- The report contains detailed information about ArthroCare Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ArthroCare Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ArthroCare Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ArthroCare Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ArthroCare Corporation business.
About ArthroCare Corporation
ArthroCare Corporation, a medical device company, develops, manufactures, and markets surgical products.
The companys business is divided into three business units: Sports Medicine, Ear Nose and Throat (ENT), and Spine. Each of the Sports Medicine, ENT, and Spine business units market and sell their products in two principal geographic markets: Americas (North and South America) and International (all other geographies).
Sports Medicine Business Unit
Sports Medicine business unit focuses on the development, production, and marketing of surgical products used in the treatment of soft tissue injuries, mostly in the shoulder, knees and hips.
The ArthroWand Product Line: ArthroWand product line is the principal product line in Sports Medicine. This line features a series of Coblation based specialized disposable radio frequency surgical wands designed for single patient use to treat orthopedic conditions, including injuries of the shoulder, knee, hip, foot, ankle, elbow and wrist. ArthroWands are used with a controller, a software based radio frequency generator that provides electromagnetic energy used to create the localized plasma for tissue removal in arthroscopic surgeries for ablation, resection, and coagulation of soft tissue and to seal bleeding vessels.
The Opus Collection: In 2004, the company acquired Opus Medical, Inc., a manufacturer of a proprietary family of specialized implants and instruments including the Opus AutoCuff System, which facilitates a knotless arthroscopic repair of the rotator cuff.
In 2005, the company introduced another device to the Opus Collection, the LabraFix System, which uses technology similar to the AutoCuff System to facilitate knotless arthroscopic repair of connective tissue in the portion of the shoulder known as the labrum. This product line includes other anchors, such as the TwinLock to treat partial or avulsed tears of the rotator cuff, Magnum M (Metal) and Magnum MP (PEEK) anchors for use in double row anchor repairs of the rotator cuff, and the SpeedScrew, a knotless screw in type anchor made of PEEK material designed to maximize fixation of tendon to bone in rotator cuff repairs.
The Atlantech Collection: The products in the Atlantech Collection include a line of hand-held surgical instruments, procedural kits and trays and reusable accessories to facilitate arthroscopic surgery.
ENT Business Unit
ENT business unit focuses on the development, production and marketing of surgical products used in the treatment of conditions affecting soft tissues in the ear, nose and throat.
The ENT Wands Product Line: ENT has developed a variety of products for use by ENT surgeons for general head, neck and oral surgical procedures, including sinus surgery, the treatment of snoring, reduction of nasal turbinates, and adenoid and tonsil removal. ENT markets three categories of disposable devices, or wands, to address the ENT Marketsuction wands, channeling wands and excision wands, each of which use Coblation technology.
The Rapid Rhino Product Line: In 2005, the company completed the purchase of all of the assets of Applied Therapeutics, Inc., or ATI, a maker of sinus surgery treatment products, that are complementary to ENT devices. ATI's carboxymethyl-cellulose based packing and tamponade products are used in situations of significant nosebleed, or epistaxis, treatments which are treated in an emergency room setting or surgicenter. Rapid Rhino product line includes the dissolvable Stammberger Sinus Dressing and Sinu Knit, which are used after endoscopic sinus surgery to control minor bleeding, facilitate epithelial healing and preserve the spatial integrity of the sinus area. Rapid Rhino product line also includes epistaxis balloon tamponade products, which are used primarily in the hospital emergency room environment to control chronic nosebleeds.
Spine Business Unit
Spine business unit focuses on the development, production and marketing of surgical products used in the treatment of spine-related conditions.
SpineWand Product Line: The SpineWand devices use Coblation-based technology to treat soft tissue (intervertebral disc) conditions in the spine.
The companys Plasma Disc Decompression, or PDD, SpineWands are products for the treatment of contained herniated discs. The PDD SpineWands remove portions of these herniated discs to relieve pressure on major spinal nerves and are designed for use in both large and small disc spaces, as well as for treatments requiring the removal of soft tissue in the spine through a much smaller incision rather than through a cannula. Cavity SpineWand is used to reduce the size of malignant lesions within the vertebrae in patients suffering from spinal compression fractures resulting from benign and malignant tumors.
The Parallax Product Line: In 2004, the company acquired Medical Device Alliance, Inc. and its majority-owned subsidiary, Parallax Medical, which offers products for the treatment of vertebral compression fractures.
The Parallax product line includes needles for vertebral access and bone biopsy, cement delivery systems, bone cement with opacifiers and ancillary devices; all of which permit repair of vertebral compression fractures.
Sales and Marketing
The companys international sales activities are focused on markets where it sells direct, including several countries in Western Europe and Australia, as well as strategic growth markets, including India, China and Russia.
The companys primary customers across all of its business units are surgeons and other specialized medical professionals who utilize products to treat their patients.
The companys primary competitors across all of business units include Medtronic, Inc., Smith & Nephew, Stryker Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Cardinal Health/Allegiance, Olympus (through its subsidiary Gyrus), Arthrex, Inc. and Cook Medical.
ArthroCare Corporation was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARTHROCARE CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARTHROCARE CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARTHROCARE CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARTHROCARE CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARTHROCARE CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ArthroCare Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ArthroCare Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ArthroCare Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ArthroCare Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ArthroCare Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. ARTHROCARE CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARTHROCARE CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARTHROCARE CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARTHROCARE CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARTHROCARE CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARTHROCARE CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ArthroCare Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ArthroCare Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ArthroCare Corporation Major Shareholders
ArthroCare Corporation History
ArthroCare Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ArthroCare Corporation Offices and Representations
ArthroCare Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ArthroCare Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ArthroCare Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
ArthroCare Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
ArthroCare Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ArthroCare Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ArthroCare Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ArthroCare Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
ArthroCare Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
ArthroCare Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ArthroCare Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ArthroCare Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?