- The report contains detailed information about AMERIGROUP Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AMERIGROUP Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AMERIGROUP Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AMERIGROUP Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AMERIGROUP Corporation business.
About AMERIGROUP Corporation
AMERIGROUP Corporation operates as a multistate managed healthcare company focused on serving people, who receive healthcare benefits through publicly sponsored programs, such as Medicaid, Childrens Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Medicaid expansion programs, and Medicare Advantage.
The company designs its programs to address the particular needs of its members, for whom it facilitate access to healthcare benefits pursuant to agreements with applicable state and Federal government agencies. As of December 31, 2009, the company provided various products to approximately 1,788,000 members in Texas, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Virginia, and New Mexico.
The company offers a range of healthcare products through publicly sponsored programs with in a care model that integrates physical and behavioral health.
Medical and Quality Management Programs
The company provides specific disease and medical management programs designed to meet the special healthcare needs of its members with chronic illnesses and medical conditions. The company integrates its members behavioral healthcare with their physical healthcare utilizing its integrated medical management model. The company offers a continuum of care management, including disease management, pharmacy integration, centralized telephonic case management, case management at the health plans, and field-based case management for some of its higher-risk members. These disease management programs also facilitate members in the self management of chronic disease and include asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, diabetes, depression, schizophrenia, and HIV/AIDS. As of December 31, 2009, its provider networks included approximately 103,000 physicians, including PCPs, specialists and ancillary providers, and approximately 745 hospitals.
The companys Maternal-Child Services program provides health promotion, advocacy and care management for pregnant women and their newborns. Its contracts with hospitals are usually for one- to two-year periods and automatically renew for successive one-year periods. The company also has contracted with other ancillary providers for physical therapy, mental health and chemical dependency care, home healthcare, nursing home care, home-based community services, vision care, diagnostic laboratory tests, x-ray examinations, ambulance services and medical equipment. Additionally, the company has contracted with dental vendors that provide routine dental care in markets where routine dental care is a covered benefit and with a national pharmacy benefit manager that provides a local pharmacy network in its markets where prescription drugs are a covered benefit.
The company has 11 active health plan subsidiaries offering healthcare services in Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
The companys Texas subsidiary, AMERIGROUP Texas, Inc., is licensed as an HMO. Its service areas include the cities of Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio and the surrounding counties. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 505,000 members in Texas.
The companys Georgia subsidiary, AMGP Georgia Managed Care Company, Inc., is licensed as an HMO. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 249,000 members in Georgia.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 236,000 members in Florida. Its service areas include the metropolitan areas of Miami/Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Tampa covering 29 counties in Florida.
The companys Tennessee subsidiary, AMERIGROUP Tennessee, Inc., is licensed as an HMO. As of December 31, 2009, it had approximately 195,000 members in Tennessee.
The companys Maryland subsidiary, AMERIGROUP Maryland, Inc., is licensed as an HMO in Maryland. The companys service areas include 21 of the 24 counties in Maryland. As of December 31, 20098, the company had approximately 194,000 members in Maryland.
The companys New Jersey subsidiary, AMERIGROUP New Jersey, Inc., is licensed as an HMO. Its service areas include 20 of the 21 counties in New Jersey. As of December 31, 2009, it had approximately 118,000 members in its New Jersey service areas.
The companys New York subsidiary, AMERIGROUP New York, LLC, formerly known as CarePlus, LLC, is licensed as a PHSP in New York. The companys service areas include New York City, with in the boroughs of Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island, and Putnam County. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 114,000 members in New York.
The companys Nevada subsidiary, AMERIGROUP Nevada, Inc., began serving TANF and CHIP members in 2009 under a contract to provide Medicaid managed care services in the urban service areas of Washoe and Clark counties. As of December 31, 2009, AMERIGROUP Nevada, Inc. served approximately 62,000 members in Nevada.
The companys Ohio subsidiary, AMERIGROUP Ohio, Inc., is licensed as a HIC. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 60,000 members in Ohio.
The companys Virginia subsidiary, AMERIGROUP Virginia, Inc., is licensed as an HMO. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 3,000 members in Virginia.
The companys New Mexico subsidiary, AMERIGROUP Community Care of New Mexico, Inc., is licensed as an HMO. In 2008, the company began serving members of the ABD populations under the Coordinated Long-Term Care Services (CoLTS) program. As of December 31, 2009 the company had approximately 20,000members in New Mexico. The companys service area includes 17 counties in the Metro/Central and Southwest regions.
In 2009, the company sold it rights to serve Medicaid members pursuant to the contract with the State of South Carolina.
AMERIGROUP Corporation was founded in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMERIGROUP CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERIGROUP CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERIGROUP CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERIGROUP CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERIGROUP CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AMERIGROUP Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AMERIGROUP Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AMERIGROUP Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AMERIGROUP Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AMERIGROUP Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERIGROUP CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERIGROUP CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMERIGROUP CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMERIGROUP CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMERIGROUP CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMERIGROUP CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AMERIGROUP Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AMERIGROUP Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AMERIGROUP Corporation Major Shareholders
AMERIGROUP Corporation History
AMERIGROUP Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AMERIGROUP Corporation Offices and Representations
AMERIGROUP Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AMERIGROUP Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AMERIGROUP Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
AMERIGROUP Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
AMERIGROUP Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AMERIGROUP Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AMERIGROUP Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AMERIGROUP Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
AMERIGROUP Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
AMERIGROUP Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AMERIGROUP Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AMERIGROUP Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?