- The report contains detailed information about American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for American Medical Systems Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. business.
About American Medical Systems Holdings Inc.
American Medical Systems Holdings, Inc. provides medical solutions to physicians treating mens and womens pelvic health conditions worldwide. The company has a product portfolio, which treats mens incontinence, erectile dysfunction, and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), and treats womens incontinence and pelvic floor prolapse.
The company offers AMS 800 Artificial Urinary Sphincter. This system includes an inflatable urethral cuff to restrict flow through the urethra, and a control pump which allows the patient to discreetly open the cuff during urination. It also offers the InVance sling system, a less-invasive procedure for men with moderate incontinence. The companys solution, the AdVance sling system for the treatment of mild to moderate stress urinary incontinence. It also offers the UroLume endoprosthesis stent as a less invasive procedure for men within this group who may not be good surgical candidates, as well as for men suffering from bulbar urethral strictures. Its Acticon Neosphincter is used to treat severe fecal incontinence, the loss of bowel control, in men for whom less invasive treatments have failed.
The companys AMS 700 inflatable prostheses includes a Parylene coating on certain internal surfaces of the prosthesis to increase durability, the InhibiZone antibiotic coating for which it received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval in 2009, and the Tactile Pump and Momentary Squeeze Pump, designed to improve ease of use for patients.
The companys products can be used to relieve restrictions on the normal flow of urine from the bladder caused by bladder obstructions, generally the result of BPH or bulbar urethral strictures. It offers the GreenLight photovaporization of the prostate. This laser therapy is designed to reduce the comorbidities associated with a transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP). The GreenLight PV laser system has paved the way for creating a new standard of care in the treatment of BPH.
The GreenLight HPS offers an intense laser beam balancing vaporization of tissue with coagulation to prevent blood loss and providing surgical control compared to other laser systems, and various system improvements over the GreenLight PV system, for true plug-and-play functionality. The company also offers the StoneLight laser and SureFlex fiber optics for the treatment of urinary stones. StoneLight is a portable 15-watt holmium laser that offers the right amount of power to fragment most urinary stones.
The companys products in the market treat stress incontinence, which generally results from a weakening of the tissue surrounding the bladder and urethra which can be a result of pregnancy, childbirth, and aging. It offers a range of systems to restore female continence led by Monarc and MiniArc. Monarc is a treatment for stress incontinence. It incorporates helical needles to place a self-fixating, sub-fascial hammock through the obturator foramin. The companys MiniArc Single-Incision Sling incontinence solution requires one incision to surgically place a small sling under the urethra, which minimizes tissue disruption and potential for blood loss, thereby allowing the procedure to be done with less anesthesia on an outpatient basis.
The Acticon neosphincter, an extension of its urinary control technology, is used to treat severe fecal incontinence primarily as the result of complications from childbirth, including the episiotomy. The company offers less invasive solutions for pelvic floor reconstruction, with the Apogee and Perigee systems. The Apogee system is designed to repair vaginal vault prolapse, a condition often resulting from the removal of the supporting mechanisms for the apex of the vagina as the result of hysterectomy. The Perigee system targets repair of cystocele, or the herniation of the bladder through the anterior wall of the vagina. The company also offers InteXen, a biologic graft. It offers the Elevate transvaginal pelvic floor repair system, with no external incisions. Using an anatomically designed needle and self-fixating tips, Elevate allows for mesh placement through a single vaginal incision. The anterior system was launched in 2009.
Markets and Customers
The company sells its products in the United States, Canada, Australia, Brazil, and many western European countries. Its primary physician customers include urologists, gynecologists, urogynecologists, and colorectal surgeons.
The company's competitors include medical device manufacturers, including Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Inc., C.R. Bard, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Coloplast, and Hologic, Inc.
American Medical Systems Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1972.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. History
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
American Medical Systems Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?