- The report contains detailed information about Abaxis Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Abaxis Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Abaxis Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Abaxis Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Abaxis Inc. business.
About Abaxis Inc.
Abaxis, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, marketing and sale of portable blood analysis systems for use in the human or veterinary patient-care setting to provide clinicians with rapid blood constituent measurements.
The company manages its business in two segments, based on the products sold by market and customer group: the medical market and the veterinary market.
Point-of-Care Blood Chemistry Analyzer
The companys primary product is a blood analysis system, consisting of a portable analyzer and a series of single-use plastic discs, called reagent discs, containing all the chemicals required to perform a panel of up to 14 tests on human patients and 13 tests on veterinary patients. The system can be operated with minimal training and performs multiple routine tests on whole blood, serum or plasma samples. The system provides test results in approximately 12 minutes with the precision and accuracy equivalent to a clinical laboratory analyzer. The company manufactures the system in its manufacturing facility in Union City, California and the company markets its blood chemistry analyzers in both the medical market and in the veterinary market.
Medical Market: The company markets the blood analysis system in the medical market under the name Piccolo Xpress. Through 2006, the company marketed the blood analysis system in the medical market as the Piccolo, referred to as the Piccolo Classic. The company supports and services its population of Piccolo Xpress and Piccolo Classic chemistry analyzers.
Veterinary Market: The company markets the blood analysis system in the veterinary market under the name VetScan VS2. Through 2006, the company marketed the blood analysis system in the veterinary market as the VetScan, referred to as the VetScan Classic.
The reagent discs used with the blood chemistry analyzers are designed to handle almost all technical steps of blood chemistry testing automatically. The discs separate a whole blood sample into plasma and blood cells, meter the required quantity of plasma and diluent, mix the plasma and diluent, and deliver the mixture to the reagent chambers, called cuvettes, along the disc perimeter.
The diluted plasma dissolves and mixes with the reagent beads initiating the chemical reactions, which are monitored by the analyzer. The discs are 8-cm diameter, single-use devices constructed from three ultrasonically welded injection-molded plastic parts.
To perform a panel of tests, the operator collects a blood sample, then transfers the sample into the reagent disc. The operator places the disc into the analyzer drawer, and enters patient, physician, and operator information. The analyzer spins the disc to separate cells from plasma, meters and mixes plasma with diluent, distributes diluted plasma to the cuvettes, and monitors chemical reactions. In approximately 12 minutes, results are printed or can be transmitted to a patient data management system for inclusion in the patients medical record. A computer port enables transmission of patient results to external computers for patient data management. The company offers its blood analysis system with a total of 29 diagnostic tests.
The company markets its reagent products by configuring these 29 test methods in panels that are designed to meet various clinical diagnostic needs. The company offers 14 multi-test reagent disc products in the medical market and 9 multi-test reagent disc products in the veterinary market.
The VetScan HM5 offers a 22-parameter complete blood count (CBC) analysis, including a 5 part differential cell counter specifically designed for veterinary applications.
The company offers a veterinary hematology instrument that offers an 18-parameter CBC analysis, including a 3 part white blood cell differential, marketed originally as the VetScan HMII, and is referred to as the VetScan HM2. The company purchases the hematology instruments from Diatron Medical Instruments PLC. of Budapest, Hungary. The company also markets reagent kits to be used with its hematology instruments which the company purchases from three suppliers, including Cl
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ABAXIS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ABAXIS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ABAXIS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ABAXIS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ABAXIS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Abaxis Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Abaxis Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Abaxis Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Abaxis Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Abaxis Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ABAXIS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ABAXIS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ABAXIS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ABAXIS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ABAXIS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ABAXIS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Abaxis Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Abaxis Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Abaxis Inc. Major Shareholders
Abaxis Inc. History
Abaxis Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Abaxis Inc. Offices and Representations
Abaxis Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Abaxis Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Abaxis Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Abaxis Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Abaxis Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Abaxis Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Abaxis Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Abaxis Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Abaxis Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Abaxis Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Abaxis Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Abaxis Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?