- The report contains detailed information about AMS Homecare Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AMS Homecare Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AMS Homecare Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AMS Homecare Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AMS Homecare Inc. business.
About AMS Homecare Inc.
AMS Homecare, Inc. operates as a healthcare company focusing on the elderly and disabled marketplace. The company has two subsidiaries: AMS Homecare Canada, Inc. and AMS Homecare USA, Inc. AMS Homecare Canada, Inc. is a purveyor of mobility equipment, durable and disposable medical products, and patient monitoring technology. AMS Homecare USA Inc. operates as a retail outlet in Bellevue, Washington under the trade name 65Plus.
The Wholesale and contract manufacturing division supplies mobility equipment and medical products throughout Canada, and has a base of approximately 300 dealer customers in Canada.
The Technology division, called IER Systems, markets and installs proprietary software and hardware into Care Facilities and is used to monitor the facility and the residents.
The Retail division operating in the United States, called as 65 PLUS, offers products to the graying population as a one stop shop. Its store operates in Bellevue, Washington State.
Distribution and Contract Manufacturing
The company markets the Shoprider Brand Scooters and powerchairs, through an agreement with Pihsiang Machinery in Taiwan. It markets the Supracor medical cushions developed by a Supracor, a U.S company. The company also sells bathlifts and other products under distribution agreements. In addition, AMS markets products such as walkers, wheelchairs, and scooter accessories which are outsource manufactured locally in Canada and in Asia.
IER Systems / Ultra Wideband Technology
IER Systems contacts care personnel directly, wherever they may be in the facility. It provides access to both reports and the patient database. The system also provides personal alarm protection for patients or residents, as well as staff working alone during the night or in unprotected areas. A selection of devices for personal use is available in pendant, wristband or belt clip attachments. There are approximately 30 Care Facilities in BC and North America that have installed IER Systems.
The IER System interfaces with existing telephone systems to provide two-way communication through long range telephones or pocket pagers. IER software is intended to be integrated with leading and new products such as with UWB (Ultra Wideband) products when available to make it the most advanced system available.
Wireless 2000 RF & UWB Technologies has given the company rights to market and distribute any or all of the HRRM and PLT Systems for use in the health care, residential elder care, medical offices and hospital markets throughout in United States and Mexico and in Canada the right to market to Residential Elder Care Facilities and non-exclusive rights in Canada for all markets that are not Residential Elder Care Facilities.
The company operates in this market with its own private label brand of Scooters under the name 65 PLUS.
Shoprider and Accessories: This line includes scooters, power-chairs, rollators, wheelchairs and accessories. It is intended to meet the needs of mobility challenged individuals in daily living requirements. This line is targeted at the Canadian dealers target market and the end consumers target market in the USA.
Scooters: There are various models to choose from depending on the specific needs of the consumer. They come in both three and four wheeled models and range from smaller, lightweight travel versions to more rugged deluxe models.
Power-chairs: These have various features tending to the needs of the disabled such as swing-away controllers and mid-wheel drive maneuverability.
Rollators: Aluminum frame, loop handbrakes, wire basket, and an accessory/food tray make this product useful in attending mobility needs.
Wheelchairs: These include Loop hand brakes, removable padded armrests, manual dual rear tire locks, swing-away foot rests, fold down back and safety belt.
Accessories: The accessories allow customers to personalize their scooter to their own specific needs. Products like an attachable tote, a weather guard, or even an oxygen tank holder allows for more space.
Bathlift: The company markets the Aquajoy bath lift in North America. In Canada, the bathlift is sold through the existing distribution network and the in the U.S through its 65 Plus retail store and the 65Plus Website. The product assists individuals in lowering themselves into the bathtub.
Supracor Honeycomb Cushioning: The company has acquired a license to market the Supracor product in Canada. Supracor honeycomb cushioning uses memory technology to keep the product in a shape and provide airflow thus preventing sores and further medical attention due to the sores. The product is targeted to the Canadian dealer base with a primary focus on pharmacies and similar retail outlets.
The company principally offers its products in Canada. Most of its products are for healthcare patients and their homecare needs with the exception of proprietary software monitoring system called IER Systems.
The companys main supplier is Pihsiang Machinery.
The companys main competitors in its primary markets are Invacare, Pride Mobility Products Corporation, Sunrise Medical Inc., and Optiway Technology Inc. Its competitors in the integrated emergency response systems (IER) include Visionlink Wireless, Comtechwireless, and Iportcommunications.
AMS Homecare, Inc. was incorporated in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMS HOMECARE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMS HOMECARE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMS HOMECARE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMS HOMECARE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMS HOMECARE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AMS Homecare Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AMS Homecare Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AMS Homecare Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AMS Homecare Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AMS Homecare Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMS HOMECARE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMS HOMECARE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMS HOMECARE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMS HOMECARE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMS HOMECARE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMS HOMECARE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AMS Homecare Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AMS Homecare Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AMS Homecare Inc. Major Shareholders
AMS Homecare Inc. History
AMS Homecare Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AMS Homecare Inc. Offices and Representations
AMS Homecare Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AMS Homecare Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AMS Homecare Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
AMS Homecare Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
AMS Homecare Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AMS Homecare Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AMS Homecare Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AMS Homecare Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
AMS Homecare Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
AMS Homecare Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AMS Homecare Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AMS Homecare Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?