Alcon Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
- The report contains detailed information about Alcon Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Alcon Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Alcon Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Alcon Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Alcon Inc. business.
About Alcon Inc.
Alcon, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of pharmaceuticals, surgical equipment and devices, and consumer eye care products to treat primarily diseases and disorders of the eye in the United States and internationally.
The company manages its business through two business segments: Alcon United States and Alcon International. The companys portfolio spans three key ophthalmic categories: pharmaceutical, surgical, and consumer eye care products.
The company develops, manufactures, and markets prescription ophthalmic pharmaceutical products.
The company offers DuoTrav ophthalmic solution under the name TRAVATAN, which combines the prostaglandin in TRAVATAN with a beta blocker, timolol outside the United States. It also offers TRAVATAN Z ophthalmic solution, a new formulation of TRAVATAN that replaces the preservative benzalkonium chloride (BAC) with the SOFZIA preservative system in the United States and international markets.
In addition, the company offers Azopt and Betoptic S ophthalmic suspensions, both of which utilize other classes of compounds. In late 2008, the company received approval from the European Medicines Agency to launch AZARGA ophthalmic suspension, a fixed combination for the treatment of glaucoma containing a topical carbonic anhydrase inhibitor and a beta blocker. The company has launched AZARGA in most European markets and other markets outside the United States.
Anti-Infectives, Anti-Inflammatories and Combination Therapies
The company manufactures and markets a range of drugs to treat bacterial, viral, and fungal infections of the eye and to control ocular inflammation. The companys ocular anti-infective product is Vigamox ophthalmic solution, utilizing moxifloxacin to treat bacterial conjunctivitis.
During 2005, the company launched a topical non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) in the U.S. market for the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with cataract surgery. The companys combination ocular anti-infective/anti-inflammatory products, TobraDex ophthalmic suspension and ointment, combine antibiotic with an anti-inflammatory.
The company markets and manufactures products for the treatment of ocular allergies. Patanol ophthalmic solution is an ocular allergy product with a dual-action active ingredient, which acts as both an antihistamine and a mast-cell stabilizer. The company has a co-marketing agreement in Japan with Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co., Ltd., a Japanese pharmaceutical company, whereby Kyowa promotes Patanol to non-eye care physicians and the company promotes the product to eye care physicians. In 2007, the company launched in the United States the once-a-day ocular prescription allergy medicine, Pataday ophthalmic solution, which is a new formulation of olopatadine, the active ingredient in Patanol. The company sells Patanol in approximately 95 countries.
The company also markets combination anti-infective/anti-inflammatory products for ear infections. CIPRODEX otic suspension, for the treatment of otitis media in the presence of tympanostomy tubes (AOMT) and of otitis externa, commonly known as swimmer's ear, is marketed in the United States and a small number of countries outside the United States. In addition, Cipro HC Otic, for the treatment of otitis externa, is marketed in approximately 30countries. Patanase nasal spray is marketed in the United States for the relief of the symptoms of allergic rhinitis in patients six years of age and older.
The company, through its subsidiary, Falcon Pharmaceuticals, manufactures and markets generic ophthalmic and otic pharmaceutical products in the United States. It manufactures and markets approximately 35 generic pharmaceutical products. The company offers Timolol GFS, a patented gel-forming solution used to treat glaucoma. In January 2009, Falcon launched a generic tobramycin/dexamethasone combination drug.
Falcon's other principal generic products include Prednisolone Acetate (used for the treatment of inflammation of the eye), Timolol Solutio
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALCON INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALCON INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALCON INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALCON INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALCON INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Alcon Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Alcon Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Alcon Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Alcon Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Alcon Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALCON INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALCON INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. ALCON INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWITZERLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALCON INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALCON INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALCON INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Alcon Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Alcon Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Alcon Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Alcon Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Alcon Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Alcon Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Alcon Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Alcon Inc. Key Executives
Alcon Inc. Major Shareholders
Alcon Inc. History
Alcon Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Alcon Inc. Offices and Representations
Alcon Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Alcon Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Alcon Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Alcon Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment and Supplies Industry Statistics
Alcon Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Alcon Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?