- The report contains detailed information about AMN Healthcare Services Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AMN Healthcare Services Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AMN Healthcare Services Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AMN Healthcare Services Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AMN Healthcare Services Inc. business.
About AMN Healthcare Services Inc.
AMN Healthcare Services, Inc. is a provider of comprehensive healthcare staffing and management services. The company recruits and places healthcare professionals on assignments of variable lengths and in permanent positions with clients throughout the United States, who range from acute-care hospitals and physician practice groups to other healthcare settings, including rehabilitation centers, dialysis clinics, pharmacies, home health service providers, and ambulatory surgery centers.
The company also offers a managed services program in which it provides solutions for clients to manage their multiple clinical vendors, and recruitment process outsourcing services, where it conducts clients recruitment for permanent clinical positions.
The companys staffing services are marketed primarily to two distinct customer groups: healthcare professionals; and hospitals, physician practice groups and other healthcare settings.
The company markets staffing opportunities to healthcare professionals under recruitment brands that include American Mobile Healthcare, Medical Express , NurseChoice, NursesRx, Med Travelers, Platinum Select Staffing, Rx Pro Health, OGrady Peyton International, Staff Care, and Merritt Hawkins & Associates.
Nurse and Allied Healthcare Staffing segment
Nurses: The company provides medical nurses, surgical nurses, specialty nurses, licensed practical or vocational nurses and advanced practice nurses in a range of specialties for travel assignments throughout the United States. It places qualified nurse professionals with hospitals and hospital systems. The majority of its assignments are in acute-care hospitals, including teaching institutions, trauma centers and community hospitals. The company places the majority of nurses on 13-week assignments with hospitals and healthcare facilities. It recruits English-speaking internationally trained nurses from foreign countries through OGrady Peyton International brand for 12-24 month assignments. In addition, the company offers a shorter-term staffing solution under NurseChoice brand to address hospitals urgent need for registered nurses. NurseChoice is targeted to recruit and staff nurses who can begin assignments within one to two weeks in acute-care facilities.
Allied Health Professionals: The company also provides allied health professionals under Med Travelers, Platinum Select Staffing and Rx Pro Health brands to acute-care hospitals and other healthcare facilities such as skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation clinics, and retail and mail-order pharmacies. Allied health professionals include such disciplines as physical therapists, surgical technologists, respiratory therapists, occupational therapists, medical and radiology technologists, dialysis technicians, speech pathologists, rehabilitation assistants, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
Locum Tenens Staffing segment
The company, under Staff Care brand, places physicians of all specialties, certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA), nurse practitioners, and dentists on a temporary basis (locum tenens) as independent contractors with all types of healthcare organizations throughout the United States, including hospitals, medical groups, occupational medical clinics, individual practitioners, networks, psychiatric facilities, government institutions, and managed care entities. These professionals are recruited nationwide and placed on multi-week contracts with assignment length ranging from a few days up to one year.
Physician Permanent Placement Services segment
The company provides permanent physician placement services under Merritt Hawkins brand to hospitals, healthcare facilities, and physician practice groups throughout the United States. Its specialty offerings include approximately 70 specialist and sub-specialist opportunities, such as internal medicine, family practice, and surgery.
The company offers healthcare professionals placement opportunities and provides staffing solutions to hospital and healthcare facility clients throughout the United States. In addition to acute-care hospitals, the company provides services to sub-acute healthcare facilities, physician groups, rehabilitation centers, dialysis clinics, pharmacies, home health service providers, and ambulatory surgery centers. Its clients include hospitals and healthcare systems, such as Georgetown University Hospital, HCA, NYU Medical Center, Stanford Hospital and Clinics, UCLA Medical Center, The University of Chicago Hospitals, and Mayo Health System.
The companys competitors in the management services, travel nurse, allied and locum tenens staffing sectors include Cross Country Healthcare, CHG Healthcare Services, Medfinders, On Assignment, and LocumTenens.com.
AMN Healthcare Services, Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AMN Healthcare Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AMN Healthcare Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Major Shareholders
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. History
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Offices and Representations
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?