- The report contains detailed information about Zogenix, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Zogenix, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Zogenix, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Zogenix, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Zogenix, Inc. business.
About Zogenix, Inc.
Zogenix, Inc. operates as a specialty pharmaceutical company. The company has two proprietary product candidates in late-stage development for the treatment of central nervous system disorders and pain.
The companys main product candidate, sumatriptan DosePro, enables needle-free subcutaneous delivery of sumatriptan for the treatment of acute migraine. Its second product candidate, ZX002, is a novel controlled release formulation of hydrocodone for the treatment of chronic pain. This product candidate has completed Phase 2 clinical trials.
Sumatriptan DosePro utilizes its proprietary DosePro needle-free drug delivery system to subcutaneously administer sumatriptan for the treatment of migraine and cluster headache. Sumatriptan, the active ingredient in sumatriptan DosePro, is marketed under the brand name Imitrex by GlaxoSmithKline. In Europe and other select countries, the company has licensed commercialization rights to Desitin Arzneimittel GmbH, or Desitin, which would be responsible for obtaining regulatory approval and marketing sumatriptan DosePro if approved.
ZX002, its proprietary oral version of the opioid pain reliever hydrocodone, is designed to offer a controlled release profile that combines immediate release and extended release properties, using Elan Pharma International Ltd.'s proprietary Spheroidal Oral Drug Absorption System, or SODAS. The company in-licensed U.S. rights to ZX002 from Elan Pharma International Ltd. in November 2007.
Elan Pharma International Limited License Agreement
The company, in November 2007, entered into a license agreement with Elan. Under the terms of this license agreement, Elan granted to the company a license in the United States and its possessions and territories, with defined sub-license rights to third parties other than certain technological competitors of Elan, to certain Elan intellectual property rights.
Desitin License and Distribution Agreement
The company, in March 2008, entered into a licensing and distribution agreement with Desitin. Under the terms of the agreement, the company granted Desitin the right under intellectual property rights related to sumatriptan DosePro to develop, use, distribute, sell, offer for sale, and import sumatriptan DosePro and any potential modified versions of sumatriptan DosePro in the European Union, Norway, Switzerland and Turkey
Sumatriptan DosePro: The company would compete with GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca PLC, Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co., Inc., and Pfizer Inc.
ZX002: Competitors in the opioid pain therapeutics space include Abbott Laboratories, Alpharma Inc., Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc., Johnson & Johnson, King Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Mallinckrodt Inc., Purdue Pharma L.P., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited and Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Zogenix, Inc. was founded in May, 2006. The company was formerly known as SJ2 Therapeutics, Inc. and changed its name to Zogenix, Inc. in August, 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ZOGENIX, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ZOGENIX, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ZOGENIX, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ZOGENIX, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ZOGENIX, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Zogenix, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Zogenix, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Zogenix, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Zogenix, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Zogenix, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ZOGENIX, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ZOGENIX, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ZOGENIX, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ZOGENIX, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ZOGENIX, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ZOGENIX, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Zogenix, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Zogenix, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Zogenix, Inc. Major Shareholders
Zogenix, Inc. History
Zogenix, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Zogenix, Inc. Offices and Representations
Zogenix, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Zogenix, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Zogenix, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Zogenix, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Zogenix, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Zogenix, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Zogenix, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Zogenix, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Zogenix, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Zogenix, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Zogenix, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Zogenix, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?