- The report contains detailed information about Bovie Medical Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Bovie Medical Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Bovie Medical Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Bovie Medical Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Bovie Medical Corp. business.
About Bovie Medical Corp.
Bovie Medical Corporation engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of medical products and devices with an emphasis in electrosurgical generators and electrosurgical disposables. The company sells a range of products designed for doctors offices, surgi-centers, and hospitals.
The company's principal subsidiaries include Aaron Medical Industries, Inc., which engages in the business of marketing its medical products; and Bovie Canada ULC, which has a facility located in Windsor, Ontario. The principal function of this facility is product development and manufacturing focused mainly on endoscopic devices.
The company manufactures and markets products, both under private label and the Bovie brands (Aaron, IDS, ICON, and SEER), to distributors worldwide. Additionally, it has original equipment manufacturing (OEM) agreements with other medical device manufacturers.
The company groups its products into three main categories: electrosurgery, cauteries, and other products.
The company's primary product line is electrosurgery and includes desiccators, generators, electrodes, electrosurgical pencils, and various ancillary disposable products. In addition, in 2009, the company expanded into the saline enhanced electrosurgical market. These electrosurgical products are used during surgical procedures in gynecology, urology, plastic surgery, dermatology, veterinary, and other surgical markets for the cutting and coagulation of tissue. The companys electrosurgery products fall under two categories, monopolar or bipolar.
Aaron 900 and Aaron 940: These products are low powered (30 and 40 watt) and high frequency desiccators. These units are designed primarily for dermatology and family practice physicians. The units are used mainly for removing small skin lesions and growths.
Aaron 950: The company has developed a high frequency desiccator with cut capacity for outpatient surgical procedures. These generators allow physicians to change the power settings with one action. These generators are designed mainly for use in doctors offices and are utilized in various specialties, including dermatology, gynecology, family and general practice, urology, plastic surgery, and ophthalmology.
Aaron 1250U: The company has also developed a 120-watt multipurpose electrosurgery generator. The unit features monopolar and bipolar functions with pad sensing. This generator was redesigned to allow 1 unit to work with a line voltage ranging from 100 240 VAC.
Aaron 2250 / 3250 and IDS 200 / 300 / 400: The company has developed 200-watt, 300-watt, and 400-watt multipurpose digital electrosurgery generators designed for the surgi-center market and the hospital market. These units have been designed based on a digital feedback system.
ICON GI and ICON GP: The ICON product lines are custom designed specialty electrosurgical generators that incorporate a touch-screen interface which provides the user flexibility in achieving a desired effect through different digitally built-in modes. It features specialized error messaging to prevent misinterpretation and allows for troubleshooting, and has specialized audible alerts to indicate improper cable connections. The ICON GI is designed for the gastrointestinal (GI) niche market, while the ICON GP is designed for a general purpose market like hospital operating rooms, and surgery centers.
SEER line: The SEER line consists of conductive sintered steel as an electrode for radio frequency (RF) coupled with sterile saline used in cutting and coagulation. Initial fields of therapy for the technology include liver, pancreatic and kidney tumor therapies.
Battery Operated Cauteries: Battery operated cauteries constitute the companys second major product line. Cauteries are originally designed for precise hemostasis (to stop bleeding) in ophthalmology. The use of cauteries has been expanded to include sculpting woven grafts in bypass surgery, vasectomies, evacuation of subungual hematoma (smashed fingernail), and for arresting bleeding in various types of surgery. Battery operated cauteries are primarily sterile one-time use p
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BOVIE MEDICAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BOVIE MEDICAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BOVIE MEDICAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BOVIE MEDICAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BOVIE MEDICAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Bovie Medical Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Bovie Medical Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Bovie Medical Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Bovie Medical Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Bovie Medical Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. BOVIE MEDICAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BOVIE MEDICAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BOVIE MEDICAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BOVIE MEDICAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BOVIE MEDICAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BOVIE MEDICAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Bovie Medical Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Bovie Medical Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Bovie Medical Corp. Major Shareholders
Bovie Medical Corp. History
Bovie Medical Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Bovie Medical Corp. Offices and Representations
Bovie Medical Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Bovie Medical Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Bovie Medical Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Bovie Medical Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Bovie Medical Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Bovie Medical Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Bovie Medical Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Bovie Medical Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Bovie Medical Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Bovie Medical Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Bovie Medical Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Bovie Medical Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?