- The report contains detailed information about Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development and commercialization of clinical-stage drug candidates for central nervous system disorders.
Fanapt: Fanapt (iloperidone) is a compound for the treatment of schizophrenia. In 2009, the company entered into an amended and restated sublicense agreement with Novartis. Novartis has commercialization rights to all formulations of Fanapt in the U.S. and Canada. In January, 2010, Novartis launched Fanapt in the U.S. The company has exclusive rights to use any of Novartis data for Fanapt for developing and commercializing Fanapt outside the U.S. and Canada.
Tasimelteon: Tasimelteon is a compound for the treatment of sleep and mood disorders, including Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorders (CRSD). In January 2010, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted orphan drug designation status for tasimelteon in a specific CRSD, Non-24-Hour Sleep/Wake Disorder in blind individuals without light perception.
Fanapt: In 2009, the company entered into an amended and restated sublicense agreement with Novartis, which has commercialization rights to all formulations of Fanapt in the U.S. and Canada. Novartis began selling Fanapt in the U.S. during the first quarter of 2010.
Tasimelteon: In 2004, the company entered into a license agreement with BMS under which it received a worldwide license and other licenses to develop and commercialize tasimelteon.
The companys competitors for Fanapt in the treatment of schizophrenia, the atypical antipsychotics Risperdal (risperidone), including the depot formulation Risperdal Consta, and Invega (paliperidone), including the depot formulation Invega Sustenna, each by Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Zyprexa (olanzapine), including the depot formulation Zyprexa Relprevy, by Eli Lilly and Company, Seroquel (quetiapine) by AstraZeneca PLC, Abilify (aripiprazole) by BMS/Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Geodon (ziprasidone) by Pfizer Inc., Saphris (asenapine) by Schering-Plough, and generic clozapine, as well as the typical antipsychotics haloperidol, chlorpromazine, thioridazine, and sulpiride (all of which are generic). In addition to the approved products, compounds in Phase III trials (or for which an NDA has been recently filed) for the treatment of schizophrenia include bifeprunox (Solvay S.A./Lundbeck A/S) and pimavanserin (Acadia Pharmaceuticals).
The companys competitors for tasimelteon in the treatment of insomnia, Rozerem (ramelteon) by Takeda Pharmaceuticals Company Limited, hypnotics, such as Ambien (zolpidem) by sanofi-aventis (including Ambien CR), Lunesta (eszopiclone) by Sepracor Inc. and Sonata (zaleplon) by King Pharmaceuticals, Inc., generic compounds, such as zolpidem, trazodone and doxepin, and over-the-counter remedies, such as Benadryl and Tylenol PM. In addition to the approved products, compounds in Phase III trials for insomnia (or for which an NDA has been recently filed) include indiplon (Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.) and low-dose doxepin (Silenortm) by Somaxon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
For the tasimelteon in the treatment of depression, antidepressants, such as Paxil (paroxetine) by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Zoloft (sertraline) by Pfizer, Prozac (fluoxetine) by Eli Lilly, Lexapro (escitalopram) by Lundbeck A/S /Forest Pharmaceuticals Inc., and Effexor (venlafaxine) by Wyeth, as well as other compounds, such as Wellbutrin (buproprion) by GSK, Cymbalta (duloxetine) by Eli Lilly, and Valdoxan (agomelatine) by Novartis and Les Laboratories Servier.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VANDA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VANDA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VANDA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VANDA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VANDA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VANDA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VANDA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VANDA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VANDA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VANDA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VANDA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?