- The report contains detailed information about Antares Pharma Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Antares Pharma Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Antares Pharma Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Antares Pharma Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Antares Pharma Inc. business.
About Antares Pharma Inc.
Antares Pharma, Inc., a pharma company, focuses on self-injection pharmaceutical products and technologies and topical gel-based products. The companys subcutaneous injection technology platforms include Vibex disposable pressure-assisted auto injectors, Vision reusable needle-free injectors, and disposable multi-use pen injectors.
The company, in the injector area, has a multi-product deal with Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd. (Teva) that includes Tev-Tropin human growth hormone. It has partnerships with Ferring Pharmaceuticals BV (Ferring) and JCR Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. (JCR) that include their human growth hormone (hGH) products.
In the gel-based area, its product candidate, Anturol, an oxybutynin ATD (Advanced Transdermal Delivery) gel for the treatment of overactive bladder (OAB), is under evaluation in a pivotal Phase 3 trial. The company also has a partnership with BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (BioSante) that includes LibiGel (transdermal testosterone gel) in Phase 3 clinical development for the treatment of female sexual dysfunction (FSD), and Elestrin (estradiol gel) for the treatment of moderate-to-severe vasomotor symptoms associated with menopause, which is marketed in the U.S.
Products and Technology
The companys portfolio includes transdermal Advanced ATD gels; disposable pressure assisted auto injection systems (Vibex); disposable pen injection systems; and reusable needle-free injection systems (Vision).
Vision / Tjet: The Vision/Tjet has been sold for use in approximately 30 countries to deliver either insulin or hGH. The product features a reusable, spring-based power source and disposable needle-free syringe, which acts as the pathway for the injectable drug through the skin and allows for viewing of the medication dose prior to injection. The product is also reusable, with each device designed to last for approximately 3,000 injections (or approximately two years) while the needle-free syringe, when used with insulin or hGH, is disposable after approximately one week when used by a single patient for injecting from multi-dose vials.
The Vision/Tjet administers injectables by using a spring to push the active ingredient in solution or suspension through a micro-fine opening in the needle-free syringe. The opening is approximately half the diameter of a standard 30-gauge needle.
Disposable (Vibex) Injectors: The company has designed disposable, pressure assisted auto injector devices to address acute medical needs, such as allergic reactions, migraine headaches, acute pain, emesis and other daily therapies, as well as potentially for the delivery of vaccines. The companys proprietary Vibex disposable product combines a low-energy, spring-based power source with a small, hidden needle, which delivers the needed drug solution subcutaneously or, in the case of vaccines, subdermally.
Disposable Pen Injector System: The pen injector complements the companys portfolio of pressure assisted auto injector devices. The disposable pen injector device is designed to deliver drugs by injection through needles from multi-dose cartridges. The company has signed a license agreement with Teva for its pen injector device for two undisclosed products.
Transdermal Products: The companys ATD system penetrates the skin to deliver various treatments. The gels consist of a hydro-alcoholic base, including a combination of permeation enhancers. The gels are also designed to be absorbed through the skin after application, which is typically to the arms, shoulders, or abdomen, and release the active ingredient into the blood stream predictably over approximately a 24 hour period of time.
The companys ATD gel products are being developed by both the company and its pharmaceutical partner. The following list is a summary of the products being developed/commercialized
Anturol: The companys product candidate, Anturol, is an oxybutynin ATD gel for the treatment of OAB (overactive bladder), and is under evaluation in a pivotal Phase 3 trial. The company intends to seek a marketing partner to help fund the development of Anturol and to commercially launch Anturol if approved by the FDA.
Elestrin: Elestrin is a transdermal estradiol gel for the treatment of moderate-to-severe vasomotor symptoms associated with menopause. The company licensed the rights to Elestrin in the U.S. and other markets to its partner BioSante through a license agreement. BioSante has sublicensed Elestrin to Azur Pharma, who markets Elestrin in the U.S.
LibiGel: LibiGel is a transdermal testosterone gel for the treatment of female sexual dysfunction being developed by its partner BioSante. LibiGel is in a Phase 3 clinical study.
Nestorone: The company has a joint development agreement with the Population Council, an international, non-profit research organization, to develop contraceptive formulation products containing Nestorone, by using the Population Councils patented compound and other proprietary information covering the compound, and its transdermal delivery gel technology.
Ropinirole: The company has a worldwide product development and license agreement with Jazz Pharmaceuticals (Jazz) for Ropinerole which is being developed to treat a central nervous system (CNS) disorder that would utilize its transdermal gel delivery technology ATD.
Competition in the transdermal delivery market includes companies like Watson Pharmaceuticals, Solvay, Acrux, NexMed, Inc., Auxillium, Inc., and Novavax, Inc. Competition in the disposable, single-use injector market includes Ypsomed AG, SHL Group AB, OwenMumford Ltd., West Pharmaceuticals, Becton Dickinson, Haselmeir GmbH, Elcam Medical and Vetter Pharma. Competition in the reusable needle-free injector market includes Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. and The Medical House PLC.
Antares Pharma, Inc. was founded in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANTARES PHARMA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANTARES PHARMA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANTARES PHARMA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANTARES PHARMA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANTARES PHARMA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Antares Pharma Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Antares Pharma Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Antares Pharma Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Antares Pharma Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Antares Pharma Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ANTARES PHARMA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANTARES PHARMA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANTARES PHARMA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANTARES PHARMA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANTARES PHARMA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANTARES PHARMA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Antares Pharma Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Antares Pharma Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Antares Pharma Inc. Major Shareholders
Antares Pharma Inc. History
Antares Pharma Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Antares Pharma Inc. Offices and Representations
Antares Pharma Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Antares Pharma Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Antares Pharma Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Antares Pharma Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Antares Pharma Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Antares Pharma Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Antares Pharma Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Antares Pharma Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Antares Pharma Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Antares Pharma Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Antares Pharma Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Antares Pharma Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?