- The report contains detailed information about Cardica Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cardica Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cardica Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cardica Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cardica Inc. business.
About Cardica Inc.
Cardica, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of proprietary automated anastomotic systems used by surgeons to perform coronary artery bypass surgery.
The company also develops an endoscopic microcutter intended for use by general, thoracic, gynecologic, bariatric and urologic surgeons. It is also developing a PFO device in collaboration with Cook Incorporated, or Cook. The company sells its C-Port Distal Anastomosis Systems, or C-Port systems, in the United States and Europe. Its C-Port systems include the C-Port xA system. In addition to its commercialized cardiac surgery products, the company has commenced development of the Cardica Microcutter, a multi-fire endolinear microcutter device based on its proprietary staple-on-a-strip technology.
The company markets four proprietary products to perform anastomoses, the C-Port xA system, C-Port Flex A system, C-Port X-CHANGE system and the PAS-Port system. The C-Port systems automate a distal anastomosis between the graft vessel and target artery. The original C-Port system, which is no longer marketed, was studied using veins rather than arteries as the graft vessel and received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance for the creation of anastomoses between grafts and target vessels generally. The PAS-Port system automates the performance of a proximal anastomosis between a graft vessel, typically a saphenous vein, and the aorta. The PAS-Port system received 510(k) clearance from the FDA in 2008.
C-Port Distal Anastomosis Systems
C-Port xA Anastomosis System
The companys C-Port xA Distal Anastomosis System, which may be used in either on- or off-pump CABG procedures, is designed to perform an end-to-side distal anastomosis by attaching the end of a bypass graft to a coronary artery downstream of an occlusion or narrowing. The C-Port xA system is actuated by depressing a trigger which activates a manifold powered by a cylinder of compressed carbon dioxide to provide smooth actuation.
In addition, the C-Port xA system has been designed to: perform an end-to-side anastomosis without interruption of native coronary blood flow; achieve nearly complete alignment of the natural blood lining surfaces of the coronary artery and the bypass graft to minimize scarring and potential occlusion of the anastomosis; minimize the amount of foreign material in the blood stream that may cause clotting and subsequent graft failure; and suitable for all grafts typically used in CABG procedures with wall thicknesses of approximately 1.4 millimeters.
C-Port Flex A Anastomosis System
The C-Port Flex A system includes modifications to the C-Port xA system that are designed to enable automated anastomoses to be performed as part of minimally invasive and robot-facilitated CABG procedures. In 2007, the company received 510(k) clearance from the FDA to market the C-Port Flex A system in the United States. The flexible shaft is designed to allow the working end of the device that creates the anastomosis to be inserted through a 14-millimeter diameter port to access the chest cavity and heart. The device is designed to be loaded with the bypass graft vessel inside or outside the chest cavity and deployed to create the anastomosis to the coronary artery. This product is designed to enable technology for completion of robotically assisted, including endoscopic, CABG surgery through four or five relatively small incisions between the ribs.
C-Port X-CHANGE System
The C-Port X-CHANGE system is a cartridge-based reloadable C-Port system. The C-Port X-CHANGE system includes modifications to the C-Port xA system that are designed to enable multiple automated anastomoses to be performed using the same handle with up to three separate cartridges. In 2007, the company received 510(k) clearance from the FDA to market the C-Port X-CHANGE system in the U.S. As of June 30, 2009, the company had sold an aggregate of approximately 9,300 units of all the versions of its C-Port systems.
PAS-Port Proximal Anastomosis System
The companys PAS-Port system is a fully automated device used to perform an end-to-side proximal anastomosis between a saphenous vein and the aorta. Surgeons use its PAS-Port system in conventional CABG procedures and in OPCAB. Additional stitches may be required intra-operatively in an individual anastomosis depending on the quality of the target and graft vessels, adequacy of target site preparation and quality of the loading of the graft to the deployment cartridge. The PAS-Port system is cleared or approved for sale in the United States, Europe and Japan and marketed in Europe and Japan. As of June 30, 2009, approximately 14,000 PAS-Port systems had been sold, primarily in Japan and the United States.
The companys competitors include Maquet Cardiovascular LLC; Edwards Lifesciences Corporation; Johnson & Johnson, Inc.; Abbott Laboratories; Medtronic, Inc.; St. Jude Medical; Ethicon Endo-Surgery, part of Johnson & Johnson; Covidien; Stryker Endoscopy; Olympus; Gyrus Medical; and Power Medical.
The company was founded in 1997. It was formerly known as Vascular Innovations, Inc. and changed its name to Cardica, Inc. in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CARDICA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CARDICA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CARDICA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CARDICA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CARDICA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cardica Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cardica Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cardica Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cardica Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cardica Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CARDICA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CARDICA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CARDICA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CARDICA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CARDICA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CARDICA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cardica Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cardica Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cardica Inc. Major Shareholders
Cardica Inc. History
Cardica Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cardica Inc. Offices and Representations
Cardica Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cardica Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cardica Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cardica Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Cardica Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cardica Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cardica Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cardica Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cardica Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cardica Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cardica Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cardica Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?