- The report contains detailed information about Zalicus Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Zalicus Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Zalicus Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Zalicus Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Zalicus Inc. business.
About Zalicus Inc.
Zalicus Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on developing drug candidates with a focus on the treatment of pain and inflammation.
Exalgo is an extended release formulation of hydromorphone, an opioid analgesic that is more potent than morphine. In March 2010, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the new drug application for Exalgo (hydromorphone HCl) extended-release tablets, for the management of moderate to severe pain in opioid tolerant patients requiring continuous opioid analgesia for an extended period of time. The United States commercial rights to Exalgo were acquired in June 2009 by Mallinckrodt, Inc., a subsidiary of Covidien, plc, or Covidien. Under the agreement, Covidien is responsible for all commercialization activities for Exalgo in the United States.
The company has clinical and preclinical product candidates targeting pain, inflammation and other central nervous system disorders.
Immuno-Inflammatory Product Candidates: The company has ne clinical stage product candidate, Synavive, targeting immuno-inflammatory diseases. Synavive is designed to improve the anti-inflammatory benefits of glucocorticoids, without associated dose-dependent side effects.
Ophthalmic Product Candidate: Prednisporin (FOV1101) is a topical ophthalmic drug candidate containing low doses of the glucocorticoid prednisolone acetate and the immunosuppressant cyclosporine A, that the company has licensed to Fovea Pharmaceuticals SA, a subsidiary of Sanofi Aventis.
Chronic Pain Product Candidates: The company is developing proprietary compounds to potentially treat chronic pain by selectively blocking N-type and T-type calcium channels. The N-type and T-type calcium channels in cells are important to the regulation of the bodys nervous and cardiovascular systems. The company is developing proprietary compounds to potentially treat pain and other diseases by selectively blocking these calcium channels. Its N-type calcium channel program is focused on developing drug candidates to treat chronic pain and its orally-administered N-type calcium channel blockers, including NMED-160. Its T-type calcium channel program is focused on developing drug candidates to treat various chronic pain conditions.
Other Preclinical Programs: The company's preclinical pipeline also includes product candidates targeted for potential development in Parkinsons disease, oncology, including B-cell malignancies and for biodefense applications. It has obtained the rights to CRx-601, a proprietary formulation of carbidopa and levodopa for the potential treatment of Parkinsons disease. Using its combination high throughput screening (cHTS) technology, the company has discovered that adenosine A2A receptor agonists (A2A) agonists synergize with existing and emerging drugs to treat multiple myeloma and certain other B-cell malignancies. It has entered into a collaboration agreement with PGxHealth, LLC (PGx), a subsidiary of Clinical Data, Inc., relating to the potential development of ATL313, an adenosine A2A receptor agonist compound owned by PGx.
The company has entered into multiple funded research collaborations utilizing its cHTS technology, including a research collaboration and license agreement with the Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research (Novartis), focused on the discovery of anti-cancer combinations to be developed by either Novartis or the company.
The company has entered into a cooperative research and development agreement with the United States Army Medical Research Institute for Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID), focused on discovering agents to prevent or treat Ebola virus infections.
The company was founded in 2000. It was formerly known as CombinatoRx, Incorporated and changed its name to Zalicus Inc. on September 9, 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ZALICUS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ZALICUS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ZALICUS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ZALICUS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ZALICUS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Zalicus Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Zalicus Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Zalicus Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Zalicus Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Zalicus Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ZALICUS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ZALICUS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ZALICUS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ZALICUS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ZALICUS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ZALICUS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Zalicus Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Zalicus Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Zalicus Inc. Major Shareholders
Zalicus Inc. History
Zalicus Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Zalicus Inc. Offices and Representations
Zalicus Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Zalicus Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Zalicus Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Zalicus Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Zalicus Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Zalicus Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Zalicus Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Zalicus Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Zalicus Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Zalicus Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Zalicus Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Zalicus Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?