- The report contains detailed information about Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. business.
About Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc.
Alliance HealthCare Services, Inc. provides outpatient diagnostic imaging services and radiation oncology services. The company primarily provides magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT).
The company provides imaging and therapeutic services primarily to hospitals and other healthcare providers on a shared- service and full-time service basis. It also provides services through fixed-site imaging centers, primarily to hospitals or health systems.
The companys services include the use of imaging systems, technologists to operate the systems, equipment maintenance and upgrades and management of day-to-day shared-service and fixed-site diagnostic imaging operations. It also provides non scan-based services, which include only the use of imaging systems under a short-term contract.
The companys radiation oncology business is operated through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Alliance Oncology, LLC, and includes a range of services for cancer patients covering initial consultation, preparation for treatment, simulation of treatment, radiation oncology delivery, therapy management, and follow-up care. Its services include the use of linear accelerators, therapists to operate such systems, administrative staff, equipment maintenance and upgrades, and management of day-to-day operations. The company also provides stereotactic radiation oncology services through wholly-owned subsidiary, Alliance Radiosurgery, LLC.
The company had 507 diagnostic imaging and radiation oncology systems, including 295 MRI systems and 126 positron emission tomography (PET) or PET/CT systems, and served approximately 1,000 clients in 45 states, as of December 31, 2009. The company operated 116 fixed-site imaging centers (three in unconsolidated joint ventures), which constitutes systems installed in hospitals or other medical buildings on or near hospital campuses, including modular buildings, systems installed inside medical groups' offices, and free-standing fixed-site imaging centers, which includes systems installed in a medical office building, ambulatory surgical center, or other retail space as of December 31, 2009. Of the 116 fixed-site imaging centers, 91 were MRI fixed-site imaging centers, 16 were PET or PET/CT fixed-site imaging centers, 6 were other modality fixed-site imaging centers, and 3 were in unconsolidated joint ventures. The company also operated 25 radiation oncology centers and stereotactic radiosurgery facilities (including two radiation oncology centers in unconsolidated joint ventures), as of December 31, 2009.
The company provides outsourcing services on the following bases:
Shared Service: The company offered 59% of systems on a part-time basis in 2009. These systems are located in mobile trailers which are transported to clients' locations.
Full-Time Service: The company offered 31% of its systems on a full-time, long-term basis in 2009. These systems are located in either mobile units or buildings located at or near a hospital or clinic.
Interim and Rental Services: The company offered 10% of systems to clients on an unstaffed basis in 2009. These systems are located in mobile trailers which are transported to clients' locations. These clients may be unable to maintain the extra capacity to accommodate periods of peak demand for imaging services or may require temporary assistance until they can develop permanent imaging service centers at or near their facilities.
Other Diagnostic Imaging Services
The companys other diagnostic imaging technologies include nuclear medicine or gamma camera, ultrasound, mammography, bone densitometry, and general x-ray.
The companys competitors include RadNet, Inc., InSight Health Services Corp., Medquest, Inc., Medical Resources, Inc., Shared Medical Services, Kings Medical Company Inc., DMS Health Group, Radiation Therapy Services, Inc., Oncure Medical Corp., Vantage Oncology, Inc., and US Oncology, Inc.
Alliance HealthCare Services, Inc. was founded in 1983. The company was formerly known as Alliance Imaging, Inc. and changed its name to Alliance HealthCare Services, Inc. in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Major Shareholders
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. History
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Offices and Representations
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?