Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CareFusion Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CareFusion Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CareFusion Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
CareFusion Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
CareFusion Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CareFusion Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CareFusion Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?