- The report contains detailed information about Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. business.
About Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co.
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Company, a specialty pharmaceutical company, through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of modernized traditional Chinese medicines. The company markets and sells its products under the Tongjitang brand.
The companys product portfolio consists primarily of Xianling Gubao and two other approved modernized traditional Chinese medicines designed to meet market opportunities. Its product development pipeline includes expanded uses of its existing products for additional medical indications and various new product candidates that are intended to meet medical needs in China, primarily in the therapeutic areas of womens health, mental health, and dermatology.
In addition to Xianling Gubao, the company manufactures and markets a portfolio of 36 other modernized traditional Chinese medicines, including the following 2 principal products: Zaoren Anshen Capsules, an OTC medicine for treating insomnia, and Moisturizing and Anti-Itching Capsules, an OTC medicine for treating inflammatory skin conditions. The company also manufactures 36 western medicines.
The company sells Xianling Gubao both as a prescription and as an OTC medicine. While there is no substantive difference between the two versions, as a prescription medicine, Xianling Gubao is approved for the treatment of osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, ischemic bone necrosis, and bone fractures. As an OTC medicine, it is approved for the treatment of osteoporosis. Xianling Gubao is a formulation comprised of extracts of six different plants, including barrenwort. The company is conducting a Phase IV, randomized, double-blind trial to evaluate Xianling Gubao for the prevention of ischemic bone necrosis, a common side effect of systemic steroid use.
The company entered into an agreement with the Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine to jointly develop a new generation of Xianling Gubao products. The Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine also has agreed to conduct research on new process technologies and new quality standards for Xianling Gubao capsules.
Zaoren Anshen Capsules
Zaoren Anshen Capsules are an OTC medicine used to treat insomnia and improve sleep quality. Zaoren Anshen Capsules are a formulation comprising three plant extracts and contain active ingredients. Zaoren Anshen Capsules are included in the provincial medicine catalogs of provinces in China.
Moisturizing and Anti-Itching Capsules
Moisturizing and Anti-Itching Capsules, based on a formulation comprised of six plant extracts, are an OTC medicine used for the treatment of severe itchiness caused by multiple conditions, including dry skin, skin rashes, dermatitis, and aging skin. Moisturizing and Anti-Itching Capsules are included in the provincial medicine catalogs of all provinces in China.
In addition to the three principal products, the company also produces and sells the following other medicines: Dianbaizhu Syrup for the treatment of vertigo; Compound Glycyrrhiza Oral Solution for the treatment of upper respiratory infections; Jiao Ti Guo Jiao Bi Capsules for the treatment of gastritis and ulcers; Bu Shen Yi Lao Capsules to improve memory, breathing, hearing, and general malaise; Xin Nao Kang Capsules for the treatment of stroke and coronary artery disease; Jincishen Mixture for the treatment of cancer; Heiguteng Capsules for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis; Chongcao Qingfei Capsules for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); Fengshi Gutong Capsules for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis; and Jingshu Granules for the treatment of degenerative osteoarthritis (cervical spondylosis).
The company is developing various new medicines and formulations that were primarily acquired from third parties, as well as through joint research and development with universities and research institutions. As of December 31, 2009, the company was at different stages of developing 11 product candidates. The product candidates include Jing Tong Ting, which a Phase III clinical trial product for the treatment of menstrual pain; Da An Granules, for which Phase III trial is ongoing for the treatment of anxiety; Yushuda Tablets, which a Phase III clinical trial product for the treatment of depression; Dan Xian Kang Gu Capsules, for which Phase III clinical trial ongoing for the treatment of ischemic necrosis; Methylthioninium Chloride and Procainimide Injection, for which application filed for conducting clinical trials for the treatment of post-surgical acute pain; OA-008, which is in pre-clinical stage for the treatment of osteoarthritis; and Xianling Gubao Chewable Tablets, which are in pre-clinical stage for the treatment of osteoarthritis.
Distributors and Customers
The company sells its products to third-party distributors who resell these products to hospitals and retail pharmacies outside Guizhou Province. In addition, these distributors also handle distribution logistics, warehousing, and transportation. The company sells its products to retail pharmacies and hospitals in Guizhou Province through Guizhou Tongjitang Pharmaceutical Distribution Co., Ltd. and directly to consumers through Guizhou Tongjitang Pharmacy Chain Stores Co., Ltd.
The companys major distributors include Huadong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.; Guangzhou Zhixiang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.; and Shanghai Caitongde Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Company was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TONGJITANG CHINESE MEDICINES CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TONGJITANG CHINESE MEDICINES CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TONGJITANG CHINESE MEDICINES CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TONGJITANG CHINESE MEDICINES CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TONGJITANG CHINESE MEDICINES CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. TONGJITANG CHINESE MEDICINES CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TONGJITANG CHINESE MEDICINES CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TONGJITANG CHINESE MEDICINES CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TONGJITANG CHINESE MEDICINES CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TONGJITANG CHINESE MEDICINES CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TONGJITANG CHINESE MEDICINES CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Major Shareholders
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. History
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Offices and Representations
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?