- The report contains detailed information about Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. business.
About Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc.
Amica Mature Lifestyles, Inc. (Amica or the Company) provides accommodation and services to seniors. Amica engages in the design, marketing, and management of luxury housing and services for mature lifestyles. As of May 31, 2003, the company manages 17 seniors residences, including two under development, in four provinces across Canada. These 17 Amica Wellness & Vitality Residences comprise a total of 2,372 suites, including 250 suites under development, 287 condominium units under development and 106 condominium units sold to individual purchasers.
The Companys operations are comprised of two distinct operating segments: management operations and ownership operations.
Under its management operations segment, the Company generally supervises all aspects of operations of the seniors residences on behalf of third party owners and those properties owned by the Company, including marketing, accounting, purchasing, budgeting, design and implementation of resident programs and the hiring, training and supervising of staff. As well, the Company earns design and marketing fees and sales bonuses on the development and sale of condominium units.
Under its ownership operations segment, the Company owns 100% of 11 seniors residences; owns a 50% interest in three seniors residences; and has an interest ranging from 13% to 34% in three seniors residence, two of which are currently under construction.
Amica only develops condominium units for sale where the condominium units are connected or adjacent to a rental seniors residence. The project would then earn service fees from these condominium units by providing access to the amenities located in the rental residence.
There are three distinct lifestyle orientations in the seniors population: independent, semi-independent and dependent. The Companys primary focus is on the independent sector through the luxury accommodation and services offered at Amica Wellness & Vitality Residences.
The Company initially had acquired residences that fell into three distinct divisions: Seniors Independent Living Apartments (SILAs), Retirement Communities (RCs) and Skilled Nursing Residences (SNRs). There is currently one remaining SILA residence and two SNRs.
Wellness & Vitality
The Principles are embodied in everything the Company does for its valued residents through the Wellness & Vitality Program. Wellness relates to the services the Company provides to nurture the physical body and spans every aspect from diet, to strength training and physical exercise and even encompasses the elements of life safety and security systems in the buildings. Similarly, Vitality is the term the Company uses to capture the essence of a residents joie de vivre or happiness. Vitality therefore is achieved through participation in recreation and social activities that are particular to each residents choice.
The Companys focus is on providing luxury accommodation and services to primarily independent seniors in Canada.
Amica Mature Lifestyles, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMICA MATURE LIFESTYLES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMICA MATURE LIFESTYLES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMICA MATURE LIFESTYLES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMICA MATURE LIFESTYLES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMICA MATURE LIFESTYLES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMICA MATURE LIFESTYLES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMICA MATURE LIFESTYLES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMICA MATURE LIFESTYLES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMICA MATURE LIFESTYLES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMICA MATURE LIFESTYLES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMICA MATURE LIFESTYLES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Major Shareholders
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. History
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Offices and Representations
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?