- The report contains detailed information about Abiomed Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Abiomed Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Abiomed Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Abiomed Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Abiomed Inc. business.
About Abiomed Inc.
ABIOMED, Inc. provides medical devices in circulatory support. The company offers a continuum of care in heart recovery to heart failure patients. Its products are designed to enable the heart to rest, heal, and recover by improving blood flow and/or performing the pumping function of the heart.
The companys products are used in the cardiac catheterization lab, or cath lab, by interventional cardiologists and/or in the heart surgery suite by heart surgeons for patients who are in need of hemodynamic support prophelactically during high risk angioplasty procedures or who are in pre- shock, shock or profound cardiogenic shock.
The companys Impella 2.5 and 5.0 catheters are percutaneous micro heart pumps with integrated motors and sensors for use in interventional cardiology. The device is designed primarily for use by interventional cardiologists to support patients in the cath lab who may require assistance to maintain their circulation. The Impella 2.5 device received 510(k) clearance from the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA), in 2008 for partial circulatory support for up to 6 hours, has CE mark approval in Europe for approximately 5 days of use and is approved for use in approximately 40 countries.
The Impella 2.5 catheter can be inserted via the femoral artery using a guide wire to reach the left ventricle of the heart where it is directly deployed to draw blood out of the ventricle, deliver it to the systemic system and perfuse the heart muscle.
In 2008, the company received approval from the FDA to begin a second pivotal study for its Impella 2.5 in the U.S. under an investigational device exemption, or IDE, for hemodynamically unstable patients undergoing a PCI procedure due to acute myocardial infarction, or AMI, commonly referred to as heart attack. In addition to the FDA approved studies for Impella 2.5, it is also conducting USpella, the U.S. multicenter observational registry collecting clinical data and outcomes for patients supported with Impella 2.5 during elective, urgent and emergent procedures.
Impella 5.0 and Impella LD
The Impella 5.0 catheter and Impella LD are percutaneous micro heart pumps with integrated motors and sensors for use primarily in the heart surgery suite. These devices are designed to support patients who require higher levels of circulatory support as compared to the Impella 2.5. The Impella 5.0 and Impella LD devices received 510(k) clearance in 2009, for circulatory support for up to 6 hours and have CE mark approval in Europe and are approved for use in approximately 40 countries.
The Impella 5.0 is implanted via a small incision in the femoral artery in the groin and can be inplanted via the femoral artery using a guide wire to reach the left ventricle of the heart where it is directly deployed to draw blood out of the ventricle, deliver it to the systemic system and perfuse the heart muscle.
AB5000 and BVS 5000
The company manufactures and sells the AB5000 Circulatory Support System and the BVS 5000 Biventricular Support System for the temporary support of acute heart failure patients in profound shock, including patients suffering from cardiogenic shock after a heart attack, post-cardiotomy cardiogenic shock, or myocarditis. In 2009, the company received FDA approval of its premarket approval (PMA) supplement for the AB Portable Driver.
The companys AbioCor Implantable Replacement Heart is a self-contained artificial heart. It received HDE supplement approval from the FDA for product enhancement of the AbioCor in 2008.
The companys competitors include Thoratec Corporation, Getinge, and Arrow International.
ABIOMED, Inc. was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ABIOMED INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ABIOMED INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ABIOMED INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ABIOMED INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ABIOMED INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Abiomed Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Abiomed Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Abiomed Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Abiomed Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Abiomed Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ABIOMED INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ABIOMED INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ABIOMED INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ABIOMED INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ABIOMED INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ABIOMED INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Abiomed Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Abiomed Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Abiomed Inc. Major Shareholders
Abiomed Inc. History
Abiomed Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Abiomed Inc. Offices and Representations
Abiomed Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Abiomed Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Abiomed Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Abiomed Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Abiomed Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Abiomed Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Abiomed Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Abiomed Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Abiomed Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Abiomed Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Abiomed Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Abiomed Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?