- The report contains detailed information about Unichem Laboratories Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Unichem Laboratories Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Unichem Laboratories Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Unichem Laboratories Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Unichem Laboratories Limited business.
About Unichem Laboratories Limited
Unichem Laboratories Limited engages in the manufacture, development, and sourcing of generic medicines for the Indian market. It operates in therapeutic areas like gastro-intestinal, cardio-vascular, diabetes, psychiatry, neurology, anti-bacterials, anti-infectives and pain management, among others. The company operates in 25 developing and regulated countries. It is exporting to 29 countries worldwide. The company operates in three divisions: Unisearch, Unichem Pharma, and Neu Foreva.
Unichem manufactures a range of formulations, principally for the Indian and international markets. Its key therapeutic focus comprises the cardiovascular, diabetes, psychiatry, neurology, musculo-skeletal diseases (NSAIDs), gastro-intestinal, anti-infective and womens health segments, among others. The companys international business comprised direct exports, as well as operations of Niche Generics, its 60:40 ratio European joint venture. Its major products are Bisoprolol and Citalopram.
Unisearch division focuses on lifestyle-related ailments, including cardiovascular and diabetes. The companys cardiovascular products include Losar (losartan), Losar H, Losar A, combination drugs (ARBs plus ACE I), Corvadil group (amlodipine), TGTOR (atorvastatin), Clodrel (clopidogrel) and Betanif (nifedipine and atenolol). It launched Losar Beta, an ARB & beta-blocker combination; and acholestrol-reducing product Ezetib (ezetimibe) during the year 2004. The company also extended the product basket through the introduction of Loram (a combination drug of losartan and ramipril). The companys diabetology provides a complementary solution to cardiovascular ailments. The G-TASE G and Metride are some of the products Unichem introduced in 2003-04.
Unichem Pharma division focuses on common ailments that comprise acute therapy (pain management, gastro-intestinal, antiinfective and anti-allergic, among others). The products of this division belong to the musculo-skeletal (pain management) or NSAIDs, gastro-intestinals and anti-infectives therapeutic areas that address acute and conventional ailments.
The company has two products, Valcox tablets and injections. Apart from Valdecoxib, Unichem has three other COX 2 molecules in its portfolio Roff (rofecoxib, a number two product in its category), Celib (celecoxib) and M-Cam (meloxicam). Several extensions of existing products like Roff injections, Roff plus and Valcox BCD were introduced by Unichem in 2003-04. The company also offers Zulu, another NSAID combination product. It has collaboration with Glenmark Pharmaceuticals.
In Gastro-intestinals area, the company launched Itopride, a GI prokinetic. In Anti-infectives area, the company offers Ampoxin LB, Fixx (cefixime) and Sefdin (cefdinir) in the cephalosporins range of products. In the anti-allergies field, the company offers Le-Zyncet for anti-histamine / antiallergic.
Neu Foreva division focuses on psychiatry, neurology, and womens healthcare areas. In the psychiatry and neurology category, the company offers Serta (sertraline) and Trika SR (alprozolam). The company also offers Escitalopram (CpramS, a variation of Citalopram, an anti-depressant).
The company offers Evacal, which provides calcium supplements to pregnant women, nursing mothers, children and adolescents. The company also launched a microgenised progesterone formulation in the gynaecology range with Uniprogestin M, in addition to other products like Uniprogestin injection, Sulbacin (an antibiotic) and Dubogen (a hormone preparation).
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) like anti-amoebics / anti-protozoals, Cox-II inhibitors / NSAIDs, anti-hypertensives / diuretics, anti-depressants, muscle relaxants, anti-asthmatics and decongestants among others, comprise the range manufactured by Unichem. APIs are sold in the domestic and international markets, in addition to being consumed within the company for the manufacture of formulations. DMFs were registered by the company in UK, Norway, France, Germany, Sweden and Italy. The company developed and manufactured Esomeprazole, an antiulcer molecule. In Cardiovascular area, the company develops and manufactures Telmesartan, a cardiovascular molecule.
The company has operations in India, Europe, and the United Kingdom, as well as USA, southeast Asia, Africa and SAARC.
Unichem Laboratories Limited was founded by Amrut Mody.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNICHEM LABORATORIES LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNICHEM LABORATORIES LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNICHEM LABORATORIES LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNICHEM LABORATORIES LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNICHEM LABORATORIES LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Unichem Laboratories Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Unichem Laboratories Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Unichem Laboratories Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Unichem Laboratories Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Unichem Laboratories Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. UNICHEM LABORATORIES LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNICHEM LABORATORIES LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNICHEM LABORATORIES LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INDIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNICHEM LABORATORIES LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNICHEM LABORATORIES LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNICHEM LABORATORIES LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Unichem Laboratories Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Unichem Laboratories Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Unichem Laboratories Limited Major Shareholders
Unichem Laboratories Limited History
Unichem Laboratories Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Unichem Laboratories Limited Offices and Representations
Unichem Laboratories Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Unichem Laboratories Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Unichem Laboratories Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Unichem Laboratories Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Unichem Laboratories Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Unichem Laboratories Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Unichem Laboratories Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Unichem Laboratories Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Unichem Laboratories Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Unichem Laboratories Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Unichem Laboratories Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Unichem Laboratories Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?