- The report contains detailed information about BioLife Solutions, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BioLife Solutions, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BioLife Solutions, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BioLife Solutions, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BioLife Solutions, Inc. business.
About BioLife Solutions, Inc.
BioLife Solutions, Inc. operates as a life sciences tools provider that develops and markets patented hypothermic storage and cryopreservation solutions for cells, tissues, and organs, and provides contracted research and development and consulting services related to optimization of biopreservation processes and protocols.
The companys product and service offerings include hypothermic storage and cryopreservation media products for cells, tissues, and organs; generic formulations of blood stem cell freezing media products; custom product formulation and custom packaging services; contracted research and development and consulting services related to optimization of biopreservation processes and protocols; and contract aseptic manufacturing services.
The companys proprietary HypoThermosol, CryoStor, and generic BloodStor biopreservation media products are marketed to companies, laboratories, and academic institutions engaged in research and commercial clinical applications. Its product line of serum-free and protein-free biopreservation media products are fully defined and formulated to reduce preservation-induced, delayed-onset cell damage and death. This platform enabling technology provides academic and clinical researchers significant extension in biologic source material shelf life and also improved post-thaw cell, tissue, and organ viability and function.
HypoThermosol is a family of cell-specific, optimized hypothermic biopreservation media that allows for improved and extended preservation of biologic source material and manufactured cell and tissue based clinical products. A line of customized HypoThermosol biopreservation solutions are available to researchers and clinicians to preserve cells and tissue in low temperature environments for extended periods. The HypoThermosol family of biopreservation media for the hypothermic maintenance and cryopreservation of mammalian cell systems include HypoThermosol-FRS; and HypoThermosol Purge.
HypoThermosol-FRS: This solution has been formulated to decrease the free radical accumulation in cells undergoing prolonged hypothermic preservation. HypoThermosol-FRS is useful at extending the shelf life and improving the post-preservation viability and function of various cell and tissue types.
HypoThermosol Purge: HypoThermosol-Purge is an acellular flush solution specifically designed for use during the transition from normothermic to mild hypothermic temperatures to rinse culture media and native fluids from tissue and whole organ systems prior to suspension in a preservation solution.
Based on its proprietary HypoThermosol technology, the company developed CryoStor, a family of optimized cryopreservation media designed for frozen storage of cells and tissues. CryoStor is formulated to address the molecular-biological aspects of cellular stress as a response to the biopreservation process thereby directly reducing the level of preservation-induced, delayed-onset cell damage and death.
CryoStor CS2: CryoStor CS2, a member of the CryoStor series of solutions, addresses the molecular-biological properties of systems undergoing preservation processes.
CryoStor CS5: CryoStor CS5 is a base cryopreservation solution which is designed to incorporate the principles which led to the successful development of the HypoThermosol series with the incorporation of agents to modulate the physical damaging effects associated with ice formation and cellular freezing, such as dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO).
CryoStor CS10: CryoStor CS10, a member of the CryoStor series of solutions, addresses the molecular-biological properties of systems undergoing preservation processes.
BloodStor is a family of generic blood cell freezing media products. BloodStor 55-5 is a GMP grade offering of the traditional 55% DMSO, 5% Dextran cord blood stem cell freezing media. This product is packaged in sterile, single-use vials and also custom bulk packaging.
The companys target markets include cell and tissue banking; cell suppliers; cord blood collection and storage; toxicity testing; hair transplantation; reproductive biology; tissue engineering; organ transplantation; cellular therapy; and pharmaceutical drug discovery.
The companys competitors include Life Technologies Corp., Lonza, and Sigma Aldrich.
BioLife Solutions, Inc. was founded in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BioLife Solutions, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BioLife Solutions, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BioLife Solutions, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BioLife Solutions, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BioLife Solutions, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BioLife Solutions, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BioLife Solutions, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BioLife Solutions, Inc. Major Shareholders
BioLife Solutions, Inc. History
BioLife Solutions, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BioLife Solutions, Inc. Offices and Representations
BioLife Solutions, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BioLife Solutions, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BioLife Solutions, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
BioLife Solutions, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
BioLife Solutions, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BioLife Solutions, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BioLife Solutions, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BioLife Solutions, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
BioLife Solutions, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
BioLife Solutions, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BioLife Solutions, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BioLife Solutions, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?