- The report contains detailed information about United Therapeutics Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for United Therapeutics Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The United Therapeutics Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes United Therapeutics Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of United Therapeutics Corp. business.
About United Therapeutics Corp.
United Therapeutics Corporation, a biotechnology company, engages in the development and commercialization of therapeutic products for patients with chronic and life-threatening cardiovascular and infectious diseases and cancer.
PULMONARY ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION
The company markets Remodulin and Tyvaso, prostacyclin analogues, and Adcirca, a PDE-5 inhibitor, for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
The companys primary product for treating PAH is Remodulin (treprostinil) Injection, the main ingredient of which is treprostinil, a prostacyclin analogue. The company sells Remodulin to its specialty pharmaceutical distributors in the United States and to its international distributors.
Tyvaso (treprostinil) Inhalation Solution (Tyvaso) is an inhaled prostacyclin therapy for the treatment of PAH. The company sells Tyvaso to specialty pharmaceutical distributors in the United States that distribute Remodulin.
Tyvaso Inhalation System
The Tyvaso Inhalation System is an ultra-sonic nebulizer and related accessories. The Tyvaso Inhalation System is manufactured by NEBU-TEC International Med Products Eike Kern GmbH (NEBU-TEC), a German company. The Tyvaso Inhalation System is CE-marked in Europe.
UT-15C Sustained Release (Oral Treprostinil)
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
The company is developing a salt form of treprostinil, treprostinil diethanolamine for oral administration. It uses technology licensed from Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Supernus), to provide for sustained release of treprostinil in tablets. The tablet coating technology allows for treprostinil to be released into the body through a small hole that is laser-drilled into the coating of each tablet.
The company commenced a second Phase III clinical trial, FREEDOM-C2, to continue studying dosage and efficacy of oral treprostinil in PAH patients on an approved background therapy. Enrollment in FREEDOM-C2 began in June 2009.
The company also initiated a Phase II study to investigate the effectiveness of oral treprostinil in reducing the frequency and severity of ulcers located on the fingers and toes of scleroderma patients. Enrollment of this 150- patient Phase II trial remains ongoing.
The company began commercial sales of Adcirca in July 2009. Adcirca is a PDE-5 inhibitor, the active pharmaceutical ingredient of which is tadalafil. The company sells Adcirca to pharmaceutical wholesalers.
The company has entered into an agreement with Toray Industries, Inc. (Toray) for the right to develop and market a sustained release formulation of beraprost (beraprost-SR) in the United States and Canada for the treatment of cardiovascular indications. Beraprost is a chemically stable, orally bioavailable prostacyclin analogue. The amended agreement grants the company additional rights to commercialize beraprost-MR in Europe and broadens the treatment indication to include vascular disease (excluding renal disease), among other revisions. Beraprost-MR has received regulatory approval in Japan for use in the treatment of PAH.
In February 2010, the companys subsidiary, Lung Rx, LLC (Lung Rx), entered into an agreement with Mondobiotech Holding AG (Mondobiotech) for the right to develop and market aviptadil, a synthetically produced version of the naturally occurring hormone Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide (VIP), a peptide produced in the digestive system, for the treatment of PAH and other pulmonary diseases. A Phase II study of Aviptadil in PAH was completed by Mondobiotech and the EMA has designated aviptadil an orphan medicinal product for the treatment of acute lung injury and sarcoidosis.
PRODUCTS TO TREAT CANCER
3F8 and 8H9 Antibodies
The company has entered into two agreements with Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) to license certain rights to two investigational monoclonal antibodies, 3F8 and 8H9, for the treatment of neuroblastoma and metastatic brain cancer. The monoclonal antibody 3F8 is a mouse IgG3 MAb, which is used in an investigational setting for the treatment of neuroblastoma, a rare cancer of
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITED THERAPEUTICS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITED THERAPEUTICS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITED THERAPEUTICS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITED THERAPEUTICS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITED THERAPEUTICS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. United Therapeutics Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of United Therapeutics Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of United Therapeutics Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. United Therapeutics Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. United Therapeutics Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITED THERAPEUTICS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITED THERAPEUTICS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITED THERAPEUTICS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITED THERAPEUTICS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITED THERAPEUTICS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITED THERAPEUTICS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
United Therapeutics Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
United Therapeutics Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
United Therapeutics Corp. Major Shareholders
United Therapeutics Corp. History
United Therapeutics Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
United Therapeutics Corp. Offices and Representations
United Therapeutics Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
United Therapeutics Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
United Therapeutics Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
United Therapeutics Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
United Therapeutics Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
United Therapeutics Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
United Therapeutics Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
United Therapeutics Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
United Therapeutics Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
United Therapeutics Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
United Therapeutics Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
United Therapeutics Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?