- The report contains detailed information about Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. business.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. provides analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software, and services for research, manufacture, analysis, discovery, and diagnostics. The company serves its customers through two principal brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific.
Thermo Scientific is the company's technology brand, offering customers a range of analytical instruments, as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables, and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. The companys portfolio of products includes technologies for mass spectrometry, elemental analysis, molecular spectroscopy, sample preparation, informatics, fine- and chemistry production, cell culture, protein analysis, RNA-interference techniques, immunodiagnostic testing, microbiology, as well as environmental monitoring and process control.
The companys Fisher Scientific brand provides a portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety, and education markets. It also offers a range of biopharma services for clinical trials management, biospecimen storage and analytical testing.
In addition to the two principal brands, the company offers various specialty brands that cover a range of consumable products primarily for the life and laboratory sciences industry.
Segments and Products
The company operates in two segments: Analytical Technologies; and Laboratory Products and Services.
ANALYTICAL TECHNOLOGIES SEGMENT
Analytical Technologies segment serves the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic, government and other research and industrial markets, as well as the clinical laboratory and healthcare industries. This segment has three primary growth platforms Analytical Instruments, Specialty Diagnostics and Biosciences and provides a range of instruments, software and services, bioscience reagents and diagnostic assays to address various scientific, healthcare, environmental, and process optimization challenges in laboratories, manufacturing and the field.
Analytical Instruments include analytical instruments used in the laboratory to analyze prepared samples, software interpretation tools, laboratory information management systems, and laboratory automation equipment and systems; environmental instruments, integrated systems, and services used in industrial environments, in the lab, and in the field for continuous environmental monitoring, safety and security applications; and process instruments, integrated systems and measurement solutions, and services used in process environments and in the field to enable real-time process control and optimization and materials analysis.
Specialty Diagnostics products and services are used by healthcare and other laboratories to prepare and analyze patient samples to detect and diagnose diseases. Microbiology products include reagents and diagnostic kits used in the diagnosis of infectious disease or for testing for bacterial contamination to assure the safety and quality of consumer products, such as food and pharmaceuticals. Biosciences products include reagents, tools and services used in life science research, drug discovery and biopharmaceutical production.
The companys analytical instrumentation, integrated software and automation solutions are used primarily in laboratory and industrial settings and incorporate a range of capabilities for organic and inorganic sample analysis. It offers a portfolio of analytical instruments based on a range of techniques, including mass spectrometry (MS), chromatography and optical spectroscopy, which can be combined with a range of accessories, consumables, software, spectral reference databases, services and support to provide a solution to the customer.
The company complements its product technologies with laboratory information management systems (LIMS), chromatography data systems (CDS), database analytical tools, automation systems, and a portfolio of reagents and consumables from the rest of it to deliver integrated work flow solutions.
The companys instrum
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Major Shareholders
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. History
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Offices and Representations
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?